WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singleton

Reaction score
That have said they are building them in order. They are asking people to pay for them seemingly in order. So it stands to reason that is how they are being built.

But no one knows.

Keep up the negativity!
So any thoughts on why zero statements have been made about the EPA cert.
You skipped that question

Singleton

Reaction score
That have said they are building them in order. They are asking people to pay for them seemingly in order. So it stands to reason that is how they are being built.

But no one knows.

Keep up the negativity!

So RD is El jefe rg 113. But that could be car 500? Is that an accurate way to think about it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont , it wouldn't let me respond to post #3802...weird...but that's not what I was implying. I was under the impression that those deposit funds were held in an escrow of sorts. Whoever is holding those funds, may not be letting them sit idle, but using them to generate some gains. RG can be a bit rough or a braggart, but I'd never say that type at all.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So any thoughts on why zero statements have been made about the EPA cert.
You skipped that question

I didn’t skip that question.. it has been answered already if we read the tea leaves.

People have paid, they are on the hook to deliver cars in what 4-5 weeks now?

So they are looking at a lawsuit if this EPA business is not taken care of, right?

I don’t need a daily update of progress. I don’t need multiple confirmations of the same thing. Why would you, as someone that does not even have a car ordered, be so concerned about the EPA status of a product you don’t own and won’t buy?

They said they had the certs on Friday, did they not? What more are you expecting?

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So RD is El jefe rg 113. But that could be car 500? Is that an accurate way to think about it.

Depends on how many preproduction and non customer cars they have made I guess. They seem to be calling people in order. If you pay and are promised a car in 4-6 weeks it stands to reason they are making or have made your car and are making them in some type of order related to that.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont , it wouldn't let me respond to post #3802...weird...but that's not what I was implying. I was under the impression that those deposit funds were held in an escrow of sorts. Whoever is holding those funds, may not be letting them sit idle, but using them to generate some gains. RG can be a bit rough or a braggart, but I'd never say that type at all.

I have no idea where the funds are honestly. I’m not worried about it. I don’t gamble with money I’m not willing to lose. The funds were likely used for development costs long ago. I don’t think they are in any escrow account, but I have no idea. No one does but them. I know they are shopping for retail buildings in South OC that cost a hell of a lot more than the money we all gave them and was sitting or spent.

That said, I don’t think RG spent $20m to steal $10m from people. If we agree he didn’t steal the money, then we are just waiting for the cars to roll out, and if so, then that is what it is.

Singleton

Reaction score
Funny, this is something you do all the time. Then you'll argue til death about it, lol How do you not know you do this?
In LOL defense, I have said I am not a buyer. I want to see one in person, see how it performs in real life and then I might pay more via a dealership to get one vs doing a deposit.

my point to the post, RG made a statement that EPA cert was pending before cars could be delivered at SSSS. You would think he would post that update via all the videos he does. Granted, still waiting on CARB. Seems only those that watch the Saturday car interview know epa cert was issued (verbally, nothing published). Just highlights, RG talks sometimes before he should IMO.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Funny, this is something you do all the time. Then you'll argue til death about it, lol How do you not know you do this?

Lol it’s funny you bring this up as a Tesla owner 😂😂.

The guy I’m talking to has a Cyber Truck on order and is happy to pay a yet undetermined amount more than promised for a truck that will not have the range promised and has a yet to be determined delivery schedule. Like pretty much every Tesla that comes out.

But is a black hat here about a UTV that was locked in on price and seems will deliver on power and featured promised.

The irony writes itself.

I’ve never said a thing about your Tesla other than it is not cheap transportation. I don’t care when or if anyone’s cyber truck is delivered. They will arrive when they arrive, late, just like every other Tesla.

Last edited:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Lol it’s funny you bring this up as a Tesla owner 😂😂.

This is so you! lol You troll all the Tesla threads not knowing much about them at all. But, you're always there with yore negativity even tho you have no intention of buying one, ordering one etc.... You accuse everyone of doing what you do 24/7.... You're a smart guy, yet you're not very self-aware of yore behavior.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This is so you! lol You troll all the Tesla threads not knowing much about them at all. But, you're always there with yore negativity even tho you have no intention of buying one, ordering one etc.... You accuse everyone of doing what you do 24/7.... You're a smart guy, yet you're not very self-aware of yore behavior.

