WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I've been so many things,

dread Pirate

Reaction score
The old Homer Simpson line,,, I've managed to learn a lot of things through life, but this is the first attempt at flooring. We figured it was 17 years ago when I came home to all the carpet in the driveway. Wife had enough and tore it out. She wanted hardwood and it just kept getting pushed back. Last summer I happened to be in the right spot at the right time and snatched up 1800sf of this red oak at a great price. Plenty to do the downstairs. With the kids out of school for the week I decided it was time and we dove in. Repainted after Christmas, so the whole house looks fresh. I have a long way to go, but wow what a difference. Feels like a home and not just a cabin in the woods. My arms are jello from swinging the mallet and my back hates me. I'm going to try and catch up on other things for a couple days and get back to it after the weekend.

I have a new respect for the flooring trade. 🤘

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Trades have their place and are a much needed skill but homeowners doing quality work on their own place is a lost art. I taught my son to overbuild slightly more than code because he’s only doing one at a time and the extra cost is negligible. So far, he’s remodeled 3 of his homes with a little help from pops; architecture, framing, plumbing, electrical, finish carpentry, tiling, you name it. And each 9ne is better than the last. Homeowner pride in a job well done.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Trades have their place and are a much needed skill but homeowners doing quality work on their own place is a lost art. I taught my son to overbuild slightly more than code because he’s only doing one at a time and the extra cost is negligible. So far, he’s remodeled 3 of his homes with a little help from pops; architecture, framing, plumbing, electrical, finish carpentry, tiling, you name it. And each 9ne is better than the last. Homeowner pride in a job well done.

Yes sir! We bought the place from one of my uncles best friends growing up. He built it and had access to timber. It's post & pier but the amount of concrete and rebar is almost hilarious. 12x12" posts and 2x14" joists, etc, Place doesn't move during earthquakes. Everything is overbuilt.