WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Kick A daughter

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
My daughter (18yo HS Senior) ran the OC Marathon yesterday and I'm so proud of her. She ran 10 min miles the entire way and finished around the 4:30 mark. As you can see in the pics she was smiling from start to finish. She sent many self shot vids to the family and they were hilarious. She's a go getter.
She finished her soccer season and needed another goal to drive her so she picked a marathon and she's been preparing for it ever since. She has been accepted to BYU but will defer for a few years. In September she leaves to serve a mission for our church. She will be teaching others about Jesus in Houston TX for 18 months and has to learn Spanish for the areas she'll be in. So, after graduation this month she'll have a cruisy summer with 3 week long trips to Powell and plenty of pool and beach time then off to her mission in September. She deserves all the best blessings in life. I'm a proud Papa!
IMG_7562.jpg

IMG_7586.jpg

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
That's awesome! I hope you all have a great relaxing summer before she leaves to the MTC. "Sharing the gospel is not a burden, but a joy" - Dallin Oaks

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Awesome job for the whole family. Congrats!!!! Enjoy it will go fast our son is 10 years out of hUighur school this year. 🤯🤯🤯🤯

RichL

Reaction score
Awesome and congratulations to her

sonicss31

Reaction score
Congratulations to her for her accomplishments and goals for the future. :) Hats off to you for being great parents and raising her right.

SpectraPat

Reaction score
Nice job…dad! You’re raising some awesome kids. BTW, my sister lives in Houston and has a couple of awesome daughters. If she needs someone to show her around town, let me know.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Impressive as hell! Not just finishing, but finishing strong.

I'd be finished by mile marker 5...put a fork in me, no way in hell 😂

rightytighty

Reaction score
Congrats! You have much to be proud of!

As your daughter plans, my son mostly just reacts… When son was 20, he and a buddy ran a half Marathon on a whim.

Afterwards, he said two things:

1) F running a full marathon

And

2) Boxer underwear and half marathons = Very Bad!

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You and Mom have raised an amazing young woman. Serving a mission and being accepted to BYU is something to be proud of. Nice job Mom & Dad!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…That is one accomplished, young lady… And for that matter, that’s one accomplished family… When she heads off to college…BYU is an excellent school… friend of mine is the mother of eight sons and I believe all but one graduated from BYU… as have quite a few of her grandchildren…One of my friends sons did his mission in something like Peru …it possibly could’ve been Columbia and he more than learned the Spanish language … Your daughter is obviously a very bright girl and picking up to Spanish language should come fairly quickly to her… The hardest part could be the tenses… Best of luck to her👍

Last edited:

propcheck

Reaction score
Congratulations to her on a good time and awesome achievement👍🏻

DLC

Reaction score
That is Just Awesome!

Congratulations !!

Thank you for raising an outstanding Young adult that sets & meets Goals , has Values & made a plan …..

way to Go mom & dad….

LazyLavey

Reaction score
That's awesome. She deserves the "26.2" sticker

.... My daughter ran it too... not that fast, but she's 2 months pregnant