WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

DMF

Reaction score
Not to be a dick, but with all the misinformation floating about...

Do you actually work in the pre order department and/or have access to who ordered what?

🤷‍♂️
Well, considering people who recently ordered a car from Speed UTV have a master number in the 3,000's and they have 80+ dealers signed up. Reasonable deduction would say the majority of orders are coming from their dealer network. 🤷‍♂️

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well, considering people who recently ordered a car from Speed UTV have a master number in the 3,000's and they have 80+ dealers signed up. Reasonable deduction would say the majority of orders are coming from their dealer network. 🤷‍♂️

If one was to believe all this to be true, then yes, that would make sense.

BTW...

WTF is a "master number"?

My buddy has an order around 2500 and has never mentioned anything about a "master number"

Is this opposed to some other type of number? Is one more significant than another?

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I do not see a 4 seat Ultimate Pro R anywhere in Ca for 40K. MSRP on that car is $44,999..
If you’re really looking for one head into your local dealer and see what they’ll do?

I’ve only seen them with the discounted pricing in the dealerships never posted online.

NicPaus

Reaction score
If you’re really looking for one head into your local dealer and see what they’ll do?

I’ve only seen them with the discounted pricing in the dealerships never posted online.
I hit every dealer at the Sand Show. Maybe they are discounted now that they have seen the new SPEED.

DMF

Reaction score

I have one coming in this week.

DMF

Reaction score
I hit every dealer at the Sand Show. Maybe they are discounted now that they have seen the new SPEED.
They are not discounting them 5k. If they are, then the fees will be 8-10k. So you are not really getting a deal.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They are not discounting them 5k. If they are, then the fees will be 8-10k. So you are not really getting a deal.
Yeah they had them on sale. But then added ADM. Bullshit sales tactics. How can you list them on sale then add additional dealer markup...

NicPaus

Reaction score
What? I am getting a 2 seat ultimate in AZ for 44k out the door.
That sounds right. I am talking about the 4 seater Ultimate. No way under 40k otd anywhere currently.

DMF

Reaction score
Yeah they had them on sale. But then added ADM. Bullshit sales tactics. How can you list them on sale then add additional dealer markup...
In AZ they are not doing adm's anymore. The trick now is tacking on money under the freight, set-up, and doc fee's. I have been quoted as low as $1,800 and as high as $8,000 in fee's.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
They’ve discounted because dealer floors all full of inventory! It’s just like RV dealerships all things are going to start getting back to normal at dealerships.

Im sure Speed has little to do with dealer pricing right now but who knows in the future?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They’ve discounted because dealer floors all full of inventory! It’s just like RV dealerships all things are going to start getting back to normal at dealerships.

That and riding season is just about over. Gotta make room for the water toys!

DMF

Reaction score
Not on Pro R's!!! Maybe, PRO XP'S. I have literally been calling every dealership in Ca, AZ, and Ut for the last 2 months. There isn't any available.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Not on Pro R's!!! Maybe, PRO XP'S. I have literally been calling every dealership in Ca, AZ, and Ut for the last 2 months. There isn't any available.
Like I said walk in and see? I’ve seen pro r on the floor at Temecula motorsports in the last two weeks and one at del amo last Wednesday?

DMF

Reaction score
Like I said walk in and see? I’ve seen pro r on the floor at Temecula motorsports in the last two weeks and one at del amo last Wednesday?
Most dealerships have the pro r premium 4 seater in stock. It's a blue car that does not have e live valve suspension. They do not have e Ultimates in stock.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
What color?
One was the dark blue and the other was the grey lime grey combo one might have been a turbo r? I’m not shopping for one but like to look around and see toys. When I was in Vegas a few weeks ago i was surprised they where already throwing wheel and tire combos on them on the floor. Tires where 37s!! That’s normally a sign things aren’t selling as fast as they expected.

Reactions: DWC

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
A dealer in Tucson had three pro R ultimates a little over a month ago. Not sure if they still have them. MSRP no nonsense.

DMF

Reaction score
One was the dark blue and the other was the grey lime grey combo one might have been a turbo r? I’m not shopping for one but like to look around and see toys. When I was in Vegas a few weeks ago i was surprised they where already throwing wheel and tire combos on them on the floor. Tires where 37s!! That’s normally a sign things aren’t selling as fast as they expected.
A dealer in Tucson had three pro R ultimates a little over a month ago. Not sure if they still have them. MSRP no nonsense.
Thank you. I got mine from Kingman. $1,500 below msrp.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
That’s the big thing people are saying now is “well can’t just go buy one”.

Pretty shortly here you are going to be able to buy one just like a pro r or anything else.. most of the production slots are for dealers. Next season they will be all over the place.

And then after that the haters will find something else to whine about....

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

outboard_256

Reaction score
If one was to believe all this to be true, then yes, that would make sense.

BTW...

WTF is a "master number"?

My buddy has an order around 2500 and has never mentioned anything about a "master number"

Is this opposed to some other type of number? Is one more significant than another?

