WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Good luck!

But I'm kinda confused (as always).

😜

This shows a number of different classes. Did something change? Thanks. 😊

Its like this. There is ONE utv class for the $$ and bragging rights, B3. Inside B3 there are those other classes for if you are racing the BITD or Mad Media races which have made this race their first points race of the year. So you'll get points for those other series based off those classes in B3. But as far as KOH cares there is only one class and the $$$ only goes to the overall positions in B3 from their end. Yes its confusing lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Its like this. There is ONE utv class for the $$ and bragging rights, B3. Inside B3 there are those other classes for if you are racing the BITD or Mad Media races which have made this race their first points race of the year. So you'll get points for those other series based off those classes in B3. But as far as KOH cares there is only one class and the $$$ only goes to the overall positions in B3 from their end. Yes its confusing lol

I Think I get it...

Kinna like the Parker Enduro? You have the overall win (the one that Really counts) and then the individual class wins under that.

Makes sense now. Thanks!

Albacore

Reaction score
RG told me he is bringing 3 Speed SXS to KOH to race the desert race this weekend. These are not production cars, these are race cars built in his shop based off the platform, they are tig welded race cars. Lets see if they show up, I hope at least one of them does!

The desert loop is a 40 mile qualifier, 100 mile main race laps with 2 laps (200 miles total) and ALL utvs race in the same class there is no separate classes for this one, they are ALL In B3 which will race Sunday morning after doing a 40 mile qualifying loop on Saturday.

You can watch ALL of it live with badass coverage on King Of The Hammers youtube channel starting Saturday morning, dont be too rough on my commentary on the show hopefully I dont fuck it up too bad :)
Can you please let me know what side-by-side activity will happen on Saturday that was the day I was planning on going up there.

702sandman

Reaction score
Can you please let me know what side-by-side activity will happen on Saturday that was the day I was planning on going up there.
7 am is tech and contingency for the desert race , 8 am is the prologue for the desert race (40 mile qualifying) , terra crew 1400/1450 rush , and class 11 showdown (landrush Start is pretty cool)

riverroyal

Reaction score
What's a reaction score? Is that like a ERT, email response time

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
You can watch ALL of it live with badass coverage on King Of The Hammers youtube channel starting Saturday morning, dont be too rough on my commentary on the show hopefully I dont fuck it up too bad :)

We will be watching! Are you just commentating the desert portion or are you doing some of the other races too?

jesco

Reaction score
RG told me he is bringing 3 Speed SXS to KOH to race the desert race this weekend. These are not production cars, these are race cars built in his shop based off the platform, they are tig welded race cars. Lets see if they show up, I hope at least one of them does!

The desert loop is a 40 mile qualifier, 100 mile main race laps with 2 laps (200 miles total) and ALL utvs race in the same class there is no separate classes for this one, they are ALL In B3 which will race Sunday morning after doing a 40 mile qualifying loop on Saturday.

I always keep an eye out for the FISH crew. Wherever they are posted up, shits about to get "interesting"..... hahaha. Always appreciate all your coverage and photos. We are racing B3 Stock class and entered in the Triple Crown deal. Did a last minute entry for this, I have never even been to KOH. We weren't going to enter but 2 weeks ago decided to throw our hat in since we are already signed up for The Mint and will be racing the Cal300 so might as well go for the points. Honestly just planning on cruising and getting to the checkered flag... well... sounds like a good plan, hahaha.

Santee_Native

Reaction score
The Gordon's are on the entry list for king of the hammers. Not sure why they put Robby down racing a can am.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-01 103529.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-01 103529.png
    15 KB · Views: 115

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The Gordon's are on the entry list for king of the hammers. Not sure why they put Robby down racing a can am.

I am surprised to see that.. They were pretty clear that they weren't going to be doing any racing until customers cars were in hand. Maybe they figure they are close enough now?

RD

attitude

Reaction score
I am surprised to see that.. They were pretty clear that they weren't going to be doing any racing until customers cars were in hand. Maybe they figure they are close enough now?

