WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Daily Price Decreases on LH Property

Havasu Secret

Speed Alley 100MPH Club
Reaction score
Well it's finally happening. I am getting at least 8 to 10 emails a day from Zillow.com on price reductions from $10,000 and more on properties that are listed for sale in Lake Havasu. Resort towns like Lake Havasu, are the first to adjust down and soon this will spread to a city near us all. The ridiculous increases in property values over the last 5 years, are finally coming to an end. Hold out a bit if your are even thinking of buying and save yourself 10's of thousands of dollars. Now that's good reverse inflation !!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240105_144145_Chrome.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well it's finally happening. I am getting at least 8 to 10 emails a day from Zillow.com on price reductions from $10,000 and more on properties that are listed for sale in Lake Havasu. Resort towns like Lake Havasu, are the first to adjust down and soon this will spread to a city near us all. The ridiculous increases in property values over the last 5 years, are finally coming to an end. Hold out a bit if your are even thinking of buying and save yourself 10's of thousands of dollars. Now that's good reverse inflation !!!

You also have to realize that a lot of people are listing them a tad over what they are worth in the hopes to catch the last bit of the craze..

For those all saying it’s gonna crash.. this is the pending land sales from yesterday..

Most of these will be new builds soon.

IMG_0686.jpeg

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Yes sir I had 3 offers out 6 months ago and there calling back . All equity is going away

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
To be 100% clear I hope the prices not only here but everywhere come down. I don’t see how normal people can afford a house anymore? The prices are crazy..

If we didn’t buy when we did we would be living in a much different house.

RD
It’s crazy in California they priced out everything

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
To be 100% clear I hope the prices not only here but everywhere come down. I don’t see how normal people can afford a house anymore? The prices are crazy..

RD
I have a feeling the Fed will drop rates in September causing a new Feeding Frenzy on housing. I hope you're right about pricing coming down!! $6,000 per month mortgages aren't sustainable! My dumpy house in OC is now approximately 1,200% over what we paid for it in 1996. (It has almost doubled in price since before Covid) Paychecks surely haven't kept pace with these rates of return!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have a feeling the Fed will drop rates in September causing a new Feeding Frenzy on housing. I hope you're right about pricing coming down!! $6,000 per month mortgages aren't sustainable! My dumpy house in OC is now approximately 1,200% over what we paid for it in 1996. (It has almost doubled in price since before Covid) Paychecks surely haven't kept pace with these rates of return!
They will drop rates to make it look like FJB did something for the little people just before the election.

LuauLounge

Reaction score

RD
That can be said just about anywhere and anytime.
If you buy and have to sell, you may get stung.

Reactions: DWC

Englewood

Reaction score
You are suggesting someone continue to rent in an effort save "tens of thousands"? Have you done the math on that?

zhandfull

Reaction score

I agree, have posted in another thread three or four house that have recently sold. All less than they sold for two or three years ago. Still a lot of room for prices to drop. Remember not everyone paid top dollar in the last four years.

Just make those disrespectful offers! All a seller can do is say no. If they say no, move on to a more motivated seller. I’m a firm believer if an offer doesn’t work out, that something better will come along.

DLC

Reaction score
Tonight on my way home from work

I was listening to am 640 Tim Conway show

He said that 41% of house holds in the Inland Empire are having difficulties paying for monthly essentials ….

DWC

Reaction score
You are suggesting someone continue to rent in an effort save "tens of thousands"? Have you done the math on that?
The math will “almost” never work out on waiting. I’d never do it on a primary residence. If you rent, real estate fees, moving expenses, you’d have to time it perfectly. Waiting on a vacation home could be worth depending on the person. I turned 57 this year. I wouldn’t give up a couple years of family memories to save a few bucks long term.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Tonight on my way home from work

I was listening to am 640 Tim Conway show

He said that 41% of house holds in the Inland Empire are having difficulties paying for monthly essentials ….
I can relate. The scary part is I have very little debt. Can’t imagine having a large house payment, couple car payments, and credit cards rolling over monthly.

JFMFG

Reaction score

quick Google

View attachment 1386315
I can’t see that being right. Sunday we went to Ontario mills mall. I usually go for the volcolm store when I need new shorts they have good deals plus my kid loves the Lego store. That place is still packed people walking around with multiple bags. We all know there is quite a bit of rift raft there. If they’re able to still buy then I’m not worried yet. Unless that’s the state check kicking in it was early in the month come to think of it. 🤔

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I can’t see that being right. Sunday we went to Ontario mills mall. I usually go for the volcolm store when I need new shorts they have good deals plus my kid loves the Lego store. That place is still packed people walking around with multiple bags. We all know there is quite a bit of rift raft there. If they’re able to still buy then I’m not worried yet. Unless that’s the state check kicking in it was early in the month come to think of it. 🤔
Those with the inability to make good financial choices will always still be able to buy, it's their ability to pay that changes. I watch this kid Caleb Hammer on YouTube and the amount of idiots that try to justify why they needed the Dodge Charger with the $800 a month payment at 21% interest when they can't afford rent is unreal.

satellitemike

Reaction score
I agree, have posted in another thread three or four house that have recently sold. All less than they sold for two or three years ago. Still a lot of room for prices to drop. Remember not everyone paid top dollar in the last four years.

Just make those disrespectful offers! All a seller can do is say no. If they say no, move on to a more motivated seller. I’m a firm believer if an offer doesn’t work out, that something better will come along.
This is a prime example of a "motivated" seller. Listed at 1M which is crazy in my simple mind but sold for 700K which I find a bit more reasonable.
The 3 D's are the only way to buy, Death, Divorce, or Dispare!

Wedgy

Reaction score
Ex sold the Escondido pad. Cleared $200K. Good for her.Ha!
If she only woulda waited a year. !°°!
Lol.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
This is a prime example of a "motivated" seller. Listed at 1M which is crazy in my simple mind but sold for 700K which I find a bit more reasonable.
The 3 D's are the only way to buy, Death, Divorce, or Dispare!
I wish I had Googled my seller's name before I put my offer in. After escrow closed I happened to google the owners and found Mr.'s mugshot from a prostitution arrest which apparently was about a month before the house went on the market. I think I could have knocked some more off of my offer. Live and learn.

badgas

Reaction score

If you want to do you research on how to reply to this thread we have a nice cheat page for you all.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I wish I had Googled my seller's name before I put my offer in. After escrow closed I happened to google the owners and found Mr.'s mugshot from a prostitution arrest which apparently was about a month before the house went on the market. I think I could have knocked some more off of my offer. Live and learn.
I always investigate a seller, it gives me the tools I need to negotiate.

EarpRider

Reaction score

C-2

Reaction score
Could it be the 7% interest rates? 🤣
We bought our house in 93 and had perfect credit, zero debt and 2 kick ass jobs and our rate was 8.5.

I wonder what the new rate cap will be for the next 15-20 years...can anybody guesstimate?