WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a Trust Attorney

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I need to look into setting up a special needs trust. I'm not sure if a living trust will cover what I need but I don't know much about trusts. Would appreciate any referrals.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I need to look into setting up a special needs trust. I'm not sure if a living trust will cover what I need but I don't know much about trusts. Would appreciate any referrals.
what area are you located in

Done-it-again

Reaction score
This who we used.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I just finished the paperwork for my trust. A inmates wife works here and was a huge help.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Got our most recent one in Kingman after MIL passed last year. THings were so smooth that we moved everything there. Can pass along the info if that is the area you are in need of. 👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Got our most recent one in Kingman after MIL passed last year. THings were so smooth that we moved everything there. Can pass along the info if that is the area you are in need of. 👍

I’d be interested in that information

Also If anyone has any recommendations in havasu

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Same here...

what are the costs associated with getting one??

If you work for a company with benefits, see if they offer “group legal”. Sign up next November at open enrollment, then get your trust done next year and drop the group legal the following year. That’s the cheapest way… otherwise I recall 3k and up depending on your complexity…

DanG

Reaction score
I used C.R. Abrams out of Mission Viejo for our Trust. They were very detailed and easy to work with. They also put on informational seminars frequently throughout southern CA. I did not got to a seminar, and I was not local to them. I used them based on a referral from a coworker. I did everything over the phone and on line and then they sent a local representative to my home for final paperwork and advise, etc. The cost was about $2500, but they give you a discount if you go to a seminar.

For those of you looking to do a Trust and do not want to spend a lot of money, there is another option. The company is trustandwill.com The current cost is $600 for a Trust or $160 for a Will. I started to go down this path and it was fairly simple just answering questions on line and then printing the paperwork out. I ended up not using it though and asking for a refund because I was not comfortable at the time and wanted more legal advice then I could get from them or that I felt comfortable with their answers at the time. Anyway, having now gone through the process with a law firm and then also being an executor of a Trust after my mom passed, I would not hesitate using this service and saving the extra money.

TrustandWill.com

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Same here...

what are the costs associated with getting one??

I'm seeing numbers for like 4k. Seems a little steep considering the simplicity of our case. Basically I want to protect my wife's SSI disability status in the event I croak and my life insurance pays her. Make the insurance payout part of the trust I guess. I think we are good in regard to the house and other assets.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I'm seeing numbers for like 4k. Seems a little steep considering the simplicity of our case. Basically I want to protect my wife's SSI disability status in the event I croak and my life insurance pays her. Make the insurance payout part of the trust I guess. I think we are good in regard to the house and other assets.
See post #4. Mine was pretty simple. Was cheaper than 4k.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Do it correctly and do it early. It can always be modified. We'd done ours years prior and pestered the hell out of my parents to set one up. Finally, started the process and my father passed the week after they signed the paperwork. My mother passed 5 years later. One trip to each financial institution and all was done.
Your heirs will thank you.