WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

C-2

Reaction score
Mongoloid !!!!!
Hope a few get a rad flash-back . . . keep in mind this song was released in 1977 . . .
Yup, saw them a few weeks back, next to PIL they put on the second best show.

Maybe they were the best.

Johnny Rotten's show had more energy, but Devo played ALL their hits except for Beautiful World.

Not my vid, they did a cool dance step towards the end, looked bitchen from the overhead shots shown on the jumbotrons.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Yup, saw them a few weeks back, next to PIL they put on the second best show.

Maybe they were the best.

Johnny Rotten's show had more energy, but Devo played ALL their hits except for Beautiful World.

Not my vid, they did a cool dance step towards the end, looked bitchen from the overhead shots shown on the jumbotrons.

Wow . . . that's INSANE . . . had no idea they are still jamming !!!
Thanks fo that ! totally made my night ! 🙏

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
variety folks

That's different, they sound great, thanks for posting them up.

Found another of theirs filmed at the North Shore on Kauai, he's singing in front of Hanalei Bay, close to Pine Trees, end of the road beach Ke E and the taro fields in Hanalei are also in the vid. Right on.

C-2

Reaction score
Wow . . . that's INSANE . . . had no idea they are still jamming !!!
Thanks fo that ! totally made my night ! 🙏
They kicked ass, non-stop dancing by everybody, including my 19-year old daughter, she dug them too.

To put them in perspective, my brother saw them in 1980 in Riverside, when fans rioted because they had to reschedule the show. I missed that one.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
They kicked ass, non-stop dancing by everybody, including my 19-year old daughter, she dug them too.

To put them in perspective, my brother saw them in 1980 in Riverside, when fans rioted because they had to reschedule the show. I missed that show.
SUPER cool, and rad to hear you're still carrying the torch.
🙏

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Had to remind the kid about what a real festival looked like....200K+ people, one stage, you either drank beer or whiskey, only homos drank water back then lol. 😃 🤘

Awesome HD vid

Pretty sure you know this one of my go to’s.
Guess I’m stuck now…again. 😁

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
@C-2
Check this . . . same song but performed by them on 'Live Fridays' in 1979 . . . crazy . . .

C-2

Reaction score
Last weekend I picked up my 4th set of Event 20/20 passive monitors for $50. They average $300+ on eBay or anywhere else where somebody knows what they have. Sold new, back in late 90's, for $700/pair. they have rubber surrounds instead of foam, so they should last forever without the surround breaking down like they do on so many old speakers.

Now I have 8 8" monitors in my 8X10 office lol lol. My own concert stack. Still on the hunt for a decent MUSIC subwoofer, most of them out there are for home theater.

event-electronics-20-20-729070.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
Still listening to Stick Fugure. These guys are great, can't wait to play them for my daughter. Maybe I'll even give @mobldj credit for the find. Maybe 😃 🤘

C-2

Reaction score
@C-2
Check this . . . same song but performed by them on 'Live Fridays' in 1979 . . . crazy . . .
They had great bands on that show, Stray Cats before they had a record deal, the Pretenders with all 4 original members, all kinds of gems.

"Whistle test" in the UK also had great performances.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Since Godsmack are from less than hour from where our kid lives I guess I’m gonna like them even more than I do once we move there. 😁

C-2

Reaction score
So variety... what else you guys into?

In 89' wifey and I had just started dating and she saw Phantom of the Opera with Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford. She was going to invite me, but they gave the ticket to somebody else. Andrew Lloyd Weber wrote the show around his (then) wife Brightman, so yeah, there was no better cast. Thanks. :mad: Phantom has grossed over 6 billion dollars and made Lloyd Weber a billionaire, he's still one of the richest musicians ever.

Since that time we've seen Phantom 6 times and have seen every Lloyd Weber show there is except for Evita. Cats is my second favorite. Also seen tons of other theater (boring), but musicals are my favorite. Jersey Boys (Frankie Valli story) is also great. Jesus Christ Superstar is also pretty good, we saw it one time with Sebastian Bach as Jesus.

Anyhow, Sierra Boggess has only been singing Phantom shows for the past 10-years or so, but she really is the epitome of the character, and the best "Christine" ever. I would pay huge money to see her perform in Phantom, she is yummy, and rattles off the e6 note (almost a whistle it's so high) effortlessly.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
So variety... what else you guys into?

