WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Common Sense From Andy Griffith

Reaction score
For you non-FB ers othe there maybe someone on here can figure out how to bypass FB to post this on here.

Not sure if this is the post that you're referring too but, it's great advice.

"You can't let a young’n decide for himself. He'll grab at the first flashy thing with shiny ribbons on it. Then, when he finds out there's a hook in it, it's too late. Wrong ideas come packaged with so much glitter that it's hard to convince ‘em that other things might be better in the long run. All a parent can do is say 'wait' and 'trust me' and try to keep temptation away."

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the post that you're referring too but, it's great advice.

"You can't let a young’n decide for himself. He'll grab at the first flashy thing with shiny ribbons on it. Then, when he finds out there's a hook in it, it's too late. Wrong ideas come packaged with so much glitter that it's hard to convince ‘em that other things might be better in the long run. All a parent can do is say 'wait' and 'trust me' and try to keep temptation away."
That’s the one.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Or how a Russian Orthodox priest explained it to me around 1982 when he picked me up hitch hiking in Bridgeport, CA. when my TR7 blew it's motor:

"Young men look for woman who looks like Keno girl, but beauty is on inside, not outside, outside is wrong place to look"

He was a hoot! When he found out I was a mechanic he asked about the car he was driving us in when he picked me up, a Chevy Chevette Diesel:

"When I push gas to make car go, car not go"

lol, It was hard to explain nothing was wrong, his car was just gutless. He drove me to the Reno Airport so I could fly back to Burbank.