WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Louie Anderson

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Probably not the picture of perfect health, but 68 is not a bad run either. Honestly, I wouldn't have thought of him as being that old.
RIP...apparently comedians are needed elsewhere in the universe :(

...and
CANCER SUCKS!

old rigger

Reaction score
Maybe 25 years ago at the High Performance Swap in Long Beach I went in the rest room to take a leak and he was standing in the stall next to me. Kinda awkward but when I recognized him and I said something like 'probably the strangest place to ask but you're my friend's mom favorite comedian, maybe when we're outside I can get your autograph for her?'.
He was waiting outside when I finished and was joking with his friends about being ask for his autograph while taking a piss. He was super nice, gave me the autograph and we talked for a few minutes, then he went to shake my hand. I couldn't resist but said no thanks, I know where your hands were and you didn't wash them. His friends about fell over and when we'd pass each other in the rows of the swap, he'd say loud enough for everyone to hear 'I did too wash my hands'.

RIP.

nameisbond

Reaction score
RIP!!!! Not surprised, brother was telling me yesterday he was in the hospital with cancer.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Maybe 25 years ago at the High Performance Swap in Long Beach I went in the rest room to take a leak and he was standing in the stall next to me. Kinda awkward but when I recognized him and I said something like 'probably the strangest place to ask but you're my friend's mom favorite comedian, maybe when we're outside I can get your autograph for her?'.
He was waiting outside when I finished and was joking with his friends about being ask for his autograph while taking a piss. He was super nice, gave me the autograph and we talked for a few minutes, then he went to shake my hand. I couldn't resist but said no thanks, I know where your hands were and you didn't wash them. His friends about fell over and when we'd pass each other in the rows of the swap, he'd say loud enough for everyone to hear 'I did too wash my hands'.

RIP.
X2 for me. Was in the 24 hour restaurant at the Hard Rock years ago late one night after Christmas shopping and he was in the next booth kind of leaning over smoking a cigarette. Very nice and signed a napkin which I still have. Asked me where I was from and what brought me to Vegas. Cool to meet.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That guy looked like hell decades ago, and he only looked worse as years went by. Honestly I thought he died long ago…

He was a funny dude…RIP

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Probably not the picture of perfect health, but 68 is not a bad run either. Honestly, I wouldn't have thought of him as being that old.
RIP...apparently comedians are needed elsewhere in the universe :(

...and
CANCER SUCKS!
He did well in life. Hope his last few years were good. 68 is the break even point in life. I’m hoping I get to cheat it a little bit more.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Loved his role in Coming to America. Funny guy!

F2855626-23FA-48D5-8A17-F2515B8EF43F.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
IDK if any of you guys heard Frank Kramer (Heidi and Frank, KLOS) this morning when he broke the news about Louie, he said "I always pictured Louie walking through the pearly gates with meatloaf." I laughed at that one just as hard as the cooking meatloaf meme.