WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1911 45* Has always been my favorite , check this out

Xring01

Reaction score
Singer 1911 is my holy grail gun…
I have a Remington Rand 1911A1 United States Property, US Army made in 1943/44…

IMG_2151.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
I'm a 1911 fan as well. That's a cool story on the Singer history. It im
Not paying 415k for a gun. Lol

Here's my March of 1912 Colt 1911.

With a Colt gold cup and a sig 1911

And then there’s my pimp 1911 I carry when I gotta put my hoes on check 😁
IMG_0840.jpeg
IMG_0988.jpeg

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Yep the singer is holy grail
Buddies dad had one
When he passed away no one could find it

Pending the condition of that gun… could easily be valued over $1 million today.

They sell alot more frequently that most are aware of, but its always private party transactions. Because the big time collectors with lots $$$, dont want the attention of dealing with auctions/retailers.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
No matter how clunky and heavy my 1911’s are they’re by far my favorite to shoot and to look at. They consistently go bang every time and rarely have a FTF or stove pipe as long as I shoot decent ammo. They’re just beautiful pew pews.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Singer 1911 is my holy grail gun…
I have a Remington Rand 1911A1 United States Property, US Army made in 1943/44…

View attachment 1353167
You have my pops drooling. Back in 07-08 he had a 1911 from every year ever made. His collection was rather impressive. Unfortunately had to sell off about 70% to keep the business going at the time. He actually met one of his best friends off gunbroker bidding on 1911s against each other. Terry aka “fatboy” on gunbroker had the largest Luger collection in the U.S. he unfortunately passed about 5 years back. That’s a really nice piece.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Massad Ayoob Has dozens of articles on these awesome pistols , My latest in My collection is My Rock Island , had it a year but havent put a round thru it yet but soon

Attachments

• rocky.jpg
    rocky.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 65

Xring01

Reaction score
You have my pops drooling. Back in 07-08 he had a 1911 from every year ever made. His collection was rather impressive. Unfortunately had to sell off about 70% to keep the business going at the time. He actually met one of his best friends off gunbroker bidding on 1911s against each other. Terry aka “fatboy” on gunbroker had the largest Luger collection in the U.S. he unfortunately passed about 5 years back. That’s a really nice piece.
Actually, its not…
The bad… it was refinished. Someone, long before me… Took the parkerizing off and blued it..probably because it was rusty, you can see evidence of rust long ago. They did a piss poor job at that. MFKR’s uggg…
In addition, it doesnt have the original slide stop and I think it has a non military issue barrel. Probably why is shoots so good. The reason I am saying that, is military issue barrels have millions of rounds thru them and are typically wore the fuck out. Which is why this gun probably has a different barrel. LOL.

The good… Its tight… Its not a rattle trap. Its shoots lights out, extremely accurate. I have personally gone thru it from top to bottom and gave it a trigger job on the stock parts, no after market parts from me. It has all the “stamps” that every collector is looking for. In that regard its pretty rare.

To me,,, the best part about it, is the armory paint on the grips. For anyone who has “checked out” a gun in the military. Knows what that 12 is and why its there. The fact its still there and was not taken off by the various owners over the years.. Is what I love the most about it. Yes I know thats kinda stupid, but when you prior military, and spend a few years as Military Police… it brings back lots of memorys.

thetub

Reaction score
are these 1911s hard to come by ? specifically US Army editions ?

was really wanting one

Xring01

Reaction score
are these 1911s hard to come by ? specifically US Army editions ?

was really wanting one
Dude… buy one right fucking now.. Do not wait..

No joking… cause the price on the good US Gov Issued ones has gone thru the roof over the last 10 years.

They are collectors items and are the new “Colt Single Action Army”… what do i mean by that…
In the 60’s and 70s, go to a pawn shop and you could pick up a first generation Colt SAA for next to nothing…
90s - 2000’s, find a piece of shit one that didnt even function was $2000, a decent one $3500, good one $10,000…

I have a second generation in the box, thats only been fired twice… that was done at the factory. This made me slobbering idiot when I first saw it… had to have it. Its not a first gen… but show me a better second gen.

IMG_0533.jpeg

Last edited:

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I carried the Springfield Armory Long Beach Operator for about a year. I think it is the best looking and nicest non $5K+ 1911. After about a year I went back to a glock. The 1911 platform is amazing but it is heavy for daily carry

Last edited:

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
1911 holster.......I'm looking for A 1911 owb leather holster that has the gun sitting with the grips at belt level or lower. GALACO maks one that comes close but not quite there. El Paso has the "Austin" but I cannot find a picture of the backside of the holster. Calling El Paso is a PIA, they act like they are doing you a favor answering the phone. Anyone have the El Paso Austin???

