WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

EZ GO L6 vs Club Car Onward 6 Lifted

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Possibly looking at a new Golf Cart, gas versions, does anybody have thoughts between the two brands?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I have an EZ Go, plenty of neighbors have Club cars. The Club car is a little more plush imo. My old EZ go was 20 plus years old when I sold it and still running fine. So I know the durability is there. I look at it like EZGO is made for daily service at a golf course. I don’t have experience with a Club Car to say the same. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Riverbottom

Reaction score
EZ Go has a steel frame and the fertilizer on golf courses rusts out the frames. Club Cars have aluminum frames for better life on damp grass.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
If it’s not headed for the golf course, really not an issue. Club Cars have aluminum frames and rust isn’t really an issue. When I was shopping other carts the steel frames were eaten 1/2 way through due the lawn chemicals.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I can safely say it’ll probably not see a golf course anytime soon, if ever. Will just be for tooling around the hood.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I have an ezgo and love it. Electric 48 volt. Can tune it to run 28. I also have a 98 club car 48v that still runs great! I don’t think you can go wrong with either. I would get lithium if your going new.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I can safely say it’ll probably not see a golf course anytime soon, if ever. Will just be for tooling around the hood.
I’d buy whatever you have local service for… especially if buying new w warranty

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I have the EZGO L6 gas and love it. I also looked at the ClubCar. Both are good cars with their own set of pros & cons and priced close enough that price wasn't a factor in my decision. I went with the EZGO. It seems a few inches wider and I'm not small by any means.

Tank

Reaction score
IMG_6401.jpeg
IMG_6400.jpeg
IMG_6399.jpeg
We have a gas 6 seater EZGO. I actually think the new EZGO’s are nicer than new club cart. We love ours.

Buddy owns a local golf cart dealer and service center. He told me a month or so ago to replace my cart would be roughly 20k now! 😳😳

Have you looked at the Evolution cart line? Lithium batteries. Fully street legal from the factory - belts, glass windshield, LED lights, blinkers, digital screen with backup camera and display, stereo, disc brakes etc. plush as hell! . Things are HELLA COOL. According to my buddy the company is super user friendly, easily accessible for parts but also, they don’t break for the most part. Very reliable. Only draw back is that it’s a Chinese owned company made in America. Upside is they’re in the 12k price range brand new.

Food for thought.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I checked out all the Chinese carts and even though they come with a bunch of features, I just really can’t stand the thought of knowingly sending my money to China.

In fact, I just got a set of Pirelli tires for my truck about two months ago and then after a day or two, i looked them up thinking they were Italian, but then found out they were purchased by the Chinese and were made in China so I returned them and got some Toyo's that say “Made in the USA” on the sidewall.

Tank

Reaction score
I checked out all the Chinese carts and even though they come with a bunch of features, I just really can’t stand the thought of knowingly sending my money to China.

In fact, I just got a set of Pirelli tires for my truck about two months ago and then after a day or two, i looked them up thinking they were Italian, but then found out they were purchased by the Chinese and were made in China so I returned them and got some Toyo's that say “Made in the USA” on the sidewall.

I agree. I hate the thought of buying things made in China or owned by China. However, the statistic is 2 out of 3 things in your home are made in or by Chinese companies. They are fuckin dominating us. 👎

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Possibly looking at a new Golf Cart, gas versions, does anybody have thoughts between the two brands?
How fast do you want to go?

If you want to go at a reasonable speed, it will be tough to do with a gas cart. The negative is, the more you modify it for speed…… the louder it gets.

Today, an electric cart with lithium can easily go 50 to 70 miles on a charge. It can also go like a “bat out of hell”. 40mph is easily attainable.

The negative with electric is that they make bad Parker cruisers because the batteries are constantly sitting for weeks between trips to river.

Either way, good luck on your search. It’s a fun problem to have. If you are willing to spend 30k……. Check out the Club Car Cru. It seats 6.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
How fast do you want to go?

If you want to go at a reasonable speed, it will be tough to do with a gas cart. The negative is, the more you modify it for speed…… the louder it gets.

Today, an electric cart with lithium can easily go 50 to 70 miles on a charge. It can also go like a “bat out of hell”. 40mph is easily attainable.

The negative with electric is that they make bad Parker cruisers because the batteries are constantly sitting for weeks between trips to river.

Either way, good luck on your search. It’s a fun problem to have. If you are willing to spend 30k……. Check out the Club Car Cru. It seats 6.
The guy at premier in havasu told me they’re both regulated to 20MPH or so but I’m sure there are ways around that.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
The guy at premier in havasu told me they’re both regulated to 20MPH or so but I’m sure there are ways around that.
Here in Florida, it’s 25mph. A golf cart dealer is not allowed to sell a cart that goes faster than 25mph.

However, I live in the land of the modified golf cart. There is a guy in my golf cart club whose cart goes almost 60mph. I told him that his next mod should be………. Disc Brakes!

Check out the Facebook group……… Golf Carts Modified

Here is a couple of quick pics from that group……….

IMG_2056.jpeg
IMG_2055.jpeg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Here in Florida, it’s 25mph. A golf cart dealer is not allowed to sell a cart that goes faster than 25mph.

However, I live in the land of the modified golf cart. There is a guy in my golf cart club whose cart goes almost 60mph. I told him that his next mod should be………. Disc Brakes!

Check out the Facebook group……… Golf Carts Modified

Here is a couple of quick pics from that group……….

View attachment 1370817 View attachment 1370818
Is that possible with the stock gas motor or just the EV carts? What’s top speed on a gas cart without a governor?

Warparty36

Reaction score
I have a couple of Club Cars and never had an issue with them. This is the cheapest place in the country that I've seen on carts. They deliver them anywhere in the US for $695.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Is that possible with the stock gas motor or just the EV carts? What’s top speed on a gas cart without a governor?
I am not sure of what a un-governed gas stock carts top speed is. I am guessing around 25.

The mod I see the most on gas carts is those that have removed the stock motor, then purchased a 670cc Predator motor from Harbor Freight. It’s a 30hp motor. It’s louder than stock, but not ridiculous. I am guessing you would be north of 40mph with the 670 Predator.

Predator also makes other, less HP Predator motors. The 420cc motor is the most common swap for golf carts. Mid 30’s with this motor.

The are a ton of predator engine swaps on YouTube. It’s what I would do if I had a gas 6 seater that I wanted more horsepower out of.

NicPaus

Reaction score
27mph if I recall. I have 2 6 seat gas Ezgo carts. Great carts. I think TBudds on here has a silver one for sale. I contemplated buying it and selling my red 1. My truck, can am are silver. Prefer that color.