WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Genesis Powerlite 2815T

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well I went and kicked some tires and this checked most the boxes. Pick it up the 24th. Hitch should be here the 17th. Doing wiring today.
Kids are stoked, wife lost on on getting her grand design bunkhouse. But she is excited to Start making reservations.

So my first stop was Blue Star RV dealt with Rob. Pretty cool guy no complaints so far. Went to Pink Flamingo and met Justin the co owner. Talk about a good dude. We tried hard to make a deal and I was close to paying much more just so I could give him my business. But in the end he admitted I would be a fool not to go back to Blue Star for this deal.

If you are in the market please give Pink Flamingo a shot you won’t be sorry.

IMG_3077.jpeg
IMG_3076.jpeg

JFMFG

Reaction score
Very nice. Time to make some memories

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Oh and FML. Trying to move the hunting trailer around in the back yard to make room. I did this. Scheduled to be fixed this Friday 💰
70810767643__13F3536F-77F9-469C-A6F2-0BDAD540AFC4.jpeg

JFMFG

Reaction score

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So bitchen. Good amount of cargo storage for that size also.
Yes it’s a small trailer which we wanted but still has enough room and features. Wife wanted the 4 door fridge and I wanted artic package (which I may add myself). Hopefully the 7.3 will handle it well. Hope the brochure tongue weight is off that seems high. I want to avoid helper bags.
The GVWR isn’t accurate as it has 7k axles. So with pin weight added in this should be good for 16k. Not that I will ever get close to that.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Congrats! That’s a great looking trailer.

We just got our first motorhome but have been camping for 30 years. Went through and started making a long list of places to visit based on recs on here.

And I’m sure I can speak on behalf of most on here, post pics of your adventures.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Congrats! That’s a great looking trailer.

We just got our first motorhome but have been camping for 30 years. Went through and started making a long list of places to visit based on recs on here.

And I’m sure I can speak on behalf of most on here, post pics of your adventures.
This is RV number 4 since 2013. We take lots of pictures.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
When is the decal stripping party? Nice find! Interested on your towing experience and MPG with the 7.3, should be a great setup.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Not sure about Stripping the decals as it probably will ghost already. You volunteering to help?
When is the decal stripping party? Nice find! Interested on your towing experience and MPG with the 7.3, should be a great setup.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
The trailer is new? Park it in the sun in the morning and start peeling the side facing the sun after an hour or two. There will be a little yellow tint under some of them but the sun will make it fade fairly quickly. There shouldn’t be any ghosting.

If you drag it to Phoenix I would be glad to
Help, lol.

I probably had about 2 8 hour days getting everything off of my trailer, the front cap was the worst. Everything else came off pretty easily.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I did my stealth and it wasn’t to bad. That trailer was only a few weeks me old and you could see where they were if you looked close.

I think this trailer has sat at the dealer for a long time even though it’s a ‘23.

I will probably pull of the Powerlite stickers and see how it goes.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I did my stealth and it wasn’t to bad. That trailer was only a few weeks me old and you could see where they were if you looked close.

I think this trailer has sat at the dealer for a long time even though it’s a ‘23.

I will probably pull of the Powerlite stickers and see how it goes.
Mine was about 6 months old when I purchased, you should be good. Might have to start the edges with a plastic razor blade and use a little heat.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Oh and FML. Trying to move the hunting trailer around in the back yard to make room. I did this. Scheduled to be fixed this Friday 💰 View attachment 1240733

I can't tell how deep that is or if it's paint from what you hit, but a good compound might take most of that out. I've had really good luck with rubbing compounds. Congrats on the new rig.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I can't tell how deep that is or if it's paint from what you hit, but a good compound might take most of that out. I've had really good luck with rubbing compounds. Congrats on the new rig.
It was down to the metal. Already fixed.
If anyone the HD needs paint work I got a guy. $250 and it’s good as new.
IMG_3098.jpeg

Badchoices03

Reaction score
This trailer looks very similar to the one I just got, interior looks identical, mine just doesnt have the slideout in the bedroom

trai.jpg
3714ce3c1e9fddc4ee67cae81b3fc704.jpeg
fp.jpg

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I saw your post on FB on your maiden voyage. Looks the same to me from the stairs back. I have a different bedroom and bathroom. But I Ike your interior colors better.

What are you towing with and did you add bags?
Oh nice, you must be on the Genesis owners FB page...yeah I have only took it out once so far..

I tow it with a 2016 F250 6.7...no bags yet, it seems to sit pretty good, I haven't pulled it with the Talon and dirtbikes in it yet, I am guessing that will take even more weight off the pin...

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Supposedly tomorrow is pick up day. Hopefully they got our small punch list handled and don’t play games with the numbers last minute.

Dealers communication is horrible so far.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Supposedly tomorrow is pick up day. Hopefully they got our small punch list handled and don’t play games with the numbers last minute.

Dealers communication is horrible so far.
Awesome. Get that thing out on the road and enjoy it. I wish we used ours now as much as we did in the beginning. Planning ahead is always the hardest part.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Awesome. Get that thing out on the road and enjoy it. I wish we used ours now as much as we did in the beginning. Planning ahead is always the hardest part.
We already have reservations at Paradise by the Sea, Menifee lakes, and Silver Lake resort.

Reactions: t&y

CLdrinker

Reaction score
7.3 does extremely well on flat ground 8th gear 2500rpm 65 no problem.

Cajon pass was 60mph at 4500rpm. Forgot to look at the gear. I was in it pretty hard to be honest. But there was more left.

boatnam2

Reaction score
7.3 does extremely well on flat ground 8th gear 2500rpm 65 no problem.

Cajon pass was 60mph at 4500rpm. Forgot to look at the gear. I was in it pretty hard to be honest. But there was more left.
how was the sag on truck?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
how was the sag on truck?
To much. It doesn’t have to have bags. But I’m getting them. It sits just below level. This trailer has a bunch of tongue weight more than longer trailers. The set them up nose heavy expecting a bunch of cargo.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Pin seems back pretty far. But I’m no expert.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’m freaking beat. All the stickers off except rear door. Most goo is all off, the driver side done and some of the entry side is left. Not going to finish today.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
That looks really good, I wanted to do that to mine, the wife and kid say no becuase everyone has all white trailers now...I may just remove the red parts...not sure.

How long did it take you?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
That looks really good, I wanted to do that to mine, the wife and kid say no becuase everyone has all white trailers now...I may just remove the red parts...not sure.

How long did it take you?
If the stickers are new, figure a day for each side and a day for the front cap and back door working alone at a reasonable pace if it’s warm and the trailer is parked in the sun. This is on a fiberglass trailer, the trailers with metal siding take longer, I’d damn near double it in that case.

After the decals have had a year or more in the sun to bake, prepare for hours and hours of hell. Did I mention hours of hell?

Two guys getting after it can do it in a day.

Then add however long it takes you to wash and wax or add ceramic.