WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat market - No reason to hold on to your hat.

DWC

Reaction score
Guess there won’t be any half price deals this year. 😳😳

IMG_9282.jpeg

JFMFG

Reaction score
he prob has a new 42 on order.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He’s just selling his spot in line. Todays MSPR + skip the line fee. Plus accessories. Its simple math.

While I know you are poking fun at me and some others with reference to the speed thing. There’s something to be said for being able to buy this DCB today vs waiting however long it takes to build a new one.

I’m not sure what todays costs to build are and what options this has or doesn’t.. but I wouldn’t be so quick to judge a price without any pertinent information regarding the boat or todays costs.

(Not just talking to you but some of the other comments in this thread as well)

RD

evantwheeler

Reaction score
While I know you are poking fun at me and some others with reference to the speed thing. There’s something to be said for being able to buy this DCB today vs waiting however long it takes to build a new one.

I’m not sure what todays costs to build are and what options this has or doesn’t.. but I wouldn’t be so quick to judge a price without any pertinent information regarding the boat or todays costs.

(Not just talking to you but some of the other comments in this thread as well)

RD
For sure if its what you want thats the price, because how many more are on the market for sale?

I’m honestly not judging the price, purely being a smart ass using current events. I’m here for the entertainment and social network of the forum, not to keep up on the MSRP of a 2023 DCB or 2025 Speed UTV.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For sure if its what you want thats the price, because how many more are on the market for sale?

I’m honestly not judging the price, purely being a smart ass using current events. I’m here for the entertainment and social network of the forum, not to keep up on the MSRP of a 2023 DCB or 2025 Speed UTV.

I’m wondering if my speed is gonna be a 23 or a 24 lol

LuauLounge

Reaction score
There are people that have the means and the desire to write the check out of their petty cash account. I can afford to pay all my bills and fill the cars with gas.
There is a market for everything.

17 10 Flat

Reaction score
Thats a good looking ride. One of the things I have always enjoyed about Havasu, you see boats like that where as you do not a lot any where else. I'm in Florida now and Center consoles carry the day. Nice rides as well but don't jump out like the the DCB.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thats a good looking ride. One of the things I have always enjoyed about Havasu, you see boats like that where as you do not a lot any where else. I'm in Florida now and Center consoles carry the day. Nice rides as well but don't jump out like the the DCB.

The thing that blow me away in Florida is it seems like everyone has a 200k boat. Even driving through mobile home parks they all have nice center consoles parked next to them.

17 10 Flat

Reaction score
The thing that blow me away in Florida is it seems like everyone has a 200k boat. Even driving through mobile home parks they all have nice center consoles parked next to them.
Don't pull into those mobil home parks. You would not want your vehicle damaged by an explosion from someone cooking. Where do you suppose they got the money? :cool:

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Saw a 07 Howard listed yesterday for $215K
It did have a new outdrive. Use it for 16 years and break even. Boats have been a great investment!

Saw that as well.. shit is wild

Reactions: DWC

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Funny, I was just talking to Angie two hours ago about this topic.

I don't see significant price reductions in West Coast performance boats unless someone figures out a better manufacturing method or demand changes. When you think about the amount of labor it takes to hand-build a high-performance machine, the price seems reasonable.

The late 90's - mid-2000s performance boats represent classic style and performance, however, available cash to purchase these boats is going to eventually affect market value. Couple that with blue motors that need a refresh and other aging components and uneducated buyers with home equity can't sustain the market.

Last year during the DCB regatta, I asked a banker friend of mine to describe the demographic of a guy who drove by in a nice DCB with two stripper-looking chicks on board. He laughed and said he had financed the original owner of that particular boat and proceeded to give me the rundown. That type of buyer is always gonna want that type of product. They make it work for however long they can.

Production boats I presume are going to take a beating in the near future.

I wonder if there is a market for the restoration of older performance boats, I assume you would need to have a loan program to make it work or a return to easy home equity cash flow. Mortals don't buy MTIs.

DWC

Reaction score
Funny, I was just talking to Angie two hours ago about this topic.

I don't see significant price reductions in West Coast performance boats unless someone figures out a better manufacturing method or demand changes. When you think about the amount of labor it takes to hand-build a high-performance machine, the price seems reasonable.

The late 90's - mid-2000s performance boats represent classic style and performance, however, available cash to purchase these boats is going to eventually affect market value. Couple that with blue motors that need a refresh and other aging components and uneducated buyers with home equity can't sustain the market.

Last year during the DCB regatta, I asked a banker friend of mine to describe the demographic of a guy who drove by in a nice DCB with two stripper-looking chicks on board. He laughed and said he had financed the original owner of that particular boat and proceeded to give me the rundown. That type of buyer is always gonna want that type of product. They make it work for however long they can.

Production boats I presume are going to take a beating in the near future.

I wonder if there is a market for the restoration of older performance boats, I assume you would need to have a loan program to make it work or a return to easy home equity cash flow. Mortals don't buy MTIs.
Interesting on new boats. When we bought ours from a local big name broker, he said a big number of high dollar used boats were bought cash.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Interesting on new boats. When we bought ours from a local big name broker, he said a big number of high dollar used boats were bought cash
How long ago? The same banker pointed out a number of boats bought with PPP money. My guess is they bought with cash they pulled from home equity.
That’s my thought as well home equity

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
How long ago? The same banker pointed out a number of boats bought with PPP money. My guess is they bought with cash they pulled from home equity.

All that means is that these boats were bought with cash though - as @DWC stated… regardless of if it came from PPP or home equity.

I think sitting around waiting for a boat crash on new custom boats isn’t happening. As you said, they will never get cheaper. They will continue to raise prices, keeping the used market afloat.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Saw a 07 Howard listed yesterday for $215K
It did have a new outdrive. Use it for 16 years and break even. Boats have been a great investment!
No way a 07 Howard was 215k unless it had crazy power. Use it for 16 years and make 40k on the deal is more like it.

Anyone remember when RD had the Howard deck deal fairly loaded with a 496HO for like 95k in this same time frame....If we could all go back in time:D

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No way a 07 Howard was 215k unless it had crazy power. Use it for 16 years and make 40k on the deal is more like it.

Anyone remember when RD had the Howard deck deal fairly loaded with a 496HO for like 95k in this same time frame....If we could all go back in time:D

Spending $100K on a boat is crazy!!!

NicPaus

Reaction score

I said break even. As in storage, fuel and insurance.