RD
Maybe a surprise delivery for a few select customers at KOH planned?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Maybe a surprise delivery for a few select customers at KOH planned?
Probably not without Carb. No CA cars. They probably have all the bugs worked out and production moving forward. Not much else they can do now but wait for containers to arrive with cars. Assembly line up and running.

attitude

Reaction score
Probably not without Carb. No CA cars. They probably have all the bugs worked out and production moving forward. Not much else they can do now but wait for containers to arrive with cars. Assembly line up and running.
I don’t think it would be that hard to do the paperwork in Havasu and have Speed “transport” them to KOH for the new owners

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I don’t think the Vietnam facility is up and running

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Just checking to see if episode 3 has the same madcapped hyginks as the previous episodes.

No suprises.

Reactions: DLC

Albacore

Reaction score

RD
They need to sell more and keep momentum going. Getting them in front of people is the best thing other then getting people in them.

Reactions: DLC

outboard_256

Reaction score
They need to sell more and keep momentum going. Getting them in front of people is the best thing other then getting people in them.

Why not get the 11 cars that are here in havasu delivered? Then some customers can have speed cars at KOH. KOH desert race is this weekend and I got a feeling Robby will have the only speed cars out there. Doesn't feel right when he is posting video's of the customers cars and won't give them out, but will race instead.

DLC

Reaction score
They can get the grill going for my tacos and get the beer set in the fridge at the Hastings House…

Tons of work to do. Hang some TV’s, get the sign spinners at the street curb all set up… I could go on…

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How does Carb know the car didn’t go to the owners house in Havasu and then back to Speed to be transported to KOH? What if it actually did?

What constitutes “delivery”

I don’t think anyone would want to chance it

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Race cars don't have to have CARB approval.

DWC

Reaction score
How does Carb know the car didn’t go to the owners house in Havasu and then back to Speed to be transported to KOH? What if it actually did?

What constitutes “delivery”
Delivery… Testing… 😉
i wanna see it run stock vs stock against everyone on the desert course.

attitude

Reaction score
Delivery… Testing… 😉
i wanna see it run stock vs stock against everyone on the desert course.
If I had one of the first cars and Robby called me up and said “come sign the paper work and take it for a spin to your house and back and you can be the first person to take delivery” I would do it it just to do it. Not sure I would want my personal car used in a comparison at KOH though lol.

Reactions: DWC

schweeng

Reaction score
I have a nice trailer available that will fit a Speed 4 seater
81" by 167 inside measurements.
Let me know if interested.

Chris
661 430 3292
75EED9FD-CF90-481E-BAD7-390EDBF1E535.jpeg

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Just did 65 miles of the KOH course in my Pro R today, it was epic and flawless. Robby told me hes bringing a car to race me this week out here so we will see what shows up.....
Looks like he's on his way.

Make sure someone videos this. Because everyone will want to see it. No matter what side of this you are on.

Albacore

Reaction score
I see they still have arctic cat on the side of the rig I guess it really is a sponsor. I hope they get their multi million dollar check.

baja-chris

Reaction score
I wonder if these Speed cars will be hard to insure?
I just called Nationwide to insure my new Pro R and they won't do it, said that model is too fast. I have all/many policies with them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just called Nationwide to insure my new Pro R and they won't do it, said that model is too fast. I have all/many policies with them.

That’s a new one 😳

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
On that same note you would likely have to have an agreed value since what early number car owners paid vs what they can replace it for with price increases is going to be different.

Albacore

Reaction score
In Az or Ca.? Off road or on in Az?

baja-chris

Reaction score
OK Nationwide called me back a few hours later and said they would insure it for comp and liability consistent with the umbrella but no collision for $550/yr.
I had told them they were forcing me to shop the whole portfolio of policies. Anyway happy outcome.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
OK Nationwide called me back a few hours later and said they would insure it for comp and liability consistent with the umbrella but no collision for $550/yr.
I had told them they were forcing me to shop the whole portfolio of policies. Anyway happy outcome.
Not worried about being compensated if you crash it?