🤷‍♂️

I think the master number is the order in which the speed cars were sold. But they are not building them in order so some people are guessing there build numbers. They are building only 4-seaters first, and non-carb people. So if you ordered a 2-seater or in a state that requires CARB (like 10+ states) then you go to the back of the line. At some point they are going to add in the 2-seaters and CARB people and change the build order. So other than the first 11 cars no one really know who's cars are coming out next. The next 66 are suppose to be in containers on the way here but he hasn't released the numbers for those yet. We can assume those are all 4-seaater non-carb cars.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Don’t ask me.. lol. I never understood any of it.

My friend is like a lot of people I guess...

The money is nothing to him and he couldn't care less when his car shows up.

Him and his wife thought it looked cool so they put a deposit on one!

He's been in a SxS one or two times goofing around lake Havasu for an hour or two. He's never actually driven one.

Should be interesting! 😁

Ladsm

Reaction score
I watched their test drive videos last night. I am sure the car will hold up well but I think the electronics and check engine light will have gremlins for a little while till they get enough on the road and sort it all out.

Reactions: DWC

JBZ

Reaction score
I watched their test drive videos last night. I am sure the car will hold up well but I think the electronics and check engine light will have gremlins for a little while till they get enough on the road and sort it all out.
The check engine light is on because they have a diagnostic computer connected to the car.
That was also stated in the video

Dirtbag

Reaction score
this thread is like getting your news from mainstream media....disinformation everywhere, mis information everywhere, fanbois and haters everywhere propping up their "propaganda". I think its safe to say that nobody here knows shit about anything to do with these Speed Cars. No1 has any idea how it will stack up against the PRO R4 Ultimate. The good thing is we see some cars coming in. Soon we will be able to have the truth in front of us. I for one hope its an absolute gamechanger just to get the competition going. I hope Robby is successful as hell. Fuckin American Dream what he is doing. Hope all you haters enjoy your misery....

Cant wait to see some actual comparisons from guys like Shock Therapy and the Racing teams. Good Luck to all you guys getting cars soon I hope it was worth the wait. Im still gonna go with the PRO R4 Ultimate. But I hope Speed kicks ass!

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Great to see the cars hitting the shores. Having another option in the SXS arena is great. I’m a couple years out from the purchase of a SXS ( moto guy here) so timing will be perfect for me. I’m not a first model year type, so I’m betting... when I am ready, there will be some AWSOME choices out there.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
The check engine light is on because they have a diagnostic computer connected to the car.
That was also stated in the video

Exactly. They are probably doing data logging, not sure if the included ECU has internal logging, but if it doesn't (most OEM computers don't for cost reasons) Then you would do all your data acquisition externally.

I did hear that Emtron was supplying the ECU's

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Exactly. They are probably doing data logging, not sure if the included ECU has internal logging, but if it doesn't (most OEM computers don't for cost reasons) Then you would do all your data acquisition externally.

I did hear that Emtron was supplying the ECU's
Emtron did do the ECU, they also have a car over there in Australia, but they have been 100% silent on it since they posted receiving it in Australia. I'm curious what they are doing with it.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Emtron did do the ECU, they also have a car over there in Australia, but they have been 100% silent on it since they posted receiving it in Australia. I'm curious what they are doing with it.

I would imagine they developed an application specific firmware for the box. You pretty much need a complete car for this.

Some of the stuff that i would imagine would be beneficial and not included in a normal package would be CVT "gear" calculation that can be applied as a 4th dimensional layer for your load calculations, as the CVT runs the engine in a very narrow RPM but with varying loads from 45 to 95 mph that can be hard to differentiate by manifold pressure alone, yet may require substantial fuel, timing, & wastegate trims.

Also all of the closed loop boost control in relation to the CVT, this would also involve them sending feedback to the manufacturing team about things like wastegate size, position, base spring rates, etc.

Live shifting cuts for the gearbox as i belive you can shift it while driving, so possibly fuel and ignition cuts to unload the box momentarily.

Chassis integration with all of the lights, dashboards, Tire Pressure Monitors, etc, etc, etc.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Here are some pictures a friend sent to me today.

speed.jpg
speed2.jpg

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Thanks! 31 is mine and haven't seen this pic yet. I wish I had a formal pickup date!
My buddy who lives in Havasu must have headed down there, If I would have known, I could have asked him to get a bunch of pictures for you.

I'll be out there next weekend, I was thinking of heading over there, if I make it, I'll snap a bunch of photos for you.

951prerun

Reaction score
My buddy who lives in Havasu must have headed down there, If I would have known, I could have asked him to get a bunch of pictures for you.

I'll be out there next weekend, I was thinking of heading over there, if I make it, I'll snap a bunch of photos for you.
Thanks, that would be appreciated. I have a buddy who flies and he's asked me a couple times if I wanted to head out there and check them out. I don't know for sure that I could just show up and I also wanted to give them some time to get more of my upgrades installed. I might be able to get out there this week or next.

It looks like down the line they are getting window nets on.