WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pismo Beach and tent camping???

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Beach cruise at Pismo last weekend... Plenty of folks camping in all sorts of rvs and a whole bunch in those vehicle top tents....

It was nutz to buttz....

And ISIS was there....

(don't say it...I know .. straight to hell I go)

fullsizeoutput_17ae.jpeg

IMG_2692.jpg

Justsomeguy

Reaction score

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was going to put my flag up just for you. As I searched for what rdp had to say about pismo. I'll say this. I would have been the ONLY Portuguese flag out there this week. But far from the only red and green flag.

But I got lazy putting it up just to annoy you. So I left my big ass American flag up.

View attachment 1295530
View attachment 1295531

I always did love Pismo. Going with my uncle every year for the Portuguese festival of st. Anthony. You still can find the beach lined with those flags the second weekend of August every year. Since I bought a trailer a week ago. I'll be there this coming year for the first time in a long time.

For the record we've had a house in rancho mirage my whole life too. So Palm Springs is Palm Springs to me. Pismo is Pismo to me.

Thanks for the history lesson. I had absolutely no idea. Pretty cool. 👍🏼

I would guess mid week this time of year would be wide open. It just sucks there is so little left to dune now.

😔

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the history lesson. I had absolutely no idea. Pretty cool. 👍🏼

I would guess mid week this time of year would be wide open. It just sucks there is so little left to dune now.

😔
It's smaller to be sure. But it was still fun. As j understand it. The order included the reopening of some of it. I'll look further into that. My understanding is, State parks is dragging their feet on that part of it.

Guess what was the only dangerous item my kids found on the beach all week? A broken metal spike from those ridiculous fences. I want to know, who plans to build there. That's who's pushing this.

Dunerking

Reaction score
It's smaller to be sure. But it was still fun. As j understand it. The order included the reopening of some of it. I'll look further into that. My understanding is, State parks is dragging their feet on that part of it.

Guess what was the only dangerous item my kids found on the beach all week? A broken metal spike from those ridiculous fences. I want to know, who plans to build there. That's who's pushing this.
Those people have been working on those plans for decades…always trying a new angle. My dad has lived in Nipomo for the last 24 years and no shortage of people fabricating new laws/policies to close it down. I hope it never happens for the future diners!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
beach cruise.... mrs was digging it but as soon as I headed for the soft sand she freaked..... She actually liked it so much we went twice.... That was the extent of her excitement. if you know what I mean
I almost went 6 months ago for the Manx reunion but storms killed that. Vince is going in a couple weeks on his way to Morro

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Those people have been working on those plans for decades…always trying a new angle. My dad has lived in Nipomo for the last 24 years and no shortage of people fabricating new laws/policies to close it down. I hope it never happens for the future diners!

This ^^^

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
The Dunes were closed during the Covid pandemic. Nipomo had air quality meters set up around the area. Interestingly, the readings during the closure were higher.

Dunerking

Reaction score
The Dunes were closed during the Covid pandemic. Nipomo had air quality meters set up around the area. Interestingly, the readings during the closure were higher.
Crazy right,who would have thought that campers were stopping a fair amount of “dust” from polluting the playa people. Yes my dad was keeping me up to date on that. I remember one time the family and I were camping there during the week and kept seeing tractors towing trailer full of hay bails..had to ask what they were doing and he said building a hay bail wall to stop the dust. The shit these tree buffers dream up are insane! At least someone was making money.

Radioactive

Reaction score
Don't do it!, I did it once in a RTT, you will never ever ever ever ever ever ever get rid of the sand, it will be everywhere..

FYI, there was a lot of flags flying, none were the stars and strips.

one and done for me