2023 Prius

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Saw one today and is rather futuristic looking

2023-toyota-prius-japan-front-three-quarters-1668576156.jpg

TCHB

Reaction score
Everything I read about the new Prius is very good. I heard they were sold out with at least a six month wait.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to buy one, but no deals. Basically, they are $38k! HAHA, no thanks for an economy car.

sintax

Reaction score
I saw one on the road yesterday, its certainly an improvement over the previous gens, looks wise at least.

if they didnt have those ridiculous wheel gaps all the new cars seem to have, it would be even better looking

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I saw one on the road yesterday, its certainly an improvement over the previous gens, looks wise at least.

if they didnt have those ridiculous wheel gaps all the new cars seem to have, it would be even better looking

The wheel well cladding needs to be painted body color for sure.

sintax

Reaction score
The wheel well cladding needs to be painted body color for sure.

someone told me the increase in the shitty black plastic cladding is due to some emissions deal? something with emissions generated from total car build?

I personally hate the stuff, and would love to not see any black plastic on the cars, it looks fine for two years and then you spend the rest of the cars life rubbing shit on there trying to make it look halfway decent.

TCHB

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Where did they order it from??

The yellow is not available from all the searching I did, I like yellow!
The yellow does look cool.

Stephen Wade Toyota in St. George.

They didn’t really have too much choice, The dealer had a white FWD Limited en route and that is what they took, as they wanted white or silver.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They actually have some horsepower now. 👍

Yeah sorta...

What I've found is that what they do on these types of cars is ADD the HP at each wheel up.

So 300hp is actually 75hp per tire.

Marketing, marketing, marketing!!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah sorta...

What I've found is that what they do on these types of cars is ADD the HP at each wheel up.

So 300hp is actually 75hp per tire.

Marketing, marketing, marketing!!!

Power to weight is power to weight.

75HP to each tire is the same as 300HP to 4 tires, and will perform the same if the weight of the car is the same :)

4Waters

Reaction score
Saw one today, looks good. In-between a volt and a Tesla

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So I drove this thing yesterday. It actually looks good from most angles and is a nice car overall. The ride is great, the car is peppy, the steering was shockingly good, and the interior look and feel is really nice and comfortable. The seats and all leather surfaces are supple and soft.

This is the Limited spec, so it has heated and AC seats, bigger screen, better stereo, 360 degree camera, and I think the self driving stuff. The rear hatch is powered which is really good for my aging mom.

The glass roof is just kind of a gimmick. It does not open. My parents are going to get some good heat reflecting tint on the roof panels.

The black plastic fender cladding looks like it comes right off. I think they will get it painted body color, and my dad may put a replacement set of wheels on it in a lower offset.

I was pretty impressed. It is legitimately a good car.
1CB940C1-CC1A-4D0D-BDBB-BAEDBF2149F4.jpeg

3BE8E5B6-BF7C-4FCD-A439-4B86D86891FB.jpeg

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
It will run for a long time!

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I’ve Never wanted, and have always made fun of Prius drivers. I’m probably gonna get a new Prius when we get one that’s not pre-sold. Nicely loaded for mid 30k and gets high 50 mpg. I sold and Pimped one for a client last week. Tinted the windows. De-badged, trick BBS style wheels. Killer little commuter car.
Having issues though with people over 6’ and anyone with wide shoulders! They cut the windshield down so low….. hard to get in and out for some peeps.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
It will run for a long time!
DONT keep any Hybrid over 150k ! Financial time Bomb!!!! Have seen some HUGE repair bills. When the tech starts failing….. cut bait and Run.

Singleton

Reaction score
DONT keep any Hybrid over 150k ! Financial time Bomb!!!! Have seen some HUGE repair bills. When the tech starts failing….. cut bait and Run.
for me that is 15-20 year car at 150k miles
Yukon purchased new in 2014, has 95k
2014 Jeep has 40k
F350 purchased 5 years ago today has 40k

TCHB

Reaction score
Like a BMW

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I hate those f'ing things with a passion . . . . that being said, they could've done a lot worse with that design.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’ve Never wanted, and have always made fun of Prius drivers. I’m probably gonna get a new Prius when we get one that’s not pre-sold. Nicely loaded for mid 30k and gets high 50 mpg. I sold and Pimped one for a client last week. Tinted the windows. De-badged, trick BBS style wheels. Killer little commuter car.
Having issues though with people over 6’ and anyone with wide shoulders! They cut the windshield down so low….. hard to get in and out for some peeps.

I’m 6’3, dad is 6’5. Yea you do have to watch your head getting in. There is a A pillar blind spot to get used to as well, too, but all modern cars have that to some degree.