That isn’t really correct. I just troll you when you say you didn’t have to wait at Costco for gas…while waiting for a charge on yore road trip 😂.

And then point out it cost you $60k for that $4 charge at yore house, and that $30k+ buys a lot of gas when you buy an equivalent ICE vehicle for about half.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

No it’s car 113 after the first 20-50 that are being built for speed.. I can’t remember if it was 20 or 50.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Like I said I don’t remember how many production. Cars they were building for themselves..

I Just know I’m 113 when they start selling to the public.

I had heard 20 as well, but this is likely a fluid situation and things change.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
That isn’t really correct. I just troll you when you say you didn’t have to wait at Costco for gas…while waiting for a charge on yore road trip 😂.

And then point out it cost you $60k for that $4 charge at yore house, and that $30k+ buys a lot of gas when you buy an equivalent ICE vehicle for about half.

Fake news, speed boy...

I'm trying to help you out and make friends here on RDP.... I've was calling you out before it was cool... lol

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If he has the EPA stuff on file, and Gov. Grusome and his merry band of fuktards screws with CARB compliance, could they be sold out of state? I know this isn't a weedeater, but would that be an option? At least that way he could deliver a ton of cars, and be able to blame CARB for the one's he can't yet.

Singleton

Reaction score
If he has the EPA stuff on file, and Gov. Grusome and his merry band of fuktards screws with CARB compliance, could they be sold out of state? I know this isn't a weedeater, but would that be an option? At least that way he could deliver a ton of cars, and be able to blame CARB for the one's he can't yet.
Yes. If he has EPA, cars can be sold and registered everywhere else except CA.

Havalife

Reaction score
I hope I can see one run in the Desert Bash coming up soon.
Just wondering if replacement parts will be available when they release the production cars, I am sure a few will be breaking parts.

DMF

Reaction score
No, RD cannot have El Jefe Rg 113 because I have the 113th RG model. My master number is 1813. RD is car number 113 which happens to a El Jefe RG model.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No, RD cannot have El Jefe Rg 113 because I have the 113th RG model. My master number is 1813. RD is car number 113 which happens to a El Jefe RG model.

I dunno about all that? I have number 113 and it’s an RG? The master numbers etc came way later and I’m still confused as hell as to how all that works

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I hope I can see one run in the Desert Bash coming up soon.
Just wondering if replacement parts will be available when they release the production cars, I am sure a few will be breaking parts.
Robby said that for every ten car's he builds they will have one complete car in parts.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Well if he truly got EPA approval why are the first 100 people not being called to come get there finished vehicles that are sitting in the warehouse ?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Well if he truly got EPA approval why are the first 100 people not being called to come get there finished vehicles that are sitting in the warehouse ?
Because no carb cert. also prolly still have to ship them

JFMFG

Reaction score
I’d imagine it is getting close. Been numerous spotting of RG in havasu now with cars on the trailer. I bet before thanksgiving people will have vehicles

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
But can be sold in 49 other states. Customer deliveries will change everything in the right direction
Yes but I don’t see them cherry picking the orders (custom built) because of where you live. Also someone may say they “live in havasu” and take delivery there and try to register it in CA and that would be a problem for speed.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes but I don’t see them cherry picking the orders (custom built) because of where you live. Also someone may say they “live in havasu” and take delivery there and try to register it in CA and that would be a problem for speed.

It’s a problem for the owner.. not for Speed. It would say “49 state legal, pending 50” all over the final paperwork.

If it was not truly pending CARB and they said it was… yes problem for Speed.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’d imagine it is getting close. Been numerous spotting of RG in havasu now with cars on the trailer. I bet before thanksgiving people will have vehicles

Speed has said this. 2nd week of November people will have cars.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
It’s a problem for the owner.. not for Speed. It would say “49 state legal, pending 50” all over the final paperwork.

If it was not truly pending CARB and they said it was… yes problem for Speed.
yes but speed cant sell a car to CA until its cert is in hand. I dont see speed cherry picking the lineup for that cause. I bet 1/2 are CA people

JFMFG

Reaction score
yes but speed cant sell a car to CA until its cert is in hand. I dont see speed cherry picking the lineup for that cause. I bet 1/2 are CA people
If I was Robby and missing a California cert I’d start pumping out orders to all other customers to get some revenue coming in and sending the message shit is really happening.

