WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Punk rock Woodstock

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
The old school punks in here will jaw drop at this lineup.

76758.jpeg

C-2

Reaction score
Shhhhhhhh!😁 Too many bands for one day, but can't wait!

Reactions: BTR

C-2

Reaction score
Original Misfits for the win.

I heard Jacob Nowell is playing with Sublime now, so that's another good one.

Still trying to digest Jello spinning...what?

They must have at least 5 stages planned...

Last edited:

endobear

Reaction score
Seen all but a handful of those bands in my teens and twenties. Loved me some punk shows and pits. One of my best friends kid is named Danzig. He still goes to shows.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I was never that much into devil-punk-metal or whatever this genre is. But now I'm pretty much being forced into being a "fan". My granddaughter is marrying into a punk family this summer. She's jumping the pitchfork with Mike Dunn, son of bassist Trevor Dunn. Mike also plays guitar, backing up his dad. Besides dozens of back-up credits, Trevor's bands include:

Mr. Bungle
Fantomas
The Melvins
Moonchild
Tomahawk
King Buzzo (*Going on tour Aug-Sep 2024)
Rob Price Quartet
Dunn
& many more...........

h73UURngtsKWAtoSvdYoq9-1200-80-1161059214.jpg

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
Why am I not surprised you’re all over this? 😁
Http404 too! We are going to Agent Orange on Friday, followed by Cruel World...and now this show! You should fly out👍

old rigger

Reaction score
Where the hell is X!

Seen Social D a few times. I worked with his uncle and one of the Hootenanny's they played Ness took us back stage, an outdoor show, and we got to hang with Jerry Lee Lewis for a bit. That was pretty cool. Damn, had to be'95-6? Long time ago. Blasters, my favorite band, were there, Supersuckers, SCOTs, Paladins.

Last edited:

endobear

Reaction score
20231231_212217.jpg

Was just going through some pics for my god daughter . Her dad recently passed. This was 93 ish. I still have the Crow Mags tshirt somewhere ♥️

Last edited:

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Where the hell is X!

Seen Social D a few times. I worked with his uncle and one of the Hootenanny's they played Ness took us back stage, an outdoor show, and we got to hang with Jerry Lee Lewis for a bit. That was pretty cool. Damn, had to be'95-6? Long time ago. Blasters, my favorite band, were there, Supersuckers, SCOTs, Paladins.
I was at that one and many of the Hootenannys after…. Good times.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
That's a lot of old people playing punk... 🍻

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Hahaha, maybe some grand parents will take their grand kids to show them how to really get down in a mosh pit, not stand in the corner like an emo kid with daddy issues!

Cdog

Reaction score
There's some newer bands in there. Fidlar & The Bronx. Well 2000's anyway. Fidlar is a strange addition though.

Really wanting to go to the Circle Jerks show here in Phoenix but I'm supposed to be racing that weekend at Buttonwillow.

One of my favorite songs.

Reactions: C-2

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
My wife and I purchased tickets to see Social D in SoFlo, this April. We have seen them before. My first Social D experience was in high school, when they played a gig with Fear, Black Flag, and Agent Orange. Boy I feel old!

old rigger

Reaction score
I was at that one and many of the Hootenannys after…. Good times.

We went to one more too. Must have been '99 or'00? Dad died in '99 and I remember we drove his Model A pickup to that, for us, last one.

Getting a kick out of the comments about some of our ages, can you imagine a geriatric pit! Be a good scene in a comedy film.

C-2

Reaction score
Punk concerts are fun, totally different vibe than a rock concert, or a country concert. No drunken fights - if you get knocked down, there's always a smiling face with an extended helping hand to pull you up.

Does anybody have Misfits vinyl from back in the day?

Reactions: BTR

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Is it $10 cover like the old days?

I still have my jacket with all the patches and a cut up SLAYER shirt on the back. Hopefully it still fits lol.
lol'd at 10$. Slayer was the shit back then. they still a band??

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
I was never that much into devil-punk-metal or whatever this genre is. But now I'm pretty much being forced into being a "fan". My granddaughter is marrying into a punk family this summer. She's jumping the pitchfork with Mike Dunn, son of bassist Trevor Dunn. Mike also plays guitar, backing up his dad. Besides dozens of back-up credits, Trevor's bands include:

Mr. Bungle
Fantomas
The Melvins
Moonchild
Tomahawk
King Buzzo (*Going on tour Aug-Sep 2024)
Rob Price Quartet
Dunn
& many more...........

