WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Want To Be a Cattle Rancher?

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Have a dislike for people and love seclusion? This could be the spot for you! Only $16.5m for your own 200,000 acre ranch!

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
God that is out in the middle of fucking nowhere. They are just selling the ranch operation and no land as it’s all leased. Doubt it pencils out. I’d buy it at 1x net earnings at most too much shit can go
wrong.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
with the war on food production, no thanks...........look what is happening with chicken feed, buddy of mine in ark can atest.....switched feed, things changed
Was at the feed store, buying chicken feed. It's doubled in the last year. I asked the manager if they'd changed their mix, as they mill it locally. She said "nope, but that's why the price is up now". I guess a lot of the other big companies have substituted different ingredients or amounts to keep the pricing structure.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Can you raise cattle year round in Alaska? Or do you have to move them in the winter?

Did some reading on this place. Post WWII guy had the idea to raise beef here. Herd has been essentially free range and wild ever since. The natives referred to these islands as the mothers of all storms. Storms are bad, but get worse as they build strength leaving. The fog can be the real pain apparently.. Consider supplies would come from Dutch Harbor by boat or air,,, There are so many questions and wtf thoughts with this place, but you would have beef and seafood,,, 😄

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd be down for it. My older boy would be too. Fishing, hunting and ranching...and no people ever showing up unannounced...pretty nice. If I had the money, buy that place and RD's inlaw's barge, be a pretty sweet setup.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'd be down for it. My older boy would be too. Fishing, hunting and ranching...and no people ever showing up unannounced...pretty nice. If I had the money, buy that place and RD's inlaw's barge, be a pretty sweet setup.

He’s thinking about buying a smaller 35’ landing craf and doing it again

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Example of leased Cattle ranches.. Three 60,000 acre ranches in the same area of Montana. $8M-$66M. Depending on amount leased.