WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Worst Liquor or Drink You've Had

dread Pirate

Reaction score
With Christmas coming up I'm reminded that I owe my daughter for when she sent out a bottle of Malort. I have been unable to come up with anything as nasty as this to return the favor, so am turning towards the braintrust here.... ;)

Is there anything as bad as this?

IMG_6412.jpg

Bails

Reaction score
Unicum, it's the national drink of Hungary.

While Unicum is believed by many to have medicinal properties, evidenced by the medical style cross as its logo, and its qualities as a digestif, it is in fact most commonly drunk as a shot in a liqueur glass at social gatherings, with a meal or on a night out. The mixture of herbs lends a bitter quality, and the drink is certainly an acquired taste. But be warned, once you get used to it, it can become pretty addictive!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Absinthe.
I believe this is what I had in Venice Italy this past May. It was a bit of work to drink it. I bought a few little bottles to try the different flavors. The orange and green were the one that were really bad. I was not able to read the label so who knows maybe that was paint stripper LOL

IMG_9800.jpeg

PRIMO

Reaction score
MAD DOG 20/20......😎

ps Boones Farm Strawberry Hill & Mickey's Bigmouth come close (any way you look at it you are BLOWING CHUNKS)

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

Jägermeister

Not me. That’s the first thing I order when my ass hits the chair at a video poker bar. That and a Bud. To unwind from the drive and jumpstart the relaxation.
I always go to Sunset Station but in the rare occasion I go to the Excalibur there is a bartender from some island I can’t remember name who works at the Lobby Bar named Jon. I don’t care if it’s been 5 years since I’ve been there he remembers my order. We got t know each other about 15 years ago when we were showing around my friend from Canada and my old lady hit 2 royals in 1 morning. 1 at the strat and then at the Excalibur

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
With Christmas coming up I'm reminded that I owe my daughter for when she sent out a bottle of Malort. I have been unable to come up with anything as nasty as this to return the favor, so am turning towards the braintrust here.... ;)

Is there anything as bad as this?

View attachment 1302605

I've heard of this stuff but never tried it. Apparently from what i understand is it's a chicago thing, but even people in chicago don't like it, they mainly buy it as a gag for out of towners because it's so nasty.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I've heard of this stuff but never tried it. Apparently from what i understand is it's a chicago thing, but even people in chicago don't like it, they mainly buy it as a gag for out of towners because it's so nasty.

Yep. Guess they have events based around it. My daughter was living in Chicago when she sent this.

I can't imagine anyone drinking enough to get drunk. Or even considering another shot,,

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
This stuff is from Estonia. The bottom 2” of the bottle is crystallized sugar.
IMG_9330.jpeg
IMG_9331.jpeg

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I believe this is what I had in Venice Italy this past May. It was a bit of work to drink it. I bought a few little bottles to try the different flavors. The orange and green were the one that were really bad. I was not able to read the label so who knows maybe that was paint stripper LOL

View attachment 1302618
Nothing wrong with Lemoncello at all. Good stuff.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
It's wormwood liquor. I know people that actually drink the stuff. 🤢

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Absinthe is delicious, if you like black licorice or anise. I have knocked down quite a few when we go to New Orleans.A good waitress will make an exotic event burning down a sugar cube to warm and sweeten it.
But . . . normally I never dream. Not even once a year. Absinthe will give me the craziest, frequently terrifying dreams ever. Don't think I will ride that horse again.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Ratzeputz - A liqueur drank in Germany and northern Italy. Absolutely foul stuff.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
This stuff was pretty bad in Germany. Was told its made from some type of root.

IMG_2350.JPG