WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sidekick build with no skills

SloppyJoe

Reaction score
I bought this little guy to keep me in the dirt after selling my 4 seater RZR 1000. I don't know why it took me so long to grab one considering I've wanted one since I was a kid. With all the issues I've had with my tow vehicle (99' suburban) it even took over launch duties all summer and some periods as my daily driver.

I have little to no skills as a mechanic or fabricator but am fairly handy and creative. The clutch and flywheel replacement is all I've had to have done professionally. I know my work isn't expert quality but it gets err done and has been a great learning experience!

To date:
Plugs, plug wires, wheels and tires, 2" spacer lift with crown vic shocks, RZR seat swap, jeep tube bumpers swap, steering wheel swap, dash pulled, trimmed and painted, carpet kit removed, new interior door panels made with plastic sheeting and painted, intake with breather filter, muffler delete, crap wiring removed, fenders hammered for clearance, new tail lights, stage 3 clutch and flywheel

To do:
Interior and exterior paint, new headlight assembly, LED light bar and pods, removable glass sunroof cover, 5 point harnesses, front locking hubs replacement, alternator upgrade, gauge cluster upgrade

SloppyJoe

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210102-004433.png
IMG_20201225_163926918_HDR.jpg
Screenshot_20210102-004433.png
IMG_20201023_223750240.jpg
IMG_20201225_163926918_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201128_140830807.jpg
IMG_20200610_143544240.jpg
IMG_20201212_195707060.jpg
IMG_20201226_043759046.jpg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Interesting build. Why did you pull the dash panel off?

SloppyJoe

Reaction score
Interesting build. Why did you pull the dash panel off?
Repainted it and trimmed out the stereo slot and cig lighter. I'll be doing a bluetooth amp with no head unit. Also wanted to clean up the decades of dirt and what not that would blow into my eyes every time I ran the heater.

SloppyJoe

Reaction score
Good question and why did you sell the razor ???
I needed the money to remodel my pool. I'm doing a subfloor to roof remodel on my house but couldn't bring myself to attempt replastering and tiling the pool. I've been doing virtually all of the other work myself. Remodeled my kitchen, laundry room and guest bathroom for almost half the cost of the pool! Pool came out primo though. 👌

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I needed the money to remodel my pool. I'm doing a subfloor to roof remodel on my house but couldn't bring myself to attempt replastering and tiling the pool. I've been doing virtually all of the other work myself. Remodeled my kitchen, laundry room and guest bathroom for almost half the cost of the pool! Pool came out primo though. 👌
Lol... you and I think a lot a like. Only suggestion would be don't stop. I've just recently restarted my simple project after sitting collecting dust for the last 5 or 6 years. I try and do at least one thing everyday (no matter how small). Yesterday was re attaching the draglink which took my 12 year old and sledge hammer to assist. 😂 One major difference is I speak very little spanish, so mine just came out pretty fucking bad ass!!!! IMHO...lol

SloppyJoe

Reaction score
Lol... you and I think a lot a like. Only suggestion would be don't stop. I've just recently restarted my simple project after sitting collecting dust for the last 5 or 6 years. I try and do at least one thing everyday (no matter how small). Yesterday was re attaching the draglink which took my 12 year old and sledge hammer to assist. 😂 One major difference is I speak very little spanish, so mine just came out pretty fucking bad ass!!!! IMHO...lol
The only problem is I have 50 projects and they all need done yesterday! 😅

Today it's adding in a sub and amp in the GF's 2020 explorer. Finding any solid information is a pain but already have the door speakers done and power wire ran.

Jacuzzi is being dropped off any minute and I have 40 sheets of drywall coming today for my garage build out. Boat, rv, Harley and a few trucks parked on the "lawn"...looks like redneck heaven right now! 😂

Reactions: t&y

wishiknew

Reaction score
The only problem is I have 50 projects and they all need done yesterday! 😅

Today it's adding in a sub and amp in the GF's 2020 explorer. Finding any solid information is a pain but already have the door speakers done and power wire ran.

Jacuzzi is being dropped off any minute and I have 40 sheets of drywall coming today for my garage build out. Boat, rv, Harley and a few trucks parked on the "lawn"...looks like redneck heaven right now! 😂
Oh to be young again 40 sheets of drywall would kill me now