WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Apparently 74% of Americans are…

RVR_RCN

Reaction score
Yup, just as I thought... I should lose a few pounds.
View attachment 1355455

This table is Bullshit, I'm 5'10" @ 182lbs (57yo) and that is considered overweight? I would have to starve myself to get to 167 lbs! Maybe in my 20's.

5-2-2024.jpg

badluck

Reaction score
Artificial sweetners are a really bad thing. When you intake something sweet your tastebuds tell your brain that you are eating something with sugar, your brain relays that info to your pancreas so it will release insulin to deal with the sugar but there is no sugar. Believe it or not sugar is better than artificial sweetners, artificial sweetners contribute to insulin resistance as well. I was a diet soda drinker for years (2-3 a day) and gave it up after I got covid as artificial sweetners now taste like shit to me, I then read an article about how artificial sweetners screw with your insulin production and blood sugar. I also drink my iced tea with no sweetner/sugar either. I now have 2-3 sodas a week but they are almost always sweetened with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

If you give up diet drinks watch your blood sugar levels as you change over, maybe even talk to your Dr. or a nutritionist first. I like the carbonation in soda but can't stomach soda water so I compromise with a couple regular sodas a week.
What sodas have cane sugar? I’ve always said diet soda makes you fat. Every person I know that is overweight drinks it. Some were skinny when they started. Check out the caffeine content if a Diet Coke. It’s significantly higher than regular coke. If you remember where that article was on the sweetener, please share it. I drink about 2 sodas a week. I’d drink them all day if I could. I freaking love me some soda.

4Waters

Reaction score
What sodas have cane sugar? I’ve always said diet soda makes you fat. Every person I know that is overweight drinks it. Some were skinny when they started. Check out the caffeine content if a Diet Coke. It’s significantly higher than regular coke. If you remember where that article was on the sweetener, please share it. I drink about 2 sodas a week. I’d drink them all day if I could. I freaking love me some soda.
Pepsi and coke both have cane sugar sodas

badluck

Reaction score
Their brands or just Pepsi and coke? Love mnt dew, root beer, Dr Pepper,

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
yep. people that struggle with their relationship with food need to get this. A real fix without the side effects or phentermine or whatever else is out there. Supposedly its like gastric bypass in its effectiveness
Look up the side effects...there are many, and eventually your body builds up a resistance to it. There is no magic pill.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Eat 2000-2200 calories a day and get some exercise 20-30 minutes a day and see what happens.

The consumption of fat intake is off the charts and most people don't have a clue what they are eating. .

1 gram of carb = 4 calories
1 gram of protein = 4 calories
1 gram of fat =9 calories

2% milk is 37% fat
90% lean ground beef is 55% fat.
LOL going healthily? A grilled Chik-filet sandwich is almost 30% fat, or maybe one of their salads..... 65% fat.
Animal fat is not bad for you. We've been brainwashed for so damn long. It's all the processed foods. Food doesn't come from a bag, box or can.

4Waters

Reaction score
Their brands or just Pepsi and coke? Love mnt dew, root beer, Dr Pepper,
I have only seen Coke and Pepsi in stores but I have seen online some of their other products that have cane sugar as well, IBC root beer has cane sugar as well.

They flat taste better

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
It's not magic. Eat real food. Eliminate all processed foods. Cut out sugar, artifical sweeteners (worse than sugar). If it's in a bag, box, can, tube, bottle ect, stay away. Wash your fruits and veggies even if they are organic. Get out and move, break a sweat, lift at least 3 days a week. Consistency is key. Cheat here and there. If you drink, drink clean alcohols, tequila is the easiest on your liver by a long shot. Drink water at least 1/2 Oz per lb of body weight per day if you are sedentary, more if you are active. I'm 52 5'10" on a good day weighed 197 this am probably just under 10% body fat. The best shape I've been in. Just takes a bit or desire and discipline.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
When I had my heart bypass surgery on Nov 18, 2023, I weighed 217 pounds. As of this morning (May 2, 2024) I am 184 pounds. I walk the dog 2-3 times a day through our community and hit the gym every night to lift weights with my wife. I actually walk to the gym which is 2 miles away. I do this since there is no reason to have an extra car taking up a parking spot and give me more cardio. Takes me 30-35 minutes to walk the 2 miles and then I either walk/jog on the treadmill or ride the elliptical bike until my wife gets there.

I would not have been able to do any of this long distance walking prior to Nov 18, 2023.

Holy shit that is Awesome Rich!!

👏👏👏

2Driver

Reaction score
Animal fat is not bad for you. We've been brainwashed for so damn long. It's all the processed foods. Food doesn't come from a bag, box or can.

Its both for sure. All that shit is high in fat.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
IMG_2749.jpeg

Last time I was at Walmart I’d say this dude would’ve been average sized.

BTW not sure if it’s all Walmarts but the Temecula one has really stepped up its game pretty clean and well stocked with some good finds.

Bajap1

Reaction score
Over weight according to the CDC. Perhaps the CDC should investigate the DHHS, USDA, EPA and every other alphabet agency that is allowing us all to be poisoned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502_185036_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240502_185036_Chrome.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 15

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I guess I have nothing to worry about. I’m not even on that silly chart.🤣