Singleton

Reaction score
But can be sold in 49 other states. Customer deliveries will change everything in the right direction
IMO, this only starts occurring if CARB certs are not published by Nov 1.
They need to get cars in the hands of deposit owners before Thanksgiving.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

They are selling to people.. not the state. Anyone can buy anything they want. I can go out of state and buy a 49 state vehicle.

How they store cars pending availability is anyone’s guess. If these certs are simply pending a rubber stamp as they have indicated, it does not matter much anyway. That is not a reason alone to shutter or cherry pick production. It does not sound like they are even there yet.

JayBreww

Reaction score
I wonder if they are still waiting on actually producing cars till they have the certs in hand.
What if a change order is needed and now you have all these produced vehicles and some cars already delivered to outside Ca but cars are not up to CARBs likings.
Just a thought.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I wonder if they are still waiting on actually producing cars till they have the certs in hand.
What if a change order is needed and now you have all these produced vehicles and some cars already delivered to outside Ca but cars are not up to CARBs likings.
Just a thought.

They are actively producing cars now. They are claiming people will have their cars in 5-6 weeks.

If they are just waiting for a rubber stamp like they have indicated, that wouldn’t be needed.

Otherwise they may just have a CA car and a 49 state car like Polaris does.

EPL

Reaction score
IMO, this only starts occurring if CARB certs are not published by Nov 1.
They need to get cars in the hands of deposit owners before Thanksgiving.
I don't think anyone in the public is going to see any cars till they have the "CARB" certification . All states have some type of emission requirements (even Arizona) and don't think they are going to go through all the expense to not be able to sell them in CA. I don't think any companys even produce a so call "49" state vehicle to be sold in the US any more because there are many states that require emission requirements the same as the "CARB" requirements .

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I wonder if Speed were to sell out of state, if that would open them up to liability of some sorts? I would think a large % of the list are people in Cali. Of that number, how many would try to sue him for not going in order, so to speak? I've never run a big business, but dealing with a large group of people that could throw money at the "spots", means there are also those that could throw money at litigation. Those people are out there, I'm pretty sure.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't think anyone in the public is going to see any cars till they have the "CARB" certification . All states have some type of emission requirements (even Arizona) and don't think they are going to go through all the expense to not be able to sell them in CA. I don't think any companys even produce a so call "49" state vehicle to be sold in the US any more because there are many states that require emission requirements the same as the "CARB" requirements .

Polaris has 49 state cars and CA specific cars today. Every other state goes by EPA. CARB is just for CA.

They will sell these in CA, they are just waiting on bureaucrats to finalize the paperwork.

Unless Speed is lying, the tests have all been passed.

JayBreww

Reaction score
They are actively producing cars now. They are claiming people will have their cars in 5-6 weeks.

If they are just waiting for a rubber stamp like they have indicated, that wouldn’t be needed.

Otherwise they may just have a CA car and a 49 state car like Polaris does.
I quit believing in statements like that.
I’ve only seen a few photos of an assembly line and that was awhile ago.

Are they still only doing the first 100 rollout?

If they have continued production since the original delivery dates 3 weeks ago, at the daily productions number goal, they should have several hundred of not a thousand by now no?
So why only first make deliveries to the first 100?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I wonder if Speed were to sell out of state, if that would open them up to liability of some sorts? I would think a large % of the list are people in Cali. Of that number, how many would try to sue him for not going in order, so to speak? I've never run a big business, but dealing with a large group of people that could throw money at the "spots", means there are also those that could throw money at litigation. Those people are out there, I'm pretty sure.

Short answer is no.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I believe if you have a red plug your rzr is not California legal if you have a blue plug your car is California legal I believe the wire with the plug is on the header of the exhaust coming off the turbo @LargeOrangeFont correct me if I am wrong

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I quit believing in statements like that.
I’ve only seen a few photos of an assembly line and that was awhile ago.

Are they still only doing the first 100 rollout?

If they have continued production since the original delivery dates 3 weeks ago, at the daily productions number goal, they should have several hundred of not a thousand by now no?
So why only first make deliveries to the first 100?

You know it is a long boat ride from China right?

They are not at the daily production goal yet. They don’t have anywhere near 1000 done yet, maybe 200-300 by now, best case.

If you don’t believe it then I’m not sure what to tell you. They say cars will be delivered mid November. A member has been told he will have his then.

Status
Not open for further replies.