WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shlbynto any updates on the kid?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
some stuff is happening. Ill know more tomorrow.
IMG_20230107_215816.jpg

Xring01

Reaction score
On the other thread… someone mentioned Baby Shower… which is a great idea…

Or we can also pitch some cash your way. Set up a Zelle or Paypal account… something to that effect. I think go fund me takes a portion of the proceeds…

Or maybe register on Amazon,

I dont know… something…

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing
X3 but was worried about appearing ghay with posting it. I guess you two broke the ice. LOL

Looking forward to hearing the update Breck!!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We promise not to tell anyone...

Honest! 😁
I spoke to him yesterday, and it’s best that information is limited in a publicly accessible space right now. I don’t wanna speak for Breck but I will say that things seem to be moving in the right direction while he may have some hurdles ahead his heart is in the right place and doing what is best for the child is his key priority.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I spoke to him yesterday, and it’s best that information is limited in a publicly accessible space right now. I don’t wanna speak for Breck but I will say that things seem to be moving in the right direction while he may have some hurdles ahead his heart is in the right place and doing what is best for the child is his key priority.

I was joking...

Like he's really a parole??

Comon man! 😁

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I was joking...

Like he's really a parole??

Comon man! 😁

I have to get Health and Human Services (CPS) in Arapahoe County in Colorado to agree to allowing me to legally remove Marlee from the state and move her to Texas. Theres only a couple ways that can happen, neither of which are easy. I am starting to see a shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel though.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I got some great news this morning everyone. I just received word from CPS that as soon as Marlee's birth certificate and Social Security number are generated, she will be cleared to move to Texas!

In related news, everyone be on the look out for a bunch of my toys to be hitting the chopping block. Im still struggling with my "keep" and "dont keep" lists but its looking more and more likely that Ultra Convervative will be among my toys that will be looking for new homes.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I got some great news this morning everyone. I just received word from CPS that as soon as Marlee's birth certificate and Social Security number are generated, she will be cleared to move to Texas!

In related news, everyone be on the look out for a bunch of my toys to be hitting the chopping block. Im still struggling with my "keep" and "dont keep" lists but its looking more and more likely that Ultra Convervative will be among my toys that will be looking for new homes.
That's great news...and on the chopping block....I see go fund me's everyday... but sir you have the story and the need for a go fund me...I am sure you would receive a lot of $$ help if you just put the story out there....every bit helps...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

Awesome news and thanks for keeping us in the loop. We are all cheering for you being a solid parent for this little one. Well done sir.

FCT

Reaction score
So awesome that you are stepping up to help that little girl have a wonderful life. It will not be an easy road, but it is one worth going down and it will give you more gratification then anything you have ever done in your life. I know we all have said a lot already but when you get a chance, create a registry with a store or somewhere like buybuy BABY or target, etc. I think kids have a soft spot in most of our hearts and if we can help make things better by providing things you need for the both of you. It would be great to help. The world needs more great selfless people like yourself.

One last thing. Out of all the bullshit and knickknacks we got when we had our boys the single most important thing that I can suggest is an Owlet. It say oxygen and heart rate monitor that the baby will wear anytime it’s sleeping and if either drops below safe levels, it sounds like a damn fire alarm going off. It’s saved my son’s life and if it was not for that my little boy would probably be dead today. I put it on him before he went to bed and I never turned on the base station. I went to bed about an hour and a half later and realized I didn’t turn it on, the second I turned it on it started going crazy and I ran in there and snatched him out of his crib and he was damn near lifeless. I owe my sons life to that monitor, and I could not suggest that enough.

riverroyal

Reaction score
wow, life is sure crazy.
A year or 2 back I put up a thread about super soaker,,,,shocking right! My head unit was ruined. Shlbyntro asked the brand, polk. A week later there was a box at my door. The exact same head unit he pulled from a boat. Plug and play, took 30 sec to install.
Ive never even met him! Obviously he is a better human than me !! 😁

attitude

Reaction score
So awesome that you are stepping up to help that little girl have a wonderful life. It will not be an easy road, but it is one worth going down and it will give you more gratification then anything you have ever done in your life. I know we all have said a lot already but when you get a chance, create a registry with a store or somewhere like buybuy BABY or target, etc. I think kids have a soft spot in most of our hearts and if we can help make things better by providing things you need for the both of you. It would be great to help. The world needs more great selfless people like yourself.

