WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Planning a wedding 😂

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Take the wedding $$$ "Grand" , save it/bank it , you will need it , plan your Kids (we were married 7 years before kids) Weddings are for everyone else , Get a motel room and a 30 pack for the honey moon 48 years of marital bliss, here and counting

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We opted to supply alcohol for the wedding they provide the bartenders we are doing 3 beers and whisky and vodka they provide all the mixers like coke and all that good stuff we have a little over 100 people coming i figured for 1k I can throw one good party and get everyone drunk
We bought the booze for our daughter's wedding. The bartender distributed it. When it was gone, it was gone. We had enough beer and wine for the entire night. Sorority girls were doing keg stands at around 10 pm so there was plenty left at that time (wedding started at 3). The problem with the booze was the frat guys that showed up, drank all the liquor, and then left right after the food (some people's kids :rolleyes: ) So we ran out of the hard stuff pretty early. I made sure to reserve one bottle of bourbon for myself for the evening. Everyone seemed to have a great time, though.

As for the photographer, we still had one of the large portraits hanging until we started on this gypsy lifestyle, but my parents have a portrait in their hallway, and our daughter has one also. Jeff uses the one of us leaving the ceremony in our 1979 CJ-5 regularly. His uncle handled the video and it turned out fine. Just a recording of the event, no special editing, but I don't think we needed that. Our kids used to watch it all the time. We had it put onto DVD about 10 years ago. The kids each have a copy.

Last edited:

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I got her to drop the video package And the package at the venue includes a photo booth how many fucking pictures do we need 😂

The photo booth is for your guests. You get a copy, but the guests get to take one also. I still have ours from Jeff's sister's wedding ten years ago and look at them regularly and recall how fun the night was.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
We bought the booze for our daughter's wedding. The bartender distributed it. When it was gone, it was gone. We had enough beer and wine for the entire night. Sorority girls were doing keg stands at around 10 pm so there was plenty left at that time (wedding started at 3). The problem with the booze was the frat guys that showed up, drank all the liquor, and then left right after the food (some people's kids :rolleyes: ) So we ran out of the hard stuff pretty early. I made sure to reserve one bottle of bourbon for myself for the evening. Everyone seemed to have a great time, though.

As for the photographer, we still had one of the large portraits hanging until we started on this gypsy lifestyle, but my parents have a portrait in their hallway, and our daughter has one also. Jeff uses the one of us leaving the ceremony in our 1979 CJ-5 regularly. His uncle handled the video and it turned out fine. Just a recording of the event, no special editing, but I don't think we needed that. Our kids used to watch it all the time. We had it put onto DVD about 10 years ago. The kids each have a copy.
That is good info about the alcohol and is actually is one of my worries is we will run out quickly the venue contracts with a bartending service we have a meeting with them and they are supposed to calculate how much of each type of thing to buy based on the amount of people we are having

hallett21

Reaction score
If you buy alcohol from Costco they wouldn’t take any returns for our wedding in 2017. Not sure if the same rules apply.

We ended up over buying and just had a stash for the next year. Venue provided all mixers etc.

D19

Reaction score
If you need a DJ or coordinator, hit up @mobldj. Bill Dj'd for us and his wife was our coordinator. We had a great experience with them.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Reading the booze part...ours was dry(ish). Suite vest had flask pockets. My friends were prepped...out front there was a shaved, bagged F150. Under the tonneau cover were a couple well supplied coolers. It was like a well dressed mini truck run;)

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
If you buy alcohol from Costco they wouldn’t take any returns for our wedding in 2017. Not sure if the same rules apply.

We ended up over buying and just had a stash for the next year. Venue provided all mixers etc.

79hcxk.jpg

😂
🤣😂

hallett21

Reaction score
Doing the math for 150 people gets hard lol. I knew what our friends drank, then you gotta figure in the in-laws you’ve never met. And you can’t be short so whatever you think plus 50% 🤷🏼‍♂️

Then you gotta do that math during purchasing. I think we ended up with 8 extra Kirkland vodkas and 4 extra Kirkland tequilas. We drank Goose Island IPA for a year after lol.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Been with my chick 22 years, married 16 years. Went big, 300 people, steak medallions for dinner, good wine, best photographer, amazing venue etc…she planned and executed a spectacular event. My response to everything was yes dear, are sure that’s nice enough LOL

All in was a little under $50K back then, I’m sure well into six figures in todays dollars (just like a pickup truck) Reality is that it was a day that I enjoyed and I now look back on with very fond memories, a lot of people that were there are no longer with us. You only get to have so many great parties in this life, go big and enjoy the ride.

Money comes and goes, don’t sweat it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Our wedding all in was about $7k. We all had a blast! I don't remember how much the photographer was (I think like $1500?) But we rarely look at many of the pictures any more. The ones that I do look at though are the ones of all my family together. My great uncle Chub passed a couple of months afterwards, it was the last family function he was at. Glad it was captured. Otherwise though, my uncle officiated, it was at the Recbarn in Heritage Ranch, we had a local country artist/DJ we are friends with do his thing, no bartenders, 2 kegs, had Tortilla Town cater (I think most Paso locals and frequent visitors will vouch for their quality), minimal table decorations, we bought the table cloths and runners on Amazon, and everybody had a blast. It was good stuff!

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
We will be around 25k once it’s all done we picked hawk ranch in Temecula

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I honestly couldn't say what the whole thing cost us. We paid for absolutely everything. 100+ person Newport Beach church wedding and reception . All I know is after the wedding, reception and Caribbean cruise honeymoon, our bank accounts were depleted. Seriously, she had zero and I had about $200. Today, after 47 years, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Seems to be working . . . .so far. And we still have those $$$ photos.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
My wife is a wedding/family photographer and teacher. Her small package for a wedding is $1,600 and her big package is almost $5,000. I’ve met some her friends who are widely known and they get $9,000 for a wedding. It’s insane.