WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

C-2

Reaction score
I was listening/watching this video of the race they had a couple weeks ago. Watch it, it's a good one...until it wasn't.

Holy crap I never really watched them race like that. FUCKING NUTS!

That was awesome, thanks for sharing

C-2

Reaction score
C who? 😆

A little cheesy but cheese can be good strategically placed. 😉
Bwaaa haaaa haaa. BTW, it wasn't Coldplay, it was The Verve/Richard Ashcroft and Bitter Sweet Symphony...

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Holy crap I never really watched them race like that. FUCKING NUTS!

That was awesome, thanks for sharing
Wow. That was pretty cool, 150-170 in those conditions must be quite the rush.

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
Come on Cloudflare....

Back at the home office due to an outbreak. So let her rip....

Screenshot 2022-07-14 100751.png

C-2

Reaction score
The reason why people should sign up for Tidal, or Spotify...

Screenshot 2022-07-14 110034.png

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yes, Spotify does a better job than Tidal

YT does okay but sometimes a song frpm somebody like Elton John is thrown into the mix, and then it derails you down that path.
I kind of like the random misdirections. Gets me out of my rut. 😆

C-2

Reaction score
I kind of like the random misdirections. Gets me out of my rut. 😆
For a while I thought all you searched was the Corey Taylor YT Channel. 😂 🤙

-------

Here's where the difference lies between the radio, YT, and streaming companies like Spotify, and Tidal

The radio plays a rotation of singles from the artist. Rarely, anymore, do they play other tracks found on the same CD/record.

YT, on their playlist, plays the most popular songs from the artist, kind of similar to the radio, but sometimes YT includes other tracks since other listeners may like the other track and thus other listeners make it "popular" in YT's eyes.

In their playlist created for you, Spotify and Tidal will play random tracks from the artist. I have yet to find rhyme or reason as to how/why they play them.

There are countless records that I have been familiar with, but never I never knew every track on the record, mainly because unless I owned the record, my listening choice was the radio, which only played the singles from that record.

Spotify and Tidal change that. I'll be listening to an artist and a song I never heard from them before pops up, and i'll be like, where did that come from? Duh, it's been on the record the whole time.

I discovered this when my daughter would be listening to obscure Doors and Pink Floyd tracks. I would ask her; How the hell did you find that track?

...duh, a playlist.

So they are great resources for not only discovering new artists, but also for discovering tracks that were always there in the first place!

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
For a while I thought all you searched was the Corey Taylor YT Channel. 😂 🤙

-------

Here's where the difference lies between the radio, YT, and streaming companies like Spotify, and Tidal

The radio plays a rotation of singles from the artist. Rarely, anymore, do they play other tracks found on the same CD/record.

YT, on their playlist, plays the most popular songs from the artist, kind of similar to the radio, but sometimes YT includes other tracks since other listeners may like the other track and thus other listeners make it "popular" in YT's eyes.

In their playlist created for you, Spotify and Tidal will play random tracks from the artist. I have yet to find rhyme or reason as to how/why they play them.

There are countless records that I have been familiar with, but never I never knew every track on the record, mainly because unless I owned the record, my listening choice was the radio, which only played the singles from that record.

Spotify and Tidal change that. I'll be listening to an artist and a song I never heard from them before pops up, and i'll be like, where did that come from? Duh, it's been on the record the whole time.

I discovered this when my daughter would be listening to obscure Doors and Pink Floyd tracks. I would ask her; How the hell did you find that track?

...duh, a playlist.

So they are great resources for not only discovering new artists, but also for discovering tracks that were always there in the first place!
I like Corey Taylor. He’s bad ass. 😁

Anyway the only streaming I do is in the Tesla because it doesn’t get Sirius. I’ve been hooked on Sirius for almost 20 years now. It works for me.
Only time I listen to YouTube is after dinner when I’m on the couch rocking out until bed time. 🤘

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
I like Corey Taylor. He’s bad ass. 😁

Anyway the only streaming I do is in the Tesla because it doesn’t get Sirius. I’ve been hooked on Sirius for almost 20 years now. It works for me.
Only time I listen to YouTube is after dinner when I’m on the couch rocking out until bed time. 🤘
Agreed he pretty bad ass. Right on brutha 🤘

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
This was a crazy deal when Flo and Eddie of the turtles joined up with Frank Zappa and the mothers of invention… The drummer looks like Jim Gordon??? arguably one of the greatest drummers ever… he stayed at our cabin a few times up in Mammoth unfortunately schizophrenia got a hold of him and he murdered his mother…yikes???…

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Zola Taylor. Sings in contralto, rare for women. No one looked better in a gown than Zola.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Turn it up. This one sounds great loud. I don’t have a quality house sound system, usually listen through my Bose headphones. The Tesla is pretty stout. The 06 bimmer had a kick ass sound system.

C-2

Reaction score
Great record.

Grad night at Disneyland 84'

Screenshot 2022-07-15 205239.png