WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tyre Nichols death by Memphis police officers

Dog

Reaction score
I read Tyre was stoned, violently resisted arrested on multiple occasions, tried to take officers weapons at least twice. HOWEVER the officers should have more restraint. I don't think it is murder, my personnel opinion.

4Waters

Reaction score
I read Tyre was stoned, violently resisted arrested on multiple occasions, tried to take officers weapons at least twice. HOWEVER the officers should have more restraint. I don't think it is murder, my personnel opinion.
Didn't look that way in post 100, I will agree that is only a small portion of the beating but it looked like he was complying pretty well.

Dog

Reaction score
Didn't look that way in post 100, I will agree that is only a small portion of the beating but it looked like he was complying pretty well.
I watched video #1, he was taken out of the car, on the ground then got up and ran away. I skimmed through video #2. The longest probably the most brutal of the attack.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Tyre Nichols was not a big guy. Tall, 6’02”, but he only weighed 145 lbs. Hardly of Rodney King’s size. Not clear if Nichols was successfully tased. King was tased twice. Here’s my take on the cops and King. They did choose to take it to another level and then restrained him. But, they were successful. Had he broken free, would the next step have been Stop or I’ll Shoot? King had just been persued at 100 mph, chased off the freeway, finally stopped off the freeway in a neighborhood, apparently in a drug altered state, large in stature, displaying super strength and had just been tased twice. 50,000 volts each. Yet, he continued to resist. Had he next got up and ran off into the neighborhood, then what? Would the neighborhood have been in extreme risk? Did, the later deemed excessive, ‘stick time’ save his life? I know King lived and Nichols did not.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
I watch video #1, he was taken out of the car, on the ground then got up and ran away. I skimmed through video #2. The longest probably the most brutal of the attack.
I can't, it tells me I have to log in

4Waters

Reaction score
No shit, what part of I have to log in didn't you understand

Screenshot_20230127_175724_Chrome.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
I didn't know if you were watching a different link to a news site or something. I didn't have to log into anything on the Vimeo site. Shrugs.
That's from the link that you posted

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
My initial assessment:
Poor tactics, poor communication skills, profound inability trying to gain control of the suspect and the worst attempt of handcuffing I’ve ever seen. No command and control or supervisory oversight to provide clear direction. Use of less lethal options, taser and chemical spray was ineffective, at least on the suspect, the spray chem appeared to work quite well on at least one of the officers. Obvious instances of illegal and excessive force.

Terrible behavior all around by those officers. They deserved to be fired and their arrest seems to be justified. We’ll see how this plays out in court.

I think I saw all or most of the video feed, I expected it to be worse based on early reporting.

No need for riots, justice is being served, cops got fired and are going to jail, the family is going to be filthy rich.
The suspect caused a lot of this, he didn’t deserve to die but he ain’t no angel.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
My initial assessment:
Poor tactics, poor communication skills, profound inability trying to gain control of the suspect and the worst attempt of handcuffing I’ve ever seen. No command and control or supervisory oversight to provide clear direction. Use of less lethal options, taser and chemical spray was ineffective, at least on the suspect, the spray chem appeared to work quite well on at least one of the officers. Obvious instances of illegal and excessive force.

Terrible behavior all around by those officers. They deserved to be fired and their arrest seems to be justified. We’ll see how this plays out in court.

I think I saw all or most of the video feed, I expected it to be worse based on early reporting.

No need for riots, justice is being served, cops got fired and are going to jail, the family is going to be filthy rich.
The suspect caused a lot of this, he didn’t deserve to die but he ain’t no angel.
I was going to reply . . . no need.
@Aces & Eights summed it up prefectly.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I’ve always said…run from the cops and you deserve a beating. Maybe not beat to death but a good beating non the less.

JD D05

Reaction score
What I wonder about not care really is what experiences led up to this. They all have a sum of experiences going back to childhood individually. I get the obvious ones media etc. It could be all kinds of crazy shit, or not crazy at all.

Dalton

Reaction score
Almost seems like maybe he burned them somehow and they’re getting back at him

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You watch the videos? 😳

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

4Waters

Reaction score

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
If you lower your hiring standards to fill vacancies you end up with cops that shouldn't be cops.

When "24-7-365" all you hear is Defund The Police, Police Are The Problem, Eliminate Police Departments, On and On. Then when Police Officers are forced to stand and listen to Threats and Insults, thrown at them inches away from their face, by some "Street Trash", Veteran Officers finally say this Shit is not worth my Life, Sanity, Family, Health, and Quit which forces Police Departments to rush to fill positions and for whatever reason, the public gets what it is, and possibly deserved. The public did not resist the Democrats that were restless in their Police Hate Speech, and then the DA's conducting business with virtually no prosecution and no charges for what is considered petty offenses.

Police have had it and living with "Gutter Trash" every day people finally React. I was raised, was to respect the Police and obey their Commands and in today's society, it is not even close to Respect and Obeying.

The 'Old Street" saying is Talk Shit and Get HIT!! Might be a good thing to live By.🤔

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I do not care what led up for what on those vids. 5 human beings murdered Nichols. There is no defense for those 5 sons a bitches.
Day in day out everyday cops and firemen never know if going make it home,nobody braver 24/7-365 for years every single day. But those guys in Memphis fucked up bad.

Dog

Reaction score
You watch the videos? 😳
I watched the first one, skimmed the second one, I got the gist of it. I haven't watched the last 2 yet. Are they that different? The cops definitely over reacted but he shouldn't have ran in the first video. It is just going to go down hill from there. I don't know if those accusations are from previous encounters either. He doesn't deserve to be dead for sure.

500bbc

Reaction score

Dog

Reaction score
I bet they get manslaughter charges. I don't know if any of them will do any time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I watched the first one, skimmed the second one, I got the gist of it. I haven't watched the last 2 yet. Are they that different? The cops definitely over reacted but he shouldn't have ran in the first video. It is just going to go down hill from there. I don't know if those accusations are from previous encounters either. He doesn't deserve to be dead for sure.

They are literally holding the guy up at one point saying “give me your hands” while one of them is punching him the face.. he’s on the ground and they are holding him down again saying “get on the ground” while one dude kicks him in the face..

They beat the soul out of that kid.. literally

Dalton

Reaction score
They are literally holding the guy up at one point saying “give me your hands” while one of them is punching him the face.. he’s on the ground and they are holding him down again saying “get on the ground” while one dude kicks him in the face..

They beat the soul out of that kid.. literally

Doubt it was just for fun….I’m curious what he did to get pounced on like that

Joker

Reaction score
One can only assume the kid deserved it. These guys aren’t just out looking for someone to beat up.
I’m thinking their lesson went a bit far though. We can be thankful all involved are the percentile.