WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Havasu podiatrist??

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I went to Dr. O'Brien for plantar fascitis. I was glad to hear he did not just jump to surgery. He has some kind of laser therapy for it. I felt he was not really proactive with my issue though. He took X-rays right away, but I never heard anything about them. He gave me some steroids and said if this doesn't work come back. The issue completely went away while on the steroids, but it returned almost immediately. I feel like it's gradually getting better. Very gradually. So I don't know if he really helped or not. It really stinks having to stay off of it. I really miss hiking, but I don't want to push it. I also don't like to take anti-inflammatories except for turmeric, but have been doing so a lot since July, when the issue began. I think I will try to go back to Dr. O'Brien before we leave and try the laser therapy. He seems capable, just not real aggressive, which may be a good thing.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have seen Dr. Killian a couple times and really liked him. One it took care of other can't be fixed.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I went to Dr. O'Brien for plantar fascitis. I was glad to hear he did not just jump to surgery. He has some kind of laser therapy for it. I felt he was not really proactive with my issue though. He took X-rays right away, but I never heard anything about them. He gave me some steroids and said if this doesn't work come back. The issue completely went away while on the steroids, but it returned almost immediately. I feel like it's gradually getting better. Very gradually. So I don't know if he really helped or not. It really stinks having to stay off of it. I really miss hiking, but I don't want to push it. I also don't like to take anti-inflammatories except for turmeric, but have been doing so a lot since July, when the issue began. I think I will try to go back to Dr. O'Brien before we leave and try the laser therapy. He seems capable, just not real aggressive, which may be a good thing.
I just made an appointment with him. I may be suffering from the same thing as you. I was hoping that a steroid injection might help, I’ve had good luck with that kind of treatment for other issues. This getting old thing is not for sissies.

BabyRay

Reaction score
I had plantar fasciitis really bad in both feet, and had custom shoe inserts fitted by a podiatrist, which helped. However, I bought this, and it was just as helpful at a much lower cost. It’s been years, and I have them in all of my shoes and boots now. It still bothers me from time to time, but not nearly as badly. One thing I never do is walk barefoot. That’s the worst.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I had plantar fasciitis really bad in both feet, and had custom shoe inserts fitted by a podiatrist, which helped. However, I bought this, and it was just as helpful at a much lower cost. It’s been years, and I have them in all of my shoes and boots now. It still bothers me from time to time, but not nearly as badly. One thing I never do is walk barefoot. That’s the worst.

I’ve got the Dr. Shools custom fit orthopedics which help a bunch but I think it’s time to step up the game and see if a real doctor can help.