Attachments

• austin.png
    austin.png
    386.5 KB · Views: 60

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
1911 holster.......I'm looking for A 1911 owb leather holster that has the gun sitting with the grips at belt level or lower. GALACO maks one that comes close but not quite there. El Paso has the "Austin" but I cannot find a picture of the backside of the holster. Calling El Paso is a PIA, they act like they are doing you a favor answering the phone. Anyone have the El Paso Austin???
Uncle Mikes maybe ? all my Hip and shoulder rigs are Cordura types cept My UM 44 mag deal

Xring01

Reaction score
While we are on the 1911 topic…
There is an asshole on 1911 addicts.com who is doing his best to get into my wallet. That rat bastard posted this for $4250.
Turnabull 1911 Commander, Color Case Hardened… Thank god its a Commander, because it it was full size, it would have been snatched up immediately… I love how the grips match the case hardened finish… damn its a good looking gun thats calling me.

IMG_0866.jpeg

sintax

Reaction score
While we are on the 1911 topic…
There is an asshole on 1911 addicts.com who is doing his best to get into my wallet. That rat bastard posted this for $4250.
Turnabull 1911 Commander, Color Case Hardened… Thank god its a Commander, because it it was full size, it would have been snatched up immediately… I love how the grips match the case hardened finish… damn its a good looking gun thats calling me.

View attachment 1353489

not sure if you've shot a commander before, but I always knocked em util i shot one.

they are pretty damn awesome, ideal 1911 carry

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
If you like 1911s, look up Alchemy Custom Weaponry.

I was on a hunt in Texas in January and one of the guys had a FFL and sold guns. He said they are completely handmade and he would choose this 1911 to protect his family any day of the week.

I held it. It was probably the most solid gun that I've ever seen. Super low tolerances, nothing rattled, racking the slide was smooth and it was locked in.

Now I just need to find $4,500 😂

Xring01

Reaction score

I was on a hunt in Texas in January and one of the guys had a FFL and sold guns. He said they are completely handmade and he would choose this 1911 to protect his family any day of the week.

I held it. It was probably the most solid gun that I've ever seen. Super low tolerances, nothing rattled, racking the slide was smooth and it was locked in.

ACW is considered a semi custom
Turnbull is 100% custom…

Rajobigguy

Reaction score

Turnbull is 100% custom…
Ok now I’m not putting down anyone that wants to spend the big bucks to have the gun they want but I have to ask. My Springfield target is built in the Springfield custom shop. Tolerances are tight as prom night P., nobody other than Colt has more experience building 1911s and can be had for about $1800. How do you justify the cost for one of these high end customs??

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Turnbull is 100% custom…
I was told full custom and brands like Dan Wesson are semi custom. I haven't researched enough but that's what I was told.

Ok now I’m not putting down anyone that wants to spend the big bucks to have the gun they want but I have to ask. My Springfield target is built in the Springfield custom shop. Tolerances are tight as prom night P., nobody other than Colt has more experience building 1911s and can be had for about $1800. How do you justify the cost for one of these high end customs??
The price seems to increase exponentially for every little bit of quality. I'm guessing customer service is better with a smaller custom builder as well.

Personally, I've only spent over $1500 on two guns so far... a Tikka 300WM rifle and a Browning Maxus II shotgun. Those have a purpose.

I expect certain guns to partially be safe queens. Just high end, look pretty, get shot a few times a year, and are good conversation pieces with buddies. The custom factor also comes into play when the builder doesn't make a ton of them. Are you the only person on your street with one? Only person in your neighborhood? City? County? State? Not trying to be better than anyone, just cool to have a rare piece.

I tend to buy firearms 90% of the time for no particular purpose. Maybe I watched a review, read an article, walked into a gun shop and liked how it looked. Hell, maybe I want a second one in a different color.

So the high end customs tend to be solid guns, that hold their value and that you don't see in everyone else's safes.

Somebody who is way deeper down the rabbit hole with ballistics and tactical use of certain guns will probably have a better reason than mine where I just say that's cool, I want 😁

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I also own one of these if no one has seen one , weighs in at 55 Oz Very comfortable to shoot but has :"ramping issues"

Attachments

• star-megastar-2.gif
    star-megastar-2.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 69

77charger

Reaction score
My 1911 is still my favorite pistol I have. Bought it in 97 and has alot of rounds through it. Just a simple colt 1991 commander. But have shot 3 gun with it and did well didn’t buy for a safe queen and was my only handgun til 2017. My second favorite it my Canik tp9 I can pretty much shoot it just as good maybe better but it ain’t a 1911 but great gun out of box.

