WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Camping Ideas - Last Minute Panic!!!

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
So I just found out I get to have my grandson for the weekend. Just talked to him and he wants to go camping and take the motorhome. I tried to talk him into tent camping with the truck. No dice. :rolleyes: Plus I have two dogs.
I am in So Cal (La Verne) and need some ideas. Silverwood is full. Looking for the brain trust to help me pull this one off.
Pics of cute kid for sympathy . :D Don't mind the old dude.

Attachments

• WRENCHING.jpg
    WRENCHING.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 275
  • MECHANICS.jpg
    MECHANICS.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 273

JayBreww

Reaction score
You can also try Santa’s village up in arrowhead.

GRANT@FUNCO

Reaction score

I’ve not been but my friends take kids there and enjoy it

pechnga is also a really nice place

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Weekend eh?

No doubt everything local is sold out, so you'll probably be dry camping.

Since you mentioned Silverwood, have you ever been to The Pinnacles up there?

Pretty sure you'd be ok for just the weekend.

There's is always Pinnacles National Park too. A bit more driving, but all kinna cool stuff to see.

What toys are you going to take??

JB in so cal

Reaction score
There's a place right on the santa Ana river by where the 73 toll road joins up with the 91. Never been, but see rv's when driving west.

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Thank you all and keep em coming. I am checking some of these out. Right now I am leaning towards Joshua Tree. Even if I don't get a campsite, I will find a place to park and go in for the days. The Monkey is 8 years old and he can scramble his brains out on the rocks. The ranger station usually has some sort of interactive stuff and we can buy something cool for him.
Keep em coming and thank you.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thank you all and keep em coming. I am checking some of these out. Right now I am leaning towards Joshua Tree. Even if I don't get a campsite, I will find a place to park and go in for the days. The Monkey is 8 years old and he can scramble his brains out on the rocks. The ranger station usually has some sort of interactive stuff and we can buy something cool for him.

Joshua Tree you say?

Tio Pancho

Reaction score

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
How about Idyllwild? You can take the little one on the tram.

f12517

Reaction score
I have no suggestions, but that pic of you and him in overalls with tools is just awesome!!!

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
I have no suggestions, but that pic of you and him in overalls with tools is just awesome!!!
Thank you. I have a bunch of different ones from last year. Meant to make a calendar for christmas but didnt get around to it. I may start a separate thread about our kids/grandkids.

TCHB

Reaction score
So I just found out I get to have my grandson for the weekend. Just talked to him and he wants to go camping and take the motorhome. I tried to talk him into tent camping with the truck. No dice. :rolleyes: Plus I have two dogs.
I am in So Cal (La Verne) and need some ideas. Silverwood is full. Looking for the brain trust to help me pull this one off.
Pics of cute kid for sympathy . :D Don't mind the old dude.
Secret Spot. Golden Shores RV Park in Long Beach.

JFMFG

Reaction score
We are headed to big bear shores rv park tomorrow afternoon. I have a 2 year old and one year old who like new friends just as much as me.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
The cheese it stand is there pop up

yz450mm

Reaction score
X3 on Vail Lake if available.

Campland in SD

Calico is fun for his age, and they have a great Saloon and interesting people watching. Temps this weekend are 80/50.

Newport Dunes if you can get a spot, doubtful but it's worth a shot.

Holloways RV/Marina in Big Bear

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
X3 on Vail Lake if available.

Campland in SD

Calico is fun for his age, and they have a great Saloon and interesting people watching. Temps this weekend are 80/50.

Newport Dunes if you can get a spot, doubtful but it's worth a shot.

Holloways RV/Marina in Big Bear
Going to Calico for Halloween
Newport Dunes is great but not what I am looking for this trip. Want something with more dirt and open area
I will check out the others.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Going to Calico for Halloween
Newport Dunes is great but not what I am looking for this trip. Want something with more dirt and open area
I will check out the others.
If you're wanting to be in a campground but be spread out, check out the back section of Vail lake. Lots to do for kids there, and plenty of adult amenities as well.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
We used to go to Carpinteria
Ride bikes on beach. Quiet camping—good for quality time

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I will be in Vail Lake this weekend...its pretty full, but you can probably get a spot in the area with minimal hook-ups...its a cool camprground...they have a pool, restaurant, bar, lots of bike riding areas, a miniature golf course thats free just got to bring your own club and ball...you can bring a golf cart or rent one to cruise around....the kids love it there..

Badchoices03

Reaction score
X2 for skinner! Going for Halloween.

Yes, we do Skinner a lot and you can almost always get a spot...the best spots on the grass are usually booked up but there are usually plenty of spots on the back rows...lots of bike riding, fishing, can rent a pontoon boat to tour the lake...

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
I will be in Vail Lake this weekend...its pretty full, but you can probably get a spot in the area with minimal hook-ups...its a cool camprground...they have a pool, restaurant, bar, lots of bike riding areas, a miniature golf course thats free just got to bring your own club and ball...you can bring a golf cart or rent one to cruise around....the kids love it there..
Years ago I drove through it and it looked like the bottom (or back area?) had been flooded out or not kept up? If I remember correctly it was a pretty big place. What are all of the details about the place and where to stay? I have wanted to go there but never gotten around to it.

Thanks in advance.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Years ago I drove through it and it looked like the bottom (or back area?) had been flooded out or not kept up? If I remember correctly it was a pretty big place. What are all of the details about the place and where to stay? I have wanted to go there but never gotten around to it.

Thanks in advance.
It's a pretty big place, and the different camping areas all have their own "feel". I'd recommend a day trip there in a vehicle to check out the sites and figure out where you would want to be for the weekend.

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
So I tried making reservations at Vailbjust now. It’s too late for the website. Can’t get anyone on the phone number they give.
What are the chances if I just show up tonight or in the morning? Is it usually 100% packed or is there a chance?

Thinking if I leave in the morning and Vail is a Knogo, I’ll head down to the beach in San Diego somewhere. The Monkey Boy and I are going to make this happen.w

Also are the resort and the KOA different places? Cant find a way to make reservations at the resort.

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Got back home safely. Spent the weekend doing whatever the Monkey wanted. We hiked with the dogs played wiffle ball. He always wants to be the Dodgers. But I told him he is the Astros because he cheats. I cut him no slack. 😁😁 If he’s going to make this fat old man run he’s going to pay for it.
We played mini golf and giant Jenga. He made a dirt track for his hot wheels.
Head was in bed by 9:00 and slept until almost 9;00. I think I did my job.
Man I love that Monkey of mine. 🙏🏾🙏🏾❤️❤️

Attachments

• IMG_6690.jpeg
    IMG_6690.jpeg
    786.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6681.jpeg
    IMG_6681.jpeg
    689 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6680.jpeg
    IMG_6680.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6678.mov
    36.8 MB
  • IMG_6675.jpeg
    IMG_6675.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6674.jpeg
    IMG_6674.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6671.jpeg
    IMG_6671.jpeg
    659.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6669.jpeg
    IMG_6669.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6659.jpeg
    IMG_6659.jpeg
    730.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6691.jpeg
    IMG_6691.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 67

JFMFG

Reaction score
Got back home safely. Spent the weekend doing whatever the Monkey wanted. We hiked with the dogs played wiffle ball. He always wants to be the Dodgers. But I told him he is the Astros because he cheats. I cut him no slack. 😁😁 If he’s going to make this fat old man run he’s going to pay for it.
Looks like a damn good weekend.

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
Awesome!