WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Baja 1000

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Who’s attending and who’s following? This year it’s 1300+ miles. It’s going to be a game of attrition and skill.

We’re racing in the #1914 Honda this year. Would be cool to see you guys follow along.

0EA93D2C-C606-42A1-A497-9BC3F88CC81E.jpeg
BAB56F84-5275-4CD6-AFBC-A059192A333F.jpeg

We’re in second place and racing for the championship.

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
There's some noise in my circle discussing a possible trip south. perhaps drive down Monday for kickoff? Only 45 min for me so what do ya think....worth a look?

Reactions: DLC

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score

Dunerking

Reaction score
My neighbor will be racing their Can Am. Good luck to you and the team! Years ago I’d allows follow along with the Weatherman broadcast. Can someone post a link for coverage?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
The race starts in la paz this year
Ah sheeeeet thanks... did some digging and looks like they end in Ensenada on 11/18th so that'd work. I'll see what @rvrrts429 says

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Ah sheeeeet thanks... did some digging and looks like they end in Ensenada on 11/18th so that'd work. I'll see what @rvrrts429 says

You’re correct, Hubba. Race starts in La Paz and ends in Ensenada. Going to be a wild race that has a lot of new “firsts”. It’s a 1300 mile race in a addition to starting in La Paz and going north. Pretty stoked for this years course.

@fishgistics is going to be calling the play-by-play

Englewood

Reaction score
Anyone want to plan a trip for next year? I keep saying I’m gonna go but never make it. I’m doing it next year.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Anyone want to plan a trip for next year? I keep saying I’m gonna go but never make it. I’m doing it next year.

You won’t regret it. It’s a party and a whole race event. It’s the Off-Road Key West Worlds south of the border.

I’ll post pictures as cell service allows. If you’ve never been you would be amazed.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You’re correct, Hubba. Race starts in La Paz and ends in Ensenada. Going to be a wild race that has a lot of new “firsts”. It’s a 1300 mile race in a addition to starting in La Paz and going north. Pretty stoked for this years course.

If you've got any words of wisdom regarding the finish from a fan/ viewer perspective let me know... is Friday better to hang out, drink and watch or Saturday for example.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
If you've got any words of wisdom regarding the finish from a fan/ viewer perspective let me know... is Friday better to hang out, drink and watch or Saturday for example.

Trophy truck will probably be 25-30 hours from start to finish with zero break downs (tires, axles, suspension). Our car will be somewhere around 35-40 hours if I had to guess. That puts the finish for the top dawgs in the 10pm-1am slot. That’ll put us somewhere between midnight and 5am. that’s with zero breakdowns which isn’t realistic.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Trophy truck will probably be 25-30 hours from start to finish with zero break downs (tires, axles, suspension). Our car will be somewhere around 35-40 hours if I had to guess. That puts the finish for the top dawgs in the 10pm-1am slot. That’ll put us somewhere between midnight and 5am. that’s with zero breakdowns which isn’t realistic.

I take that back. If they start TT’s at first light they should start arriving in Ensenada the next morning or early afternoon. That puts our finish in the evening.

I haven’t looked at the upper class start times so I could be mistaken.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Going down early Wednesday. Pre run from 3 poles to Ojos then back to San Felipe. Pre run 1070 to 1165 Thursday.
Pitting for the 2 Wilson 1 cars 138 and 153 at mile 1070 by BFG 8. Putting my buddies into 512 there and then chasing them to Ensenada finish.
Start time is 1 AM Thursday for the bikes and 9 AM for the TTs (La Paz is an hour ahead of CA). From Fishgistics - 1st bike about 25 hours plus and the first TT 23 1/2 hours. Cameron Steele told me he expected the truck to be at mile 1125 north of San Felipe about 5:30 AM Friday.

Good luck and be safe.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Going down early Wednesday. Pre run from 3 poles to Ojos then back to San Felipe. Pre run 1070 to 1165 Thursday.
Pitting for the 2 Wilson 1 cars 138 and 153 at mile 1070 by BFG 8. Putting my buddies into 512 there and then chasing them to Ensenada finish.
Start time is 1 AM Thursday for the bikes and 9 AM for the TTs (La Paz is an hour ahead of CA). From Fishgistics - 1st bike about 25 hours plus and the first TT 23 1/2 hours. Cameron Steele told me he expected the truck to be at mile 1125 north of San Felipe about 5:30 AM Friday.

Good luck and be safe.

Good luck Wayne and be safe. Can’t wait for that first beer leg’n it into Ensenada. Gonna be a wild ride with some good stories.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
My son's Navigates in the Honda TT mile 350 to 780, it will be mostly in the dark. They start pre-run in their section tomorrow and the plan is to do 3 times before Wednesday next week. There will be thousands of course notes all to be read at speed, it takes a special kind of crazy and trust in each other. Imagine in 4-5 days you've put in over 1000 miles on the baja race course studying and planning and making notes to be interpreted at speeds ranging from 15 to 130 only to get in the truck a day later when its all on the line.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My son's Navigates in the Honda TT mile 350 to 780, it will be mostly in the dark. They start pre-run in their section tomorrow and the plan is to do 3 times before Wednesday next week. There will be thousands of course notes all to be read at speed, it takes a special kind of crazy and trust in each other. Imagine in 4-5 days you've put in over 1000 miles on the baja race course studying and planning and making notes to be interpreted at speeds ranging from 15 to 130 only to get in the truck a day later when its all on the line.

It’s an insane amount of work and trust between driver & co-driver. My driver and I grew up together since kids and our cadence and trust is second to none.

I’ve spent the past two weeks looking at countless YouTube videos, text videos from friends, google maps, SCORE maps, etc…

My driver and I both know our portion of the course pretty well so we’re pre-running Sunday and Monday and then driving to contingency in La Paz on Tuesday

It sounds like your son and I have the same section(s). We’ll hop in the car around Lareto and jump out in San Ignacio. Similar race mile markers as your son. We’ll jump back in somewhere around 200 miles south of San Felipe and hand the car off to the team owner around San Felipe for him to hopefully cross the finish line mechanically sound.

I’ll be delirious from adrenaline and lack of sleep by the time we get to Ensenada.

It’s truly eye opening @fishgistics pod cast opens with…

"look at the guy next to you. Look at the guy behind you. There is somebody on this call that won't be coming home 😳"

Cheers to a safe race to all those participating in a driver/co-driver role or the crucial supporting members that are so critical to the vehicles success. This is the gnarliest race in North America, maybe anywhere, and should be one for the record books this year.

FD7D3FDD-05A9-4339-8853-2FDC34919AB5.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Ok I see the situation better now.... I'll research online and see when is best time to get to Ensenada for some after race partying and mingling in town. have a great race @rivrrts429

beerrun

Reaction score

Congratulations to your son. My son used to be the navigator for Josh Daniel's and one race for Travis Pastrana in TT

RaceTec

Reaction score
Good luck to everyone involved, especially good luck to all of our RDP peeps headed down! I wish I could do it again, last time was 2006 with Desert Assassins and Yokohama! One of the best motorsports experiences ever, 36 hours of no sleep was hard back then, I can't imagine now!!!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

DLC

Reaction score
We did it way back when ….. like before gps navigation !

We used up down arrows on a stake… that SCORE set up

navigation sure has helped

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

I'm looking into a spot I can watch some jumping under power on the course nearest to Ensenada finish. Need to get close without run over like some of my locals.