I’m 2000 I tried to upgrade bought a full-size Springfield loaded 1911 and it turned out to be junk slide got hung up 1/4 inch short from closing often was ammo picky I tried everything I could at the time almost threw it out but have it to a friend instead. My colt is opposite it’s fired every kind of ammo through it and very rarely has a hiccup. It’s a loose gun but I’m very accurate with it.
2DE3EB40-6499-471A-85C9-5A3793494709.jpeg

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I was told full custom and brands like Dan Wesson are semi custom. I haven't researched enough but that's what I was told.

The price seems to increase exponentially for every little bit of quality. I'm guessing customer service is better with a smaller custom builder as well.

Personally, I've only spent over $1500 on two guns so far... a Tikka 300WM rifle and a Browning Maxus II shotgun. Those have a purpose.

I expect certain guns to partially be safe queens. Just high end, look pretty, get shot a few times a year, and are good conversation pieces with buddies. The custom factor also comes into play when the builder doesn't make a ton of them. Are you the only person on your street with one? Only person in your neighborhood? City? County? State? Not trying to be better than anyone, just cool to have a rare piece.

I tend to buy firearms 90% of the time for no particular purpose. Maybe I watched a review, read an article, walked into a gun shop and liked how it looked. Hell, maybe I want a second one in a different color.

So the high end customs tend to be solid guns, that hold their value and that you don't see in everyone else's safes.

Somebody who is way deeper down the rabbit hole with ballistics and tactical use of certain guns will probably have a better reason than mine where I just say that's cool, I want 😁
Ok that makes sense. If All you’re after is exclusively and you just have to have burnished stainless with gold accents and Bubinga waterfall grips, we’ll the heart wants what the heart wants but from a functional standpoint (accuracy, smoothness of operation and dependability) I’ll take mine all day long. Especially since for the price of one of those super customs I can buy two of mine plus a cheap Rock Island for a throw away and still have enough left over to do a serious range day with a Starbucks coffee afterwards.
Maybe I should just go be poor somewhere else 😁

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Its like cars or boats. A Schiada versus a Tahiti.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score

Xring01

Reaction score
I was just a very very bad boy…
Look what I just bought… I dont have it yet… working on the details now…
Damn its beautiful…
Guess who did the finish work… Yep Turnbull Color Case Hardened and the Charcoal Blue slide…

Its a good fucking day…

IMG_0872.jpeg
IMG_0873.jpeg
IMG_0883.jpeg
IMG_0890.jpeg
IMG_0889.jpeg
IMG_0888.jpeg
IMG_0886.jpeg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

I'm lucky enough to own a SACS Single Stack Classic and a full house custom build from Ted Yost. The SACS is a great gun, and gets shot way more because it doesn't have a 5 digit value on it, but the Yost custom is just different.

IMG_20221009_215250.jpg
IMG_20221009_215304.jpg
IMG_20221009_215242.jpg

Xring01

Reaction score
Yost - your a lucky man, enough said on that topic…

As a FYI… their is a high likely hood this will be up for sale in the near future. Its a pretty early made Wilson Combat CQB. No the grips are staying with me. I have a few others you can choose from. This will be in the $2500 ball park… But its not getting shipped until I get the new one.
IMG_0433.jpeg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Yost - your a lucky man, enough said on that topic…

As a FYI… their is a high likely hood this will be up for sale in the near future. Its a pretty early made Wilson Combat CQB. No the grips are staying with me. I have a few others you can choose from. This will be in the $2500 ball park… But its not getting shipped until I get the new one. View attachment 1353948

I'm annoyed that Addicts changed the rules on their classifieds, uses to be my daily ritual to see if anything interesting popped up. Working on getting up to 50 posts as we speak so I can be let back in.

Xring01

Reaction score
I'm annoyed that Addicts changed the rules on their classifieds, uses to be my daily ritual to see if anything interesting popped up. Working on getting up to 50 posts as we speak so I can be let back in.

Dont do it… its hell on your wallet. Dont ask me how I know.

Last edited:

TonyFanelli

Reaction score

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Niiicee! How do you like the CZ?
The CZ is a lot of gun for the money, fires both single or double action. smooth easy trigger pull with a perfectly repeatable break, will eat any ammo that you can find and is more accurate than I am. The other thing that I like is that I have fairly large paws and the CZ fits my hand perfectly YMMV on that point but most agree that it is a comfortable fit,

SLT Kota

Reaction score
For thoses of you with a Sig 1911 how do you like them?

I am in the market for a threaded 1911 and the sigs with a factory threaded barrel have peaked my interest.

Dunerking

Reaction score
For thoses of you with a Sig 1911 how do you like them?

I am in the market for a threaded 1911 and the sigs with a factory threaded barrel have peaked my interest.
Looking forward to hearing as always considered getting a SIG 1911.