View attachment 1337983

bonus points if you who that is behind and between the amps

rivergames

Reaction score
Unless something comes up, there is a Good Chance I will be at this show

badgas

Reaction score
Where the hell is X!

Agree "X" was always a great show.

Looking at this list and trying to count how many of them I've seen. Social Distortion, sublime, the damned, the vandals, the exploited, fear ,fishbone, the selector, the untouchables the skeletones. Never saw the original misfits but I did see Danzig.

Chevy5150

Reaction score
I will be there!!

I just took my son to see Pennywise and Drop Kick Murphy's last week.

C-2

Reaction score
Agree "X" was always a great show.

Looking at this list and trying to count how many of them I've seen. Social Distortion, sublime, the damned, the vandals, the exploited, fear ,fishbone, the selector, the untouchables the skeletones. Never saw the original misfits but I did see Danzig.
X still plays, we saw them at the OC Fair (along with Save Ferris) and they did a great job, Exene still rocks it. Strangely, and years ago, also saw Social D, Neil Young, and Blind Melon at the Pacific.

But similar list to yours, Iggy, Bad Religion, Vandals, Social D, The Damned, Fishbone, Adolescents and Agent Orange (this Friday)

Jacob Nowell just started playing with Sublime in December 2023, using his dads guitar and amp

Most people associate L7 with their top 40 hit, but they also perform hardcore songs, too:

old rigger

Reaction score
X still plays, we saw them at the OC Fair (along with Save Ferris) and they did a great job, Exene still rocks it. Strangely, and years ago, also saw Social D, Neil Young, and Blind Melon at the Pacific.

But similar list to yours, Iggy, Bad Religion, Vandals, Social D, The Damned, Fishbone, Adolescents and Agent Orange (this Friday)

Jacob Nowell just started playing with Sublime in December 2023, using his dads guitar and amp

Most people associate L7 with their top 40 hit, but they also perform hardcore songs, too:

Last time we saw X was also at the OC fairgrounds. They played with the Blasters and Los Lobos, maybe 3 years ago now.

C-2

Reaction score
Last time we saw X was also at the OC fairgrounds. They played with the Blasters and Los Lobos, maybe 3 years ago now.
Oh man, saw the Blasters open for Van Halen at Long Beach...had to be 1980/81...I was a freshman

JBZ

Reaction score
Is it $10 cover like the old days?

I still have my jacket with all the patches and a cut up SLAYER shirt on the back. Hopefully it still fits lol.
Far from $10
You need to be rich to be a Punk
Go be Poor somewhere else :p

GENERAL ADMISSION
Row GA1
1 - 4 tickets
$379ea.

GENERAL ADMISSION
Row GA1
2 - 4 tickets
$401ea.

GENERAL ADMISSION
Row GA
1 - 10 tickets
$470ea.

VIP
Row GA
1 - 4 tickets
$660ea.

VIP
Row GA
2 - 4 tickets
$689ea.

VIP GENERAL ADMISSION
Row VIP
1 - 4 tickets
$734ea.

VIP
Row GA
1 - 10 tickets
$845ea.

GA-NO VALUES
Row GA
1 - 4 tickets
$377ea.

GA-SOME VALUES
Row GA
1 - 4 tickets
$439

C-2

Reaction score
The text I got was General Admission $199, GA + parking $229, same payment plan deal as Cruel World, $50 down, 2 equal payments for the rest, I think you can only finance $1000

With fees, a $229 ticket is about $250

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Saw circle jerks up in Spokane during the summer. Singer was being a dick to the band. Then tried to pull some liberal bullshit rant during the show. Gotta huge boo from crowd and shut up.

old rigger

Reaction score
Oh man, saw the Blasters open for Van Halen at Long Beach...had to be 1980/81...I was a freshman
My friend back in the day was really into vans, I guess almost everyone was.
Went with him to a van rally in Pasadena and the band playing in the parking lot was Van Halen before they widely were known.

JBZ

Reaction score
The text I got was General Admission $199, GA + parking $229, same payment plan deal as Cruel World, $50 down, 2 equal payments for the rest, I think you can only finance $1000

With fees, a $229 ticket is about $250
I got those prices from this website

I checked a few more sellers and the prices are the same.

You seem to have gotten the deal