One last thing. Out of all the bullshit and knickknacks we got when we had our boys the single most important thing that I can suggest is an Owlet. It say oxygen and heart rate monitor that the baby will wear anytime it’s sleeping and if either drops below safe levels, it sounds like a damn fire alarm going off. It’s saved my son’s life and if it was not for that my little boy would probably be dead today. I put it on him before he went to bed and I never turned on the base station. I went to bed about an hour and a half later and realized I didn’t turn it on, the second I turned it on it started going crazy and I ran in there and snatched him out of his crib and he was damn near lifeless. I owe my sons life to that monitor, and I could not suggest that enough.
The Owlet is a great idea.

@Shlbyntro I’m not sure if we still have ours but if we do I would be glad to ship it to you. No more kids for us (I hope)😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@Shlbyntro , toys come and go. You are in a unique position because this is going fast. Sometimes it happens. I'd suggest trying to keep the Excursion. When the kids were little, ours was awesome. With the third row out, you can have everything, stroller, snack bag, diaper bag...suitcases and toolbox...and still have room and nothing on the seats. They make little mirrors that go on the headrests. The rear facing seats make it hard to see if they're sleeping.

Life can be an adventure. The best things, are rarely what we had planned.

Xring01

Reaction score

This made my day! I needed some good news.
Like I, and many others have said.. Get registered somewhere and let us know.
If you prefer $$$, pm me your Paypal or Zelle account info…
I am serious, my kids are 23 and 24ish… So I know what it takes to raise one. Lets us help you out. It would be our pleasure to know we helped in a small way. I say small in comparison to what you have coming your way.. LOL..

Being a Dad is awesome. My advice is pretty simple. You get what you put into them.
Once they get past that toddler stage realize, your not raising a little girl. You have a little girl that your raising to be a woman someday.
Allow them to be the kids they are at the age they are at, but never forget the life time values, you need to teach them, that will guide them to where they want to be in life. Values need to be introduced at an early stage, and re enforced as they grow.

There will be some stress headed your way, but trust me on this. In 20 years, this will be your biggest achievement and most rewarding thing you have ever done. I had a blast with my kids, at all ages.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

It's difficult to ask for a handout. I know I couldn't do it, and I'd (like you) be doing what I had to do.

But.........

Those of us that are parents and have already raised our kids, know what's ahead for you.

So please...

Give it some thought and allow those of us that know what's coming and Want to help, do what we want to do.

Don't consider it asking for a hand out. Consider it Allowing us to do what we want to do.

😊

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
It's difficult to ask for a handout. I know I couldn't do it, and I'd (like you) be doing what I had to do.

But.........

Those of us that are parents and have already raised our kids, know what's ahead for you.

So please...

Give it some thought and allow those of us that know what's coming and Want to help, do what we want to do.

Don't consider it asking for a hand out. Consider it Allowing us to do what we want to do.

😊
How about we all just throw some baby stuff together that will help with getting settled in? Don't really need his permission it wait to ask lol. Lots of smart parents around here that knows what baby products work and what doesn't in the baby world as far as comfort and making things easier at home. I know we bought lots of worthless shit and some stuff that was a game changer

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How about we all just throw some baby stuff together that will help with getting settled in? Don't really need his permission it wait to ask lol. Lots of smart parents around here that knows what baby products work and what doesn't in the baby world as far as comfort and making things easier at home. I know we bought lots of worthless shit and some stuff that was a game changer

My baby stuff went away maybe 20 years ago now. I do have some dead presidents laying at though!

😁

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Good idea, Breck has done a lot for different people on and off of here...including myself without seeking something in return. RDP let's make something happen for him this time around! I know we have a box of stuff that we are going to finish putting together this weekend thats going out with nb/0-3 onesies, and some other stuff for immediate needs. We all know that the first few months are a bit messy on clothes 🤣🤣

I'm not going to publicly post his email address for digital gift cards but I don't think he would be upset if I provided it to people on here in this case 😅 DM me if you want it.

Edited to condense down. Googling some options now on Breck's request.

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
No need to sell toys. Post up what Marlee needs!

Thankyou everybody for the offers of everything. I am pretty much set for Marlee's immediate material needs but will continue to need consumables and will have to eventually upgrade her from a basinette to a real crib.

What we are/will be in true need of help with though is child care. I will effectively be a single working parent to my niece and I need childcare to continue to be able to work. I plan on helping to fund it with the sale of some of my toys, but if somebody would like to set up a childcare fund for us, I would gladly and graciously accept the help from my RDP fam

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thankyou everybody for the offers of everything. I am truly set for Marlee's material needs.

What we are/will be in true need of help with is child care. I will effectively be a single working parent to my niece and I need childcare to continue to be able to work. I plan on helping to fund it with the sale of some of my toys, but if somebody would like to set up a childcare fund for us, I would gladly and graciously accept the help from my RDP fam

@Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Last edited: