WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any news on RR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Praying for you RR! Treat the rehab like it's your job and you should do well.

4Waters

Reaction score
He sent me this pic๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

scrubs-dont.jpg

JK but it definitely looks like a RR type pic๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Get better man, positive thoughts for you getting well. ๐Ÿ™

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Hey there RR. It doesnโ€™t look like you will be home for this thanksgiving. But Iโ€™m sitting here thinking of you and am so thankful you are just here for Thanksgiving.
Everybody here has been and will always be in your corner through this battle

I know weโ€™ve met only a couple times. But please donโ€™t be shy on asking for some assistance in the near future. ( the little womanโ€™s a good cook and if we can make things easier let us know )

You were actually the first RDP member to ever come by my house and meet in person.
Anything you need. If I can do it. Iโ€™m here to help.

Get well and raise more hell ๐Ÿ˜œ

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Just got this from his wife.

Not awesome. Not sleeping well. Has the gurgling cough still. And still on high flow oxygen so not allowed to walk. Part of being let out is to walk and be off oxygen. They had him on liquid diet and I think put him on semi soft today but he's not eating -- Not hungry. I try to tell him he has to eat something to fuel the healing process but I can only suggest.
They now tell him not to get out of bed at all because when he does, it creates stress and blood pressure rises. They are adjusting meds.

It's really a lot. I only stayed under 30 minutes today ...it's too much for my anxiety right now.

Sorry to let it all out. I could easily say everything is still pending healing but....I'm trying to stop all that nonsense. ๐Ÿ˜•

Thank you for checking in. I appreciate it. I'm really praying he turns the corner soon. He doesn't know it yet but my daughter is on her way in from Arizona for moral support cuz I'm losing my mind right now. We plan to surprise him tomorrow with her walking into his room. Maybe her presence and calm words can help

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

Not awesome. Not sleeping well. Has the gurgling cough still. And still on high flow oxygen so not allowed to walk. Part of being let out is to walk and be off oxygen. They had him on liquid diet and I think put him on semi soft today but he's not eating -- Not hungry. I try to tell him he has to eat something to fuel the healing process but I can only suggest.
They now tell him not to get out of bed at all because when he does, it creates stress and blood pressure rises. They are adjusting meds.

It's really a lot. I only stayed under 30 minutes today ...it's too much for my anxiety right now.

Sorry to let it all out. I could easily say everything is still pending healing but....I'm trying to stop all that nonsense. ๐Ÿ˜•

Thank you for checking in. I appreciate it. I'm really praying he turns the corner soon. He doesn't know it yet but my daughter is on her way in from Arizona for moral support cuz I'm losing my mind right now. We plan to surprise him tomorrow with her walking into his room. Maybe her presence and calm words can help
โ€ฆ You are a really good personโ€ฆ And I fully understand what you yourself are going through๐Ÿ‘โ€ฆ

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

As always, thanks for your informative report.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

Thank you for being there. You also need to keep you anxiety in check. Youโ€™re no good for him if your down and out. Just sayin.
Maybe for you. Take a day away. Thatโ€™s okay as well.
Not a doctor in any sense but maybe RR needs to take one step back so he is able to take many steps forward. Iโ€™m just a sideline person hoping and praying for his best.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Thank you for being there. You also need to keep you anxiety in check. Youโ€™re no good for him if your down and out. Just sayin.
Not a doctor in any sense but maybe RR needs to take one step back so he is able to take many steps forward. Iโ€™m just a sideline person hoping and praying for his best.
โ€ฆ This is oh so so very trueโ€ฆ There was a psychological term. I learned in college called emotional contagionโ€ฆ Iโ€™m sure you do not want to spread your anxiety to himโ€ฆ In his sensitive state he could even pick up your anxiety over the phoneโ€ฆ Probably a real good thing that your daughter is coming to townโ€ฆand can put some fresh energy in to the mixโ€ฆ In my hospital stay fortunately my buddies did not come to visit meโ€ฆ The only visitors I had were a total of 4 wonderful women who brought me nothing but goodโ€ฆ and some soft conversationโ€ฆ
โ€ฆ This is really none of my businessโ€ฆ But being a chronic pain, patient, I kind of have a feeling of RRโ€™s state of being๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธโ€ฆ

