WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outboard Service Las Vegas

SecondRound

Reaction score
My boss has a toon with OB on it that he says needs carb service performed. We are in Las Vegas...any shop referrals out there?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
My boss has a toon with OB on it that he says needs carb service performed. We are in Las Vegas...any shop referrals out there?

All Seasons Marine, Boulder City. Call and talk to Pat, Mike, or Ted. (702) 293-4499

Top notch guys. :thumbup:

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Kevin @ R&R Prop Shop. 702-564-7502. He's the only guy besides me that works on my outboards.

Oh, and fuck Ted Miller. That guy is an asshole and a liar. Do a search on here for my story and others.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Kevin @ R&R Prop Shop. 702-564-7502. He's the only guy besides me that works on my outboards.

Oh, and fuck Ted Miller. That guy is an asshole and a liar. Do a search on here for my story and others.

I've known those guys for decades, they are as good as they come, and honest as the day is long.... not sure where it went wrong for you....

I'll vouch for them every day of the week and twice on Sunday....

They don't do half ass fix ups, if they feel you need more work done, and you just want a band aid job, they won't do it, it's all or nothing. They've been in the business long enough to know that when you do patch ups, and something else breaks, the customer comes back and tries to blame you....

I searched your post and found nothing.... Kind of fucked up to come on her and just say "Fuck So and So" and not provide any type of back story, and them not being board members or even lurkers for that matter, being able to offer any type of defense.

That's bullshit.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Here's the short story. Ted put an outboard up for sale...and old Mercury Twister race motor that my dad was interested in. I drove down to BC (about 45 mins for me) to look and take pics. Sent the pics off and my dad says "lock it up." We agreed on a price and I asked Ted if he wanted a deposit, as my dad would send a cashiers check from FL. He said no. When I come back with the cashier's check for the amount we agreed on and he said "I looked this up on the internet and I can get more for it, so I'm not going to sell it for that price." We argued for a few minutes, but in the end...his way or the highway.

I will NEVER give him or their shop a good reference. Maybe they treat the locals better or if you've known them for years or something, but they will never get a dime of my money after wasting my time and screwing my dad out of a deal because he thought he could get a couple hundred more after doing some internet searching.

The irony is I've been told they have TONS of OMC V8 stuff. I've sure bought a lot of it over the last 10 years...over 10 complete motors and lots of parts. I probably would have been a good customer had they not fucked me over on the first deal I tried to make.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Here's the short story. Ted put an outboard up for sale...and old Mercury Twister race motor that my dad was interested in. I drove down to BC (about 45 mins for me) to look and take pics. Sent the pics off and my dad says "lock it up." We agreed on a price and I asked Ted if he wanted a deposit, as my dad would send a cashiers check from FL. He said no. 3 days later I come back with the cashier's check for the amount we agreed on and he said "I looked this up on the internet and I can get more for it, so I'm not going to sell it for that price." We argued for a few minutes, but in the end...his way or the highway.

I will NEVER give him or their shop a good reference. Maybe they treat the locals better or if you've known them for years or something, but they will never get a dime of my money after wasting my time and screwing my dad out of a deal because he thought he could get a couple hundred more after doing some internet searching.

The irony is I've been told they have TONS of OMC V8 stuff. I've sure bought a lot of it over the last 10 years...over 10 complete motors and lots of parts. I probably would have been a good customer had they not fucked me over on the first deal I tried to make.

I'm not sure if calling someone an asshole and liar is applicable if they change their mind on a deal before any money has changed hands, when they discovered they were going to give something away for less than it's worth. But hey that's just me, and I'm not judging you on that.

I do appreciate you posting up the details so that no one misconstrues it to be "he's an asshole and liar cause he built me a new motor that burned 10 quarts of oil in 100 miles and blew up" like the other thread going off today :D

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I'm not sure if calling someone an asshole and liar is applicable if they change their mind on a deal before any money has changed hands, when they discovered they were going to give something away for less than it's worth. But hey that's just me, and I'm not judging you on that.

I do appreciate you posting up the details so that no one misconstrues it to be "he's an asshole and liar cause he built me a new motor that burned 10 quarts of oil in 100 miles and blew up" like the other thread going off today :D

When I shake on a deal, I am agreeing to hold up my end of the bargain, whether that means missing the opportunity to make more or get a better deal. To me, that's being a stand up person. He was offered the deposit and refused it, which is probably better, since I didn't have to try to get that back.

I haven't read that thread yet...sounds like it might be a good one though, huh?

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if calling someone an asshole and liar is applicable if they change their mind on a deal before any money has changed hands...

Yeah, it's not like Ted agreed to re-pitch a near new prop and then swapped it for another near new prop of the desired pitch, charging for re-pitching, not for swapping, and the next day telling you the original prop has already been sold. I wonder if Kevin told the guy who got my parents prop the diffuser had been modified. My hunch is no but we'll never know.

Consider this a -1 on Kevin at R&R. I wouldn't pipe in except Keith is pitching Kevin.

Between Kevin and Discount Tire, now I look for Keith's recommendations as people to stay away from.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
That's all good Tom. Everyone has their own experiences. Feel free to share yours, as I have shared mine.

SecondRound

Reaction score
Well this went sideways pretty quick! LOL

Not sure, but I guess I will call both shops and see what feels like the more straight deal.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not like Ted agreed to re-pitch a near new prop and then swapped it for another near new prop of the desired pitch, charging for re-pitching, not for swapping, and the next day telling you the original prop has already been sold. I wonder if Kevin told the guy who got my parents prop the diffuser had been modified. My hunch is no but we'll never know.

Consider this a -1 on Kevin at R&R. I wouldn't pipe in except Keith is pitching Kevin.

Between Kevin and Discount Tire, now I look for Keith's recommendations as people to stay away from.

That's a bummer deal, for the record I've used Kevin for props for quite some time, and he has always done a great job for me.

I guess sometimes shit happens to everyone....

Nobody's perfect, except for me, and probably you too Brown, maybe shintooo also.... ;) :thumbsup :p