WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spaghetti

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
One of the things I make all the time that takes little time but is always a hit is my spaghetti. I made some last night and figured I would post up here about it.

One of the things I do when Im at the River is make the sauce in a crock pot instead of a pot on the stove so we can leave it cook on low all day without having to worry about it. One of the last things you want to do after a long day of doing what we do is cook.

First step is to get sauce, Im not picky as to what sauce as I will be seasoning it later. This time I used Prego sauce from Costco. And dump in large pot.

Pics012.jpg

Nex step is to grab 2-3 beers, I have found that your cheap beers work better as they have a stronger flavor. I will use the first one "rinse" out remaining sauce that was in container so you get all of it. The third beer usually works great to drink while you are making the sauce ;)

Pics013.jpg

I like lots of mushrooms in my sauce so 2-3 cans of mushrooms willl do.

Pics014.jpg

I then dump in 2 small cans of tomatoe paste to thicken the sauce up a bit.

Pics015.jpg

Now comes the good part of the sauce.

First thing to add is meatballs. I have found these at Costco and they are delicious. The are pre-cooked so just dump them in. (I only use half of the package, they come in 2 seperate sealed packages)

Pics017.jpg

Then I use about a pound of Italian sausage, slice it up and then fry it up in pan with olive oil and minced Garlic. **If the sausage is slightly froze it makes it much easier to slice**

Pics018.jpg

Pics019.jpg

Pics020.jpg

Pics022.jpg

Then I add a pound of Either hamburger or Turkey fry it up in the same pan as the sausage and add to the sauce.

Pics023.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
So once all the above ingredients are in the pot, Its time to season the sauce to your liking. I tend to cook with a LOT of Garlic and I also prefer my sauce a little on the spicy side.

Here are the seasonings I used on this particular Batch.
Pics024.jpg

I fed close to 10 people last night and there is still some left over. One of the things I do at the River is bag the left over Sauce and freeze it. That way At a later trip I can throw the frozen sauce on the stove and cook up some noodles for a quick 3am post bar meal :D:thumbsup

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Nice job RB that looks bomb!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Prego???? Serious? :puke: If your gonna go that far to change the taste with your own seasoning just start out with plain canned tomato sauce. It make actually taste better. ;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Prego???? Serious? :puke: If your gonna go that far to change the taste with your own seasoning just start out with plain canned tomato sauce. It make actually taste better. ;)

Hate to say it, but i have to aggre. But with all the stuff he adds to it, you prolly cant even tell its Prego anymore!

Looks yummy..........

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
If ya ever wondered where that word Threadcrapping came from, just look below. :rolleyes: :p

Its Bildo. He's just asking to be crapped on. :D And hey, I'm Italian, if theres one thing I know about, its Dego food. :thumbsup

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Nice. I haven't received an infraction in a while. Hey Forensic, you aren't short by any chance are you? :skull

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

I have tried it every which way, Expensive sauce, tomatoe sauce, etc.. The sauce is just a base, The nice thing about prego/Ragu is that it already contains the sugar to lessen the acidity ;) The nice thing about this is you can change the ingredients to suit your tastes. for example I used to only use Hamburger and pork sausage. I have lightened it up a bit by using turkey and Chicken mainly and wheat Pasta :thumbsup

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I have tried it every which way, Expensive sauce, tomatoe sauce, etc.. The sauce is just a base, The nice thing about prego/Ragu is that it already contains the sugar to lessen the acidity ;) The nice thing about this is you can change the ingredients to suit your tastes. for example I used to only use Hamburger and pork sausage. I have lightened it up a bit by using turkey and Chicken mainly and wheat Pasta :thumbsup

Okie dokie. :thumbsup:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
For a Paisan you've turned into a phucking jerk lately.:thumbsdown

Geeze. I thought the smiley face would give it away that I was joking. :rolleyes::D:D

2 things....

He has always been a jerk and he has a newborn that dosent sleep so he is even dickier than before...lol:D:skull

dish looks good..... For my own taste I would go lighter on the mushrooms and heavier on the green peppers and onions:)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Should have noticed the :D. When he posted up Rhino runs he was alot younger.:thumbsup

Dave has always looked bald and old....

Chances are if you thought he was young and good looking it was me standing next to his wife:D:bang::skull

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Dave has always looed bald and old....

Chances are if you thought he was young and good looking it was me standing next to his wife:D:bang::skull

I have to admit that was pretty funny. As soon as my doc gets my back feeling better remind me that I owe you a jab to the chin. And say hi to your and my son while your at it. :D

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
My suace is pretty much the same. Change is I use bell pepper and onion, no shrooms.