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Pretty sure post #110 was a copy and paste from RRs wife. Not from Jeff. Either way it was good advice. ๐Ÿ‘

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
DO NOT look at any of the pics you post until you are ready...heal up!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™
Hey buddy! Good to hear from you..Hope you're getting better! Stay strong and get better...the thread needs and misses you!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™‚

poncho

Reaction score
RR, it's like that toxic girl in your life, your so much better off afterwards you just don't know it at the time.
Heal up and take good care of yourself.

Last edited:

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I just saw this FB post from RR's wife

Our Thanksgiving was very meaningful and I can only praise Jesus. Over the past day or two Rich has been struggling in his healing process to the point of being severely set back. He was unable to stomach food and was on high flow oxygen and therefore unable to progress to walking and solid foods. It was heartbreaking and stressful.
Today I actually witnessed the power of prayer. My youngest daughter and her boyfriend came out last night to stay with me for moral support. We went to visit. Bethany was able to encourage Rich to take a bit of soup. After a bit, Jesse got on his knees and we all held hands and rested our joined hands on Rich. Jesse prayed. Praising Jesus and trusting in His word for healing if it is His wish. As stated in Matthew 18: 20 "when two or more are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them".
We visited for a bit then went home. A few hours later we returned to visit Rich. He was sitting in a chair, now on low flow/regular oxygen, had color in his face, and was doing so much better. The nurse also was impressed and they are now changing his diet to solid food!! Chances are good that if he does well on low flow oxygen, tomorrow they can finally walk him. One step closer to home. I haven't been at peace or able to sleep much since this incident began 9 days ago. Today after seeing Rich completely changed....I feel revived and peaceful. Praise be to God for He is good.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Get well soon Ritchey!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I just saw this FB post from RR's wife

Our Thanksgiving was very meaningful and I can only praise Jesus. Over the past day or two Rich has been struggling in his healing process to the point of being severely set back. He was unable to stomach food and was on high flow oxygen and therefore unable to progress to walking and solid foods. It was heartbreaking and stressful.
Today I actually witnessed the power of prayer. My youngest daughter and her boyfriend came out last night to stay with me for moral support. We went to visit. Bethany was able to encourage Rich to take a bit of soup. After a bit, Jesse got on his knees and we all held hands and rested our joined hands on Rich. Jesse prayed. Praising Jesus and trusting in His word for healing if it is His wish. As stated in Matthew 18: 20 "when two or more are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them".
We visited for a bit then went home. A few hours later we returned to visit Rich. He was sitting in a chair, now on low flow/regular oxygen, had color in his face, and was doing so much better. The nurse also was impressed and they are now changing his diet to solid food!! Chances are good that if he does well on low flow oxygen, tomorrow they can finally walk him. One step closer to home. I haven't been at peace or able to sleep much since this incident began 9 days ago. Today after seeing Rich completely changed....I feel revived and peaceful. Praise be to God for He is good.

Such great news!!! Thank you for sharing. Just wish I wasnโ€™t in the middle of cutting onions while reading it. Come on Ritchie you got this!!!! Canโ€™t wait to hear that you took a walking lap on the hospital floor.

Backlash

Reaction score
OK I've had about enough of this nonsense! I'm starting to get backed up without his good morning posts! That's no bueno!! ๐Ÿคฃ

All kidding aside, I hope you're getting better with each passing day and we're all looking forward to hearing some good news. ๐Ÿ’ช

Joe mama

Reaction score
Prayers are good!!! I used to wake up and take a look at the RR post of the beauties, now looking at post to see how our buddy is doing. Get better and keep moving forward.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Awesome news!!!! Getting home will speed up the healing Now that you can really rest. Thanks for posting Jeff. ๐Ÿ‘

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well Done RR. Your well known stability & determination brought you home. ๐Ÿ‘