WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat content..How to Re-power ?

rrrr

Reaction score
Yes the OEM 13 1/4 X15 is the one that is on there, Tried a Stainless 13 1/4 X 17 seems right, the prop cavitated at high speed and went slower .
Increasing pitch 2" is a big jump for a 115 HP engine powering a 3,300 lb (according to OEM test literature) boat. Perhaps you should try a 15" SS propeller. You also have to realize the 42 MPH speed given in the literature was attained with a clean hull at sea level on a 52° day with nothing on board but a 125 lb skipper.

You bought a boat with a published 42 MPH maximum speed. The 36 MPH speed your boat has achieved is 85% of the published number. The disparity is caused by Havasu's altitude and temperature, along with the stuff you have in the boat. The manufacturer will tell you the same thing. It shouldn't be a surprise.

Upgrading to a 200 HP engine will increase the top speed less than 10 MPH. The hull design limits the upside.

instagator

Reaction score
This thread is so RDP.

Guy buys a 19 foot center console with a 115 HP motor and is upset because it doesn't go fast enough.....🤣🤣

Based on post #3, your numbers seem in line.

Have you tried a different prop?
The orig question is about Re-Power, Cruising RPM is what i am looking for not speed . I have owned over 35 boats ,I know this is no rocket

instagator

Reaction score
Increasing pitch 2" is a big jump for a 115 HP engine powering a 3,300 lb (according to OEM test literature) boat. Perhaps you should try a 15" SS propeller. You also have to realize the 42 MPH speed given in the literature was attained with a clean hull at sea level on a 52° day with nothing on board but a 125 lb skipper.

You bought a boat with a published 42 MPH maximum speed. The 36 MPH speed your boat has achieved is 85% of the published number. The disparity is caused by Havasu's altitude and temperature, along with the stuff you have in the boat. The manufacturer will tell you the same thing. It shouldn't be a surprise.

Upgrading to a 200 HP engine will increase the top speed less than 10 MPH. The hull design limits the upside.
Good advice, What you said and the legal end of it makes it not worth it .

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Guarantee thet T-Top accounts for 5+ mph on the top end.

Funny story from an old salty buddy of mine Rich Marsell about T-Tops . . . he and a friend launched an old Whaler 22 Outrage out of the Old Mill in San Quintin Baja . . . they rolled all the way down the coast to Jeronino Island / Sacramento Reef, about 50 miles south. Once they got there, the 1st thing Rich did was unbolt the T-Top from the deck and chuck it over the side ! 😂🤣😅
The way he tells the story is hilarious !!!!

Reactions: DWC

instagator

Reaction score
This thread is so RDP.

Guy buys a 19 foot center console with a 115 HP motor and is upset because it doesn't go fast enough.....🤣🤣

Wrong....I have a fast boat.....Bought this for a jerk around havasu boat on the shitty days, This little boat would be great with more power. My other Boat...
56C168C8-60C2-469A-9C7E-78187CFD255F.jpeg

instagator

Reaction score
I edited my post after I did a quick search and it seems like your numbers are right on for that manufacturer.

View attachment 1237670

View attachment 1237671

I'd be a little disappointed with those numbers to be honest.
After trying 2 more Amazon stainless props, different size and pitch. I have found out they perform worse than the yamaha OEM 13 1/4 X 15.....Thanks for this Info
I will order the prop in this test, any thing close i will be happy . Thanks

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
This thread is so RDP.

Its not really rocket science right. WOT RPM range is what it is labeled from the engine builder.

If it hits the number your done. Two high or to low and engine life will suffer so prop accordingly. If it used to hit WOT numbers and doesn't anymore remove all the stowed excess weight and go again. If the weight is minimal then look into an engine fault and service.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
And? A tournament bass boat has a hull optimized for speed.

Correct. Much lighter than the OP's boat also.

It's just information for reference. The OP can do what he wants with it.

A 4 blade made a huge difference on my toon. Worked much better all the way around. 150 V6 2 smoke.