And I rinse out the bottle with wine instead of beer.

CC

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
My suace is pretty much the same. Change is I use bell pepper and onion, no shrooms.

And I rinse out the bottle with wine instead of beer.

CC

I use wine occasionally also.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Should have noticed the :D. When he posted up Rhino runs he was alot younger.:thumbsup

Honestly my bulging discs and pain from them in my back have caused me to be a lot more irritable than my newborn. So pardon me for being a Jerk!!!! LOL!!! :D:D <----(note smiley)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I have to admit that was pretty funny. As soon as my doc gets my back feeling better remind me that I owe you a jab to the chin. And say hi to your and my son while your at it. :D

lol...Child support is due on Friday:swear:D

You need to do that jacuzzi.....Good for the back and the marriage since you won't be able to get away for a real night out for a while. Little wine,margaritas or some beers in the cuzzi and the wife is guaranteed to happily give it up;):cool::D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
lol...Child support is due on Friday:swear:D

You need to do that jacuzzi.....Good for the back and the marriage since you won't be able to get away for a real night out for a while. Little wine,margaritas or some beers in the cuzzi and the wife is guaranteed to happily give it up;):cool::D

Jacuzzi? Unless I get one for free and have someone else set it in my back yard for me its not happening anytime soon. :grumble:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Jacuzzi? Unless I get one for free and have someone else set it in my back yard for me its not happening anytime soon. :grumble:

You canfind them used for cheap....we will motor that thing into your backyard through your garage. Set up a paver area and run some wire....easy as pie:D

trust me it works....;)

rvrmom

Reaction score
:thumbsup Very nice! Mine's almost completely the same minus the shrooms

My only question is you said crockpot? Holy shit, what size? The helluva lot sauce for a crock pot, LOL. I'm thinkin more vat :p

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
You canfind them used for cheap....we will motor that thing into your backyard through your garage. Set up a paver area and run some wire....easy as pie:D

trust me it works....;)

Ok. I'm gonna hold you too that offer. If your lazy ass will ever drive out to the ghetto.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
A good thread got crapped on pretty good,i regret that.It seems Mr.Trickel is upside down in more ways than one.Also a little careless with comprehension and icons.:bang:

Hey, it's what we do best. :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
A good thread got crapped on pretty good,i regret that.It seems Mr.Trickel is upside down in more ways than one.Also a little careless with comprehension and icons.:bang:

Trust me I like spagetti way more than I like Bildo so its all good...lol:D:skull

I don't understand the upside down bit though?

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Ok. I'm gonna hold you too that offer. If your lazy ass will ever drive out to the ghetto.

I always tell you I will help and then you just do it on your own. Your house is no where near the ghetto. The parking sucks but I will drink beer there any time.

I need to get up there and see the kid. Last time jen went I was neck deep in Aligators and greasy projects.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I always tell you I will help and then you just do it on your own. Your house is no where near the ghetto. The parking sucks but I will drink beer there any time.

I need to get up there and see the kid. Last time jen went I was neck deep in Aligators and greasy projects.

Thats weird, Jen told us you were in bed having menstrual cramps. :headscratch::skull:skull

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Thats weird, Jen told us you were in bed having menstrual cramps. :headscratch::skull:skull

I wish I had the easy of an excuse.....

I was probably under 4000lbs of American steel getting angry at the brakes or working on a trailer or rhino getting ready for a trip.

I'm pretty good now.....until the next project (house/truck):bash::blah::rolleyes:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
:thumbsup Very nice! Mine's almost completely the same minus the shrooms

My only question is you said crockpot? Holy shit, what size? The helluva lot sauce for a crock pot, LOL. I'm thinkin more vat :p

We have a large Crock pot at the River I use. At home I just cook it on the stove in a big pot.

Thanks for keeping the thread on track:thumbsup

PVHCA

Reaction score
In the near future I maybe making another appearance at Apache Loop, you missed out on my cooking last trip so I'll give ya a heads up before hand.

Your sauce seems palatable for non Italians, LOL!! No I'm sure it's great. One thing I never do is knock someone else's cooking.

My point is I'm gonna make the crew Chicken Parm the next trip out so be ready!!

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score

Dude busted my ass on a plain deep fried turkey. He is serious about his opinion!

That pre made shit rocks when you at all that meat!

soupersonic

Reaction score
My wife makes sauce in a similar fashion but she adds chunks of stick pepperoni in it :thumbsup