WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

525 efi stock intake and computer with reprogram

port austin pirate

Reaction score
anyone know how many cubic inchs and horsepower you would be able support by reprograming the Merc computer while running the stock efi intake.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
all of them!

In all seriousness though, its a pretty robust intake, depending on how many cubes the only thing you might want to do is install higher flowing injectors and a better fuel pump.

my $0.02

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
My intake and ecu are stock, reprogrammed, and I’m at 838hp with the ProCharger pushing air into her. Bigger injectors and pumps as well.

Reactions: DWC

BamBam

Reaction score
anyone know how many cubic inchs and horsepower you would be able support by reprograming the Merc computer while running the stock efi intake.
N/A or boosted?
The 525 (500) manifold does have cubic inch and RPM limitations due to runner length. I think it's just north of 600HP without a blower or turbos. There was another thread on here about the same ting. I think @Teague_JR replied to that one as well

Teague_JR

Reaction score
N/A or boosted?
The 525 (500) manifold does have cubic inch and RPM limitations due to runner length. I think it's just north of 600HP without a blower or turbos. There was another thread on here about the same ting. I think @Teague_JR replied to that one as well

Correct. When NA the Runners are too long for big horsepower. Regardless of Inches It’s done at about 600-625 HP, which coincidentally seems to happens at about 5400 RPM. Stock 525’s dyno at 540. Torque is really nice though.

One benefit of tuning is raising the rev limiter to 5800. Power doesn’t really fall off just plateaus, so you can prop a pitch shorter to have your cake and eat it too. Game changer in a race boat. Family ride that you want to keep reliable? Prob not worth it