WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverroyal

Reaction score
you guys need to get your speed cars asap. So the rest of us can watch the first 1000 miles. In a perfect world this can happen before Polaris and Can Am release any 2024 news.
Ive said it before, once proven, enthusiast like me will have some great options when it come to our next utv.
If hastings, morgan motorsports, issues, are all homeruns that will shake things up.

If hastings has a bar inside to use while oli changes are happening that would help also

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Hey look, a speed car. My mistake, just another purple unicorn.

R.1b55bcb68edb4e5a5e75f9bff2fddd1f

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
I’m a check every box kinda guy
Speed also offers sand wheel/tire setups, dual touchscreen dashes, spares and most every do dad you can think of. if you checked every option it’s a lot of cash.

I offer all that stuff 2. When do I get the check?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
you guys need to get your speed cars asap. So the rest of us can watch the first 1000 miles. In a perfect world this can happen before Polaris and Can Am release any 2024 news.
Ive said it before, once proven, enthusiast like me will have some great options when it come to our next utv.
If hastings, morgan motorsports, issues, are all homeruns that will shake things up.

If hastings has a bar inside to use while oli changes are happening that would help also

No we don’t need them ASAP. We need them when they are ready.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Was just on the freeway driving pass some guy with a Chinese made utv on a trailer wife asked what kind of utv was that I said i don’t know but I will tell you this it’s not a speed car wife spits out water laughing 😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Speed also offers sand wheel/tire setups, dual touchscreen dashes, spares and most every do dad you can think of. if you checked every option it’s a lot of cash.

I offer all that stuff 2. When do I get the check?

I’m not sure what we are talking about

baja-chris

Reaction score
Big fuel cell. Lights. GPS. Skids. Bumpers. Spares. Opps, I'm already well over $10k.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
ok...calm down alice. Something is gonna break. Sooner YOU GUYS break it the sooner it gets addressed.
Speed should release some as 'test" units to RDP members

It will break when it brakes and it will be addressed when it gets addressed. Let them finalize the cars and release them.

What do you need to see it so bad for? You keep saying there is less and less chance you are a customer 🤣.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont let’s just say hypothetically these cars come out and they are shit and break how will that affect speed going forward let’s say he has to issue a stop ride can the company survive that?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont let’s just say hypothetically these cars come out and they are shit and break how will that affect speed going forward let’s say he has to issue a stop ride can the company survive that?

Why do you think I’ve been saying I want them to take the time they need to make them as good as they can be? That is why so don’t care when I get them.

No one said they won’t ever have problems. They don’t need big problems with electronics or drivetrain out of the first few thousand cars. That would not be good for PR or for the company.

If that happens it will be just another Polaris or Can Am 🤣.

Any problem they fix before delivery saves them a ton over fixing it post delivery.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Why do you think they have not been released yet and why do you think I’ve been saying I want them to take the time they need to make them as good as they can be?

No one said they won’t ever have problems. They don’t need big problems with electronics or drivetrain out of the first few thousand cars. That would not be good for PR or for the company.

Any problem they fix before delivery saves them a ton over fixing it post delivery.
Your not answering my question if these come out and they are shit can speed utv come back from something like a stop ride keep in mind they don’t have the Infrastructure like polaris to handle a problem like this or lots of dealers to handle recalls

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Why do you think I’ve been saying I want them to take the time they need to make them as good as they can be? That is why so don’t care when I get them.

By that logic they should take 10 more years to really perfect it!!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Your not answering my question if these come out and they are shit can speed utv come back from something like a stop ride keep in mind they don’t have the Infrastructure like polaris to handle a problem like this or lots of dealers to handle recalls

Define “shit”? A stop ride for what?

An arm falls off?
An engine explodes?
Fire hazard?
Clutch explodes?
This happens to 20% of them? All of them?

They aren’t releasing these by the hundreds yet, so if a problem came up in the first hundred cars they would probably get it taken care of over time I guess.

The early adopters knew what they were getting into. The only reason I bought one is I can roll it down the hill to their dealer.

riverroyal

Reaction score
It will break when it brakes and it will be addressed when it gets addressed. Let them finalize the cars and release them.

What do you need to see it so bad for? You keep saying there is less and less chance you are a customer 🤣.
You missed the point.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Types of accessories, and how people are spending 10K or more on accessories when the Speed is supposed to be top of line and not need upgrades

It has a cage already and suspension already and power already..

But if you want seat heaters big lights radios spare axles skid plates etc..

It is better than the rest from the get go but you can still option them out? I don’t see how this could possibly be a point of contention?

Backlash

Reaction score
Define “shit”? A stop ride for what?

An arm falls off?
An engine explodes?
Fire hazard?
Clutch explodes?
This happens to 20% of them? All of them?

They aren’t releasing these by the hundreds yet, so if a problem came up in the first hundred cars they would probably get it taken care of over time I guess.

The early adopters knew what they were getting into. The only reason I bought one is I can roll it down the hill to their dealer.
I don't know, maybe something like a rear trailing arm giving up the ghost...... 🤣

I know "It's already been addressed and fixed," but I'm just pointing out the obvious. 😉

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Seems like a lame excuse, but it is plausible. In the pictures on Boardmanville, they are actually working on the Red car, not the blue one.

Emtron has been in Havasu over TG working on something with the ECU, so it's possible the motor is out for some other reason. Who knows.

They also could have been trying to squeeze a bunch of power of it with Emtron and leaned it out.

EPL

Reaction score
Seems like a lame excuse, but it is plausible. In the pictures on Boardmanville, they are actually working on the Red car, not the blue one.

Emtron has been in Havasu over TG working on something with the ECU, so it's possible the motor is out for some other reason. Who knows.

They also could have been trying to squeeze a bunch of power of it with Emtron and leaned it out.
In the picture it looks like RG has oil in his hand !

EPL

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you go back to camp in the red car and grab a can of gas? Towing seems excessive.
At Parker they came to our camp to barrow a spare tire and gas last time we were there !!

stonehenge

Reaction score
The oil was for those 2 stroke versions.

Towing is way more sensible than just putting gas in it.

Oh and they certainly get better fuel mileage when towing through the deep, soft sand. This is a fact.

...and I always pull my motor out after I ran it out of gas and towed it back to camp under the cover of darkness,

Some people are so stupid, all of this makes perfect sense.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Only on the internet and apparently RDP can the totally uninformed insinuate man or woman a liar ( get away with). There was a day you damn well best prove a man or woman a liar. This thread has become so fucked up the only value of it is a “Who’s Who” of RDP.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Only on the internet and apparently RDP can the totally uninformed insinuate man or woman a liar ( get away with). There was a day you damn well best prove a man or woman a liar. This thread has become so fucked up the only value of it is a “Who’s Who” of RDP.
Im a absolute nobody on here and think it’s pretty entertaining minus the insults.

buck35

Reaction score
So are you right ,or left nut...
Asking for no one in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.