WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LASD Palmdale Deputy Murdered On Duty

HCP3

Reaction score
Screenshot_20230918-101928.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not a big guy, kind of doughy and long hair. He's going to be popular until his court date.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
The amount of restraint all those Deputies showed is incredible. The fact that he got in the car without getting a bruise, cut, or shoulder popped out of socket is VERY commendable based on the emotions that had to be running through those Deputies.

This will happen in the jail, rest assured.

Very fine work by these Deputies this morning.

PlanB

Reaction score
This will happen in the jail, rest assured.

Very fine work by these Deputies this morning.
Hopefully they have in isolation cell he can be housed in permanently. We had some nasty Alcatraz like cells in our old Central Jail that we would put the worst shitbags in. No windows and the deputies control the lights. You could keep them in the dark 24 hours a day and they only came out in the middle of the night for one hour to get a shower and yard time. Almost total isolation.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
His mom shouldn't live another day without worrying about whether it's safe to step outside or not. The general public has the power to make her life unbearable.
Was he living at home? How old a guy is he?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So, honest question for anyone on here in LE… how far away is “person of interest” away from “suspect”?

I don’t like the LACSD getting killed any more than the rest of you (and my cousin is OCSD), and I’d have the same feelings about this guy if they straight up called him a suspect. But I’m a little concerned when they refer to him only as person of interest that he’s not potentially the perpetrator.

If they change it later to suspect then the question is moot. Again this is an honest question about the process being followed only.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
His mom shouldn't live another day without worrying about whether it's safe to step outside or not. The general public has the power to make her life unbearable.
Did I miss something in this thread???

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
So, honest question for anyone on here in LE… how far away is “person of interest” away from “suspect”?

I don’t like the LACSD getting killed any more than the rest of you (and my cousin is OCSD), and I’d have the same feelings about this guy if they straight up called him a suspect. But I’m a little concerned when they refer to him only as person of interest that he’s not potentially the perpetrator.

If they change it later to suspect then the question is moot. Again this is an honest question about the process being followed only.

Just one take..

"Person of interest" is vague on purpose. Until ya have the bad guy ya want to control the flow of info...keep the potential crook guessing, and avoid having the media screw things up...which the do, frequently.

Backlash

Reaction score
The term "Never let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" comes to mind.

Law enforcement personnel have to conduct their investigations according to laws, policies and procedures. Searching databases, utilizing law enforcement resources, etc.....are all scrutinized and must be on a "Need to know" basis.

Other entities, like the media, do not necessarily have to follow the same play book. If an overzealous bottom-feeding "Reporter" can search and locate information pertaining to an event of this magnitude, they will capitalize on it simply to be "The first to break the story." They don't care how they get the information or who they have to swindle to get it......as long as they get it.

The last thing any law enforcement agency wants to do is let the intended subject of an investigation know what's going on. The element of surprise is paramount in apprehending these turds.

HCP3

Reaction score
Was he living at home? How old a guy is he?

Did I miss something in this thread???

Yes, he lived with his mom. He is 29 years old. She says he is schizophrenic and he quit taken his meds ten months ago. She also had no idea he had a gun.

His mom is acting like he is the victim of mental health care.

wzuber

Reaction score
Yes, he lived with his mom. He is 29 years old. She says he is schizophrenic and he quit taken his meds ten months ago. She also had no idea he had a gun.

His mom is acting like he is the victim of mental health care.
So...she's been coached already....
Interesting, my aunt was schizo. Institutionalized mostly. Died in her mid 40' due to the drugs I recall being told. She never killed or harmed anyone except scared the crap out of me as a 10yr. old boy when she flipped out and falsly accussed me of stealing her car keys,which she didn't have.
Maybe we should bring back the mental hospitals to help deal with these mentally damaged people?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Interesting, my aunt was schizo. Institutionalized mostly. Died in her mid 40' due to the drugs I recall being told. She never killed or harmed anyone except scared the crap out of me as a 10yr. old boy when she flipped out and falsly accussed me of stealing her car keys,which she didn't have.
Maybe we should bring back the mental hospitals to help deal with these mentally damaged people?

I vote he dies of lead poisoning.

Best way to deal with him. 👍🏼

HCP3

Reaction score

It would put a huge dent in the homeless problem.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
He was already convicted and found to be not clinically insane?
That was fast.

pixrthis

Reaction score
RDP is not a representation of CA voters. For every person agreeing with you there are 2 that don’t, and the people agreeing with you are the ones leaving.
Even though many republicans leave California a big threat to the rest of the country are democrats leaving California who continue to vote democrat in their new states. Austin and Nashville are examples how changing the outcomes of local elections begin to turn a city's direction to the bad. Arizona is at a tipping point and that is probably the worst thing that could happen there.
If the guy is the guy I wish he would of resisted with a weapon so we could just be done with him.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I believe the mental illness problem is primarily caused by drug use which unfortunately hurts the people who are truly mentallay ill. I might be wrong but it appears that drug use is rampant in the homeless community.
I would say 90% are drug induced schizophrenic that are homeless. They might of been a little off and the drugs sent them over the edge to full schizophrenic.

In this case I don't think it matters. Euthanize him.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Too much mess to clean up...

Put em on a retired cruise ship on auto pilot.

Destination?

The south pole.
You could always make them the test articles for sending humans to mars. If they are homeless they are used to not eating much which would save all kinds of resources on the rocket ride there.

Just be sure the rocket blows up after it gets there so there’s no way it can come back. Send another batch to test and see if it was a coincidence or not.

TCHB

Reaction score
Sounds like this guy is a mental case. Where did he get the gun?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I believe the mental illness problem is primarily caused by drug use which unfortunately hurts the people who are truly mentallay ill. I might be wrong but it appears that drug use is rampant in the homeless community.
Lol
Drug use created the so called “homeless” of today.
“Homeless” is the absolute worst of misnomers ever.
99% of them “had” a home before they got ran off because every single person in their lives got sick of it.
Junkies get tossed out of their homes, they don’t become “homeless” then become a junkie.

TCHB

Reaction score
Can not believe
Lol
Drug use created the so called “homeless” of today.
“Homeless” is the absolute worst of misnomers ever.
99% of them “had” a home before they got ran off because every single person in their lives got sick of it.
Junkies get tossed out of their homes, they don’t become “homeless” then become a junkie
You should watch Netflix. Painkiller

Joker

Reaction score
We’re on 2 pages of a cop that got killed but have the same number of pages on a boat that went astray north of pirates.
Anyone here see a problem with what matters and who’s willing to do something about it?
Listen to the deputies fiancé during her interview today and make your decision.
This guy being in custody doesn’t help the sheriffs dept. and their grieving.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
We’re on 2 pages of a cop that got killed but have the same number of pages on a boat that went astray north of pirates.
Anyone here see a problem with what matters and who’s willing to do something about it?
Listen to the deputies fiancé during her interview today and make your decision.
This guy being in custody doesn’t help the sheriffs dept. and their grieving.
Well, the average attention span on RDP on almost any subject is 2-3 pages tops.
There are exceptions of course.
When cops get killed we typically see a few pages of highly charged emotions and theories on killing suspects and perpetrators.
But then, being a boating site, a new unobtainable boat or sxs thread starts, or a horn dog booby thread, and the outrage is set aside and forgotten.
This is true for any subject that involves what the mob sees as injustice.
But by page two the mob is usually calling for the murder of the suspects parents. (This thread is no exception)

Bottom line, the number of pages generated on a boating site is not going to change anything either. It isn’t an applicable metric.
We go on for page after page about political injustice, cop killings, all kinds of loss and destruction…and at the end of the day we do nothing. (Well, some actually do stuff, we just don’t talk about it on an open source public forum accessible by 8 billion people…)
RDP can find stolen cars, and track down bicycles Or recommend restaurants.
What it can not do is solve California’s internal problems.
Not in 2 pages or 200 pages.

boatpi

Reaction score
Gas can was dishonest when he was on LAPD. I don’t get into detail, but he held up a promotional list under a court order that didn’t apply and trying to get Hispanics promoted prematurely.

Brief investigation he lied about to, but the good investigation found out he tried to go around the system, and the next people in line got promoted not the ones that he wanted. Azzhole.

Dishonest POS I never worked around them, but no one liked him. Snake.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
The problem here is that 99 pct of the people will forget about this deputy within a week
This is pretty true. Most lives go on unless some direct connections are there. My daughter worked at junior Gaurds with him at our lake. Said he was the nicest person. Would go the extra for anyone and everyone. Has some good friends who very close to him and his fiancé.
I see the picture of him and they all look so similar. So young ☹️ It could easily be my SIL Or anyone of you out there.
Fd up times we live in for sure.

Last edited:

500bbc

Reaction score
Parents?
They knew he was off his meds.
They knew he was violent.
They had firearms in the house...

Joker

Reaction score
I’m at a loss here. So now the family is suing the county for 20 million because their son was over worked because of mandatory overtime and he couldn’t have been alert enough to see the perp approaching his car? Nobody with 16 hours sleep could have been prepared for that.
So the 20 million now takes away from the counties ability to properly staff the department and puts current deputies in further danger. How is the family helping current officers?
Lastly for any LEO, if you’re killed on duty does the department have some sort of insurance for your family or do you rely on some type of life insurance?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I’m at a loss here. So now the family is suing the county for 20 million because their son was over worked because of mandatory overtime and he couldn’t have been alert enough to see the perp approaching his car? Nobody with 16 hours sleep could have been prepared for that.
So the 20 million now takes away from the counties ability to properly staff the department and puts current deputies in further danger. How is the family helping current officers?
Lastly for any LEO, if you’re killed on duty does the department have some sort of insurance for your family or do you rely on some type of life insurance?
That's REALLY bullshit since his dad and Grandpa were LEO and I can guarantee you they had mandatory OT as well at imes. I know my uncle did when he was in Burbank PD.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

I’m told Phoenix PD will give your family $1 million cash if you’re killed in the line of duty

beerrun

Reaction score
We had a friend married to CHP killed in the line of duty she got 1 million dollars. Married another CHP he retired died within 6mos of retirement and she got another 1 million dollars