In 89' wifey and I had just started dating and she saw Phantom of the Opera with Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford. She was going to invite me, but they gave the ticket to somebody else. Andrew Lloyd Weber wrote the show around his (then) wife Brightman, so yeah, there was no better cast. Thanks. :mad: Phantom has grossed over 6 billion dollars and made Lloyd Weber a billionaire, he's still one of the richest musicians ever.

Since that time we've seen Phantom 6 times and have seen every Lloyd Weber show there is except for Evita. Cats is my second favorite. Also seen tons of other theater (boring), but musicals are my favorite. Jersey Boys (Frankie Valli story) is also great. Jesus Christ Superstar is also pretty good, we saw it one time with Sebastian Bach as Jesus.

Anyhow, Sierra Boggess has only been singing Phantom shows for the past 10-years or so, but she really is the epitome of the character, and the best "Christine" ever. I would pay huge money to see her perform in Phantom, she is yummy, and rattles off the e6 note (almost a whistle it's so high) effortlessly.

Never got into operas or live stage shows. I’m sure we’d like them just haven’t had the opportunity.
Oh, and in 89 our kid was 4, we had been married 2 years and I just started my Caltrans career.
Retiring this year. 58 years old with 34 years service. 😁

C-2

Reaction score
Oldschool country, too. Grew up listening to Jimmy Rodgers, Hank Sr, Elvis, Cash, Willie, Waylon, Dolly, Patsy, Doug Kershaw and Merle.

I don't listen to new country; I just can't get into it. Mainly because I associate music with a lifestyle and the singers today arte just...singers. I mean, how many punk rockers don't live a punk lifestyle? or the Emo/Goth kids and their bands like the Cure, the Damned, Bauhaus etc. Know what I mean?

My pops was the epitome of a country song. Bad luck, drove old busted up pickup trucks, worked his ass off but only made little money, raised farm animals for food, drank Coors, not CL, and died in a drunken, fiery crash on the 40 just outside Ludlow. His favorite pastime was drinking Coors and listening/recording country 8-tracks on his Realistic system. He ventured far enough outside his comfort zone to say Freddie Mercury had a great voice, and told us KISS didn't have any talent and would disappear in a few short years....

I torture my office co-workers by listening to olsdschool country, lol. One of my co-workers, who's younger than me, saw the Hagg twice with his parents. I'm like dayum, props to you, dude.

C-2

Reaction score
Never got into operas or live stage shows. I’m sure we’d like them just haven’t had the opportunity.
Oh, and in 89 our kid was 4, we had been married 2 years and I just started my Caltrans career.
Congrats! I'm 56 and didn't start my state career until age...50! But I'll be fully vested with SS, and I like working, so hopefully I'll make it to age 67 before I call it quits. Post pension reform, though.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
One of those lean on the shovel guys eh.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
A little heavy maybe but I saw them live once.
I was front and center Concord Pavillion.
I have a couple pictures but no idea where they are now.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I’m a HUGE Zakk Wylde fan. As much as he is known for shredding, the dude writes great songs, especially the acoustic stuff. He’s taken some of his heavy songs and done acoustic versions that are just as good if not better.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
A little heavy maybe but I saw them live once.
I was front and center. I have a couple pictures but know idea where now.

🤘🏻. I saw them right after their first album came out. It was Machine Head, Sevendust, Slipknot , and Coal Chamber.

mobldj

Reaction score
may have shared this before,1975 in the army.harmonys are perfect,song is kinda haunting.live version sounds as good or better

TrollerDave

Reaction score
2 reasons these guys are great
not bob marley reggae heavy.hate bob marley
their dog is in all their vid !
Great song. I really liked it. I’m not much of a reggae guy either, but that just had a cool relaxed vibe to it. 👍🏻

C-2

Reaction score
Dang, I never knew PJ Harvey was such a little vixen

C-2

Reaction score
Siouxsie was at least 20-years ahead of her time. Not a lip sync, they sang live on the "Whistle Test" shows. Whistle Test was the UK's version of our "Midnight Special" or Don Kirschner's "Rock Concert."

Anybody else always stay up until midnight, or 1:00 a.m. to watch? It was the first thing I looked for in the "TV Guide."

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Siouxsie was at least 20-years ahead of her time. Not a lip sync, they sang live on the "Whistle Test" shows. Whistle Test was the UK's version of our "Midnight Special" or Don Kirschner's "Rock Concert."

Anybody else always stay up until midnight, or 1:00 a.m. to watch? It was the first thing I looked for in the "TV Guide."

I was just checking out her vids last night!