WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tell Us About Your User Name…

Bugginout

Reaction score
My daughters nickname is Bug. I built a south wind tunnel dragster she was supposed to drive but ended being scared of it. The Southwind was named Bugginout.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Remember those old wood letters that you could hang together to spell your name and then hang in your room?

My dad would always reverse them!! He’s was a bastard and I…….the apple of his eye. 😝

I miss that SOB. 😆

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
2023-10-2417.20.482922417128579809579.jpg

samsah33

Reaction score
S, A, M, S, And H are first name initials of me + wife & 2 kids, and "H" is for Holly, the flying pup in my avatar. 33 is a strangely recurring number in my life, it's the house number of my LHC house, it was my reserved parking spot, I like Rolling Rock and it's the mystery number on the bottle, bunch of other weird stuff that just keeps coming up 33...

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Um, was too lame to put my normal user name "Will Race for Beer". Maybe someone here knows how to change it.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Boat name from back in the Hotboat days. Angie and I got drunk one night and thought it would be cute if she used "My Man's Sportin' Wood" as a screen name; I think she changed her name because I got old. :)

I miss those old Hotboat days. Damn, did we have some fun back then.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Typically go with Toolman. It was taken my back up is T00LMAN but Toolman was active so I didn’t want any drama so I figured HNL2LHC would work.

HNL2LHC = Honolulu 2 Lake Havasu City. Since we spend our time between the two places. 👍

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
It’s what people call me. 🤷‍♂️

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
The family's first boat was a 1971 Horizon. Grape Kool-aid purple with enough metal flake to make a bass fisherman blush. It came named Plum Loco and with the stuff we did, it fits. At least a dozen friends learned how to ski behind that boat. 350 SBC with a Z/28 crossram and later a 400 SBC. Damn good times running anywhere from Aha Quin to way above Lost Lake.

fastenuff3

Reaction score
The first Fastenuff was a 73 Wesco flat.Everybody always asked how fast is it. Fastenuff2 was a 83 Canyon flat that i ran in Pro Gas Flat. Fastenuff3 is a 2008 Hallett 290s with a stage 4 600sci.

Attachments

• 0423202107.jpg
    0423202107.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 0423202112.jpg
    0423202112.jpg
    972.9 KB · Views: 44

Nordie

Reaction score
I had an old 80s Nordic, so I started out with boat year Nordic type of deal. People started calling me Nordie and the name stuck. I have some pretty good friends that still don't know my real name.

Elgato

Reaction score
Mine is from a very close friendship. We call him old man , he was a roofer among a lot of other things. Guy fell off more houses than i can count but always landed on his feet. Therefore Elgato the cat lol also became our race team name down the road.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I seen the name years ago on a forum and thought it was funny. There's an avatar that goes with it. General Lee isn't it. It comes off as spam but I can assure you I'm not spam. My request to become a member here got denied and got a long ass explanation on how I'm being denied and they know I'm spam and this and that. I responded with, the engine in my jet boat blew up and I'm looking for suggestions on what to do. 5 minutes later my membership was approved. I also fell for the PM 460 for something.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I definitely remember Thee Midniters. Good group. For many of us the stuff coming out of East LA in that era was preferable to the predominant British groups.
… Oh so true on the East LA stuff… when we would be parked with our girlfriends up in the foothills of Shadow Hills… The youthfull lovemaking was quite often done to the music of Thee Midnighters… early on I had a 33 RPM record player in my 57 Ranchero… a bit later four track tapes played on our Muntz tape players… I’m not too sure when those first came out???… but I do remember going through a series of 56 Chevys???… And it didn’t take a whole lot of time before that tape player would run your cheap ass 12 V battery dead🤷🏽‍♀️… so you had to be quite calculating…
… Just sent a text to my first 56 Chevy girlfriend… She has been my really good friend since 1964… I can’t remember what she called me in 1964, but now she just calls me Willy???…
… Wrong thread for stories of teenage love… but whatever???…

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Bought the boat with the name. Figure I always say Make Good Choices and I didn’t want the bad luck from a change so the boat name could stay.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Oh no Sweet Cheeks! You did that all on your own!! I never once referenced you in that post, nor have I ever thought of you to be one of "Them." You're a stand-up guy and I'm sure far more considerate than the goofballs I was referencing. 👍😉
Steve just added the Tire as a middle name to what I have been calling him for decades.

I think this will help explain my name too.:D

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Most all of my toys I name with an ie/y suffix. Breaky, Haletti, Boxy, Rapty, Mini, Dodgie and a few others. (Breaky was one of the boats and a fitting name.) Added the suffix to my last name. Smitty was taken here so I put Happy in front of it.

Last edited: