WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Water is way up this morning!

20240423_062718.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Up on the coast trying to track down @Tank . 😁. Weather is a little cooler than Havasu.
View attachment 1363677 View attachment 1363678
Don, you at the Zachary’s dunes resort I think it’s called now? How long you gonna be there? I’m off tomorrow. Just sitting home waiting for the new car to get delivered. 🫣

You’re a mile from my house. I can run the golf cart over. You’re always welcome to take it and check things out with the fam too. Whatever works. 😁👍

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Don, you at the Zachary’s dunes resort I think it’s called now? How long you gonna be there? I’m off tomorrow. Just sitting home waiting for the new car to get delivered. 🫣

You’re a mile from my house. I can run the golf cart over. You’re always welcome to take it and check things out with the fam too. Whatever works. 😁👍
Yeah, quick trip into town. SOB, I’ve stayed in the Marriott by off the 101 the last dozen times in town. Never knew this place was here. Great spot, decent restaurant, I’ll definitely be back.
Working for a few hours in the morning. The rest of the group is hitting the Northwest. I’m starting vacation and heading back to Havasu.

Tank

Reaction score
Yeah, quick trip into town. SOB, I’ve stayed in the Marriott by off the 101 the last dozen times in town. Never knew this place was here. Great spot, decent restaurant, I’ll definitely be back.
Working for a few hours in the morning. The rest of the group is hitting the Northwest. I’m starting vacation and heading back to Havasu.
Let me know next time sooner. Like I said we can hook up for lunch and I can take you around on the cart. I can literally walk to that hotel.

IMG_6334.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Let me know next time sooner. Like I said we can hook up for lunch and I can take you around on the cart. I can literally walk to that hotel.

View attachment 1363709
Absolutely will do. Looking forward to getting back up in the area. You’ve got a beautiful stretch of coast up here. Bummed we blew through so fast.
I’m just a guest on this trip. Boss was in charge of this week’s agenda. He’s putting some new talent through the paces. 😁

4Waters

Reaction score
This is what it's all about and why I enjoy coaching. I am once again one of the shotput coaches for our local youth club track team. I love being a positive role model to these kids and helping them become the best they can.

This girl started in 2022 and she was a firecracker, lots of attitude, incredible strength, a little angry at times and a TON of talent. We helped mold her and channel her attitude into throwing and she has turned out to be one of the top throwers in our conference, she is 2nd this year and is only 2.75" behind 1st. She is a little hard on herself but is one of the happiest throwers and now has her sights set on kill for varsity finals next Sat to take 1st for our conference and I know she can do it. For the record this 11yo girl has thrown a 6lbs shot 25' 7.5" this year, we have a 14yo (she is an amazing story of her own) girl that is in 1st for her age group that threw the same weight shotput 25' 8". Lilly has a 26' in her, I know it. Actually both of these girls have a 26' in them.

She got one for each of us (3) coaches.

20240425_204338.jpg
20240425_204344.jpg
20240425_204359.jpg
20240425_204413.jpg

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If you are ever in Vegas on a Thursday night, go see The Regulators at The Barbershop in the Cosmopolitan. This is the second time we've seen them. So freeking fun!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Last spring I was at Ace Hardware buying some seeds for a first time gardening attempt . . . . I saw 'Artichokes', knew zero about them, and planted a few anyways . . . no clue what I was doing.
They sort of took off in the fall, and I divided up a few, and moved them around, not thinking much about it. . . .

3-4 sort of took over part of the tiny garden I had going . . . then the other day I noticed these . . . . :oops: . . . there's 11 on one bush !!! . . .🤷‍♂️

Not sure if they'll be worth a damn to eat . . . guess it doesn't matter since I've never cooked one before !!! LOL . . .

_DSC9593.JPG

_DSC9598.JPG

Last edited: