WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Countdown Has Has Begun.....

River Runnin

Reaction score
Well mates! Here’s me latest update. In home care discharged me this past Thursday. Not much more they can help me with that I can’t do on my own. They’re referring me to cardiac rehab where I’ll be on machines and plugged into heart monitors and shit, they said it’s a very good program. I just haven’t been doing much better since that setback, but I’m still working at it. Think I’m gonna have me a bottle of wine! —- waiting for rehab to call! ….

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well mates! Here’s me latest update. In home care discharged me this past Thursday. Not much more they can help me with that I can’t do on my own. They’re referring me to cardiac rehab where I’ll be on machines and plugged into heart monitors and shit, they said it’s a very good program. I just haven’t been doing much better since that setback, but I’m still working at it. Think I’m gonna have me a bottle of wine! —- waiting for rehab to call! ….

I coulda swore I saw your Hummer out driving around the other day.. I hope you are feeling better!

RD

River Runnin

Reaction score
I coulda swore I saw your Hummer out driving around the other day.. I hope you are feeling better!

RD
great! Now I gotta run to the other place (haven’t been yet) to see if I have to report it stolen! o_O I haven’t been able to drive yet, but as soon as I Get my por table O2 unit — th will change! :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
great! Now I gotta run to the other place (haven’t been yet) to see if I have to report it stolen! o_O I haven’t been able to drive yet, but as soon as I Get my por table O2 unit — th will change! :)

If nobody else is driving it, you might want to have someone check on it.. Because I sincerely doubt there are two similar to yours in Havasu.. Burgundy / roof rack / rear lights / ultra right bumper stickers etc.. When I say I'm 90% positive.. I'd say it's more like 100% positive it was yours. It's a hunting fishing rig

RD

River Runnin

Reaction score
If nobody else is driving it, you might want to have someone check on it.. Because I sincerely doubt there are two similar to yours in Havasu.. Burgundy / roof rack / rear lights / ultra right bumper stickers etc.. When I say I'm 90% positive.. I'd say it's more like 100% positive it was yours. It's a hunting fishing rig

RD
I’ll post a pic or two later, but no bumper stickers. Two ladders on back, a big tire, two tool boxes mounted (rear on rack) faded paint and scratched (brush) also a shovel and fire axe mounted to side of rack? — but will try to go look in next couple days! Thanks for the heads up!

1702518515694.jpeg

early pic I posted on site

Last edited:

River Runnin

Reaction score
Me New Year‘s update! Unless someone drops out, my rehab won’t start till the first of February. Just talked to a very close friend that has went through the same thing as me, even the 1 out of 3 graph’s clogging up. He said it’s taken him nearly 2 1/2 years to really start feeling normal again! I’m still hoping to put the boat in the water this year!

River Runnin

Reaction score
I’m about 2 weeks away from starting cardiac rehab. I try to lay down on the bed 2-3 times a day but can only take about an hour each time, as the pain just kicks my ass! My life is this chair I’m strapped to. I look out the glass wall sun up to sun down everyday and have never given up hope of being out in it again! I had labs today and it was just an awesome day out there today! - actually made me a bit sad that I’m not able to do for myself, share days out in them with my wife, and even drive again! A few days ago I was messaged asking if I would be able to help out again with this years race season! — for those that don’t know, I’ve volunteered my boat and operated it for WMI RESCUE since River Dave last 360 Enduro Well over 10 years. Anyway it was very sad to reply that I was unable to commit at this time and really unsure of my boating future. But no matter how many times I take one on the chin! I still haven’t opened a bottle to drown in a pity Party! If it wasn’t for my wife, and her caring for me, I’m sure it would be a different story! Obituary of unreadable! So sorry for my little party tonight! But I do remain hopeful and trying to get better!

HBCraig

Reaction score
I’m about 2 weeks away from starting cardiac rehab. I try to lay down on the bed 2-3 times a day but can only take about an hour each time, as the pain just kicks my ass! My life is this chair I’m strapped to. I look out the glass wall sun up to sun down everyday and have never given up hope of being out in it again! I had labs today and it was just an awesome day out there today! - actually made me a bit sad that I’m not able to do for myself, share days out in them with my wife, and even drive again! A few days ago I was messaged asking if I would be able to help out again with this years race season! — for those that don’t know, I’ve volunteered my boat and operated it for WMI RESCUE since River Dave last 360 Enduro Well over 10 years. Anyway it was very sad to reply that I was unable to commit at this time and really unsure of my boating future. But no matter how many times I take one on the chin! I still haven’t opened a bottle to drown in a pity Party! If it wasn’t for my wife, and her caring for me, I’m sure it would be a different story! Obituary of unreadable! So sorry for my little party tonight! But I do remain hopeful and trying to get better!
Can't believe I missed this thread.
I don't know you but I sincerely hope you start to feel better very soon

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When it comes down to it, you're still here and still fighting. If cardiac rehab is like other types of physical rehab, the first few days will suck, and you'll wonder what kind of kinky bondage crap they're in to. Day 4 or 5, will be a turning point, cresting the hill you've been climbing. There's always bumps in the road, but you're still rolling 😉

Backlash

Reaction score
@River Runnin

Lots of folks are pulling for you even if we don't click on this thread or constantly message you. Keep your head up and plan for the long haul! Focus on that upcoming rehab and get through that one day at a time! Once you finish that up, on to the next hurdle! Baby steps my friend!!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us and for allowing us to be a part of your life. My best friend always says....

"Keep on keeping on!" 👍

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Thanks for checking in. Always looking for updates. It’s okay to be mad, or sad. Looks like you’re trying to get your pieces of happiness where you can.👍
Props to your wife, that’s a tough job!
I know this lady. She’s 102 years old.
When I see her I always ask,
How ya doin Aunt Jo?
Her response is always the same.
“Every day’s a contest.”

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Bob.. You've been on my mind. I'm glad you have your wife by your side, you have a good one. Stay positive

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Bob. Good to hear that you have a date ahead of you. Hoping that it gives you the strength to get back into the activities that you miss doing. 👍 Be sure to post up if you need anything!!!!!

River Runnin

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Bob. Good to hear that you have a date ahead of you. Hoping that it gives you the strength to get back into the activities that you miss doing. 👍 Be sure to post up if you need anything!!!!!
Funny you should mention it! There’s a 2 to 3 inch step into (through the doors) of the shed. I’m not sure the best route to take, but! I need to be able to get in on my electric chair. I first thought a wood bullnose, but then thought a cement ramp might be much better. I’d want the wheels ramp across both doors. Any thoughts? Bids? Or referral would be most appreciated!

IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
A 16" rip of 3/4" plywood, leading edge beveled. A 2x4 running across the back. Depends on the wheelchair though. The 6 wheel ones, with the drives in the center, they may need a longer approach to not "high center".

My Mom's house had a 7/16ths rise for the retrofit sliding door, then a 3" drop to the patio deck. She was wheelchair bound, but wanted to go on her patio on sunny days. Made the exterior ramp about 24", and used base board for the interior.

River Runnin

Reaction score
A 16" rip of 3/4" plywood, leading edge beveled. A 2x4 running across the back. Depends on the wheelchair though. The 6 wheel ones, with the drives in the center, they may need a longer approach to not "high center".

My Mom's house had a 7/16ths rise for the retrofit sliding door, then a 3" drop to the patio deck. She was wheelchair bound, but wanted to go on her patio on sunny days. Made the exterior ramp about 24", and used base board for the interior.
I like that! I like it a lot! Much cleaner and better than cement, and can be glued down.
thank you for that suggestion! — now to measure from jam to jam and see if Home Depot can make the cut/rip!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I like that! I like it a lot! Much cleaner and better than cement, and can be glued down.
thank you for that suggestion! — now to measure from jam to jam and see if Home Depot can make the cut/rip!
You can use gate hook kindof hardware at the ends to hold it to the base or door sill. For that matter, a couple angle brackets and some screws.

River Runnin

Reaction score

RD
I finally seen it! And you are correct! It did have a GOBI rack on it - BLANK! - no tire, tool boxes, hi-lift Jack, or side mounted tools (fire axe & shovel) or any lights! - front or rear! But there was two things we had in common! The color and both desert dirty! In all the years since I’ve had mine (new and original owner) that may have been the 5th H2 I’ve seen with the same GOBI rack! With a ladder or two, it could sure be a fine start for something special! :)

River Runnin

Reaction score
I finally started cardiac rehab. Scheduled for 3 days a week, they weren’t hesitant to say that I was gonna need more time that I’ve been allowed by my insurance. But I’m pretty sure we can get it extended! Anyway! Yesterday was my second full session. Using the machines help a lot! They are very professional RN’s ! Especially with level zero’s like me! —- but I’m doing the work, and for as long as I can!

River Runnin

Reaction score
This will be my last update from this location. The inmate that let us rest/use his condo for my after surgery and rehab is sell this place. But said we could stay as long as needed until the buy was in process. I was hoping to get march as the last month for my cardiac rehab here near the hospital. So here’s the part I don’t like, and why I didn’t post when it happened. So when I was told about needing to sell and stay as long as you like! Or until escrow (knowing it wouldn’t be real soon I’m sure!) just a couple day later this bitch calls and says she has someone interested in the condo and would like to show it. To shorten it up and be somewhat nice, that was a croc of shit! She just wanted to check the place out. Now, I don’t know if she was told about my rehab and surgery recovery, but doubt that would have made a difference. So she calls and says “I’d like to come by and meet you guys” we say ok come on over - surprised (she says she’s turning around) - so here’s a little set-up, walking in the front entry we’ve saved SEVERAL boxes-along the right wall - to use for when we have to move. There’s a pull cart there that had 2 bags to trash in it ready to go to the can down stairs. In one of those trash bags was a litter box and can change and one of my potable toilet (double bagged!) in it. Well the wife didn’t have time to take it out before she showed up. Ya! You could smell it ( was a bit stronger than I thought until I went in there on our way.out and to empty the cart.) Anyway, knock at the door, she walks in and right to my recliner where I have my walker, oxygen on, portable toilet across from me, and says hi! After a very short conversation she leaves! Befor she leaves the complex I get a text!
This lying POS c**** never did a walkthrough. The text speaks for itself! But she basically said we thrashed his place! I immediately sent pics to the owner of every room! 1 basically unused and spotless bedroom and 2nd bathroom, the litter box in the master bedroom where the chi’s are litter box trained, the liviBG room showing a couple pieces of mail on the tables, and finally the kitchen area. After I sent him the pics, he agreed she never did a walkthrough. She just a lying greedy, scumbag that wanted to get us out asap. So like I said, this will be my last update from here. The owner has been awesome! And we are honoring his notice.
so my first round on cardiac rehab is nearly done. They say my endurance is getting better, I just wish I was getting stronger (could be medication) but I’m signed up for another round - 12 sessions! So anyway! I’m still locked into my recliner (haven’t slept in a bed (all nite), still on oxygen 27/7, and doing my best to get back on my friggin boat!

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpeg
    IMG_0326.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It sounds as if the owner is cool you, and that's what really matters. Some of the real estate people may not be, um, "friendly". I've met some that wouldn't give me the time of day, and thus never did any business with them. I've met others that drove new Escalades, and met me at odd hours...with me in work clothes and a beat up crew cab work truck.

As for cardiac rehab, progress is progress. Slow and steady is better than none at all.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear. Focus on the rehab and, if you are a believer, in Jesus. Prayers for you and the family.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Well! we got moved out of the condo! And I’m happy to report that— we left it better than when we moved in! And the reason for that is do to the services we used. My nephew flew out from Boston and spent a week working his ass off! The moving service were on time, filled a few boxes, loaded chair and a few other items and had delivered and done in 4 hours. The big guy RD! Gave me 2 numbers! Dynamic carpet cleaning— which did a great job! On time, professional, and knew their chit! — BUT! The person that deserves ALL the credit is Shawna! I am so thankful Rive Dave recommended and gave me her number! She spent hours Saturday and finished up on Sunday DEEP CLEANING the whole condo. Absolutely an amazing job! I asked her to lock-up so I could get settled i. Not only did she do that! But sent pics of the cleaned refrigerator, rooms, floors, and locked lockbox when done! I give her the highest recommendation, and if anyone in the area needs a cleaning service! RD and I have a number!
As far as my update, I’ve had a pretty rough week, finished my second week of rehab, and still working on getting back to normal. Kinda thinking I’m having a medication issue! Not building any muscle! No matter what I do!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to hear that you got the move behind you. Now you can get the meds in order and focus on your rehab. Also great to hear from you and get an update from time to time. Thanks and best of luck to you my friend. 👍

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a busy week! Glad RD was able to set you up with a cleanup crew. Your "tone" sounds better tonight than in previous updates...and that says a lot. One less thing to stress about, the move is done. Focus on the getting better. Don't worry about the building muscle, it will come back. For now just work on the little stuff...it becomes the bigger stuff.
Stay on it! Glad to hear from you.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well! we got moved out of the condo! And I’m happy to report that— we left it better than when we moved in! And the reason for that is do to the services we used. My nephew flew out from Boston and spent a week working his ass off! The moving service were on time, filled a few boxes, loaded chair and a few other items and had delivered and done in 4 hours. The big guy RD! Gave me 2 numbers! Dynamic carpet cleaning— which did a great job! On time, professional, and knew their chit! — BUT! The person that deserves ALL the credit is Shawna! I am so thankful Rive Dave recommended and gave me her number! She spent hours Saturday and finished up on Sunday DEEP CLEANING the whole condo. Absolutely an amazing job! I asked her to lock-up so I could get settled i. Not only did she do that! But sent pics of the cleaned refrigerator, rooms, floors, and locked lockbox when done! I give her the highest recommendation, and if anyone in the area needs a cleaning service! RD and I have a number!
As far as my update, I’ve had a pretty rough week, finished my second week of rehab, and still working on getting back to normal. Kinda thinking I’m having a medication issue! Not building any muscle! No matter what I do!

Well Shawna’s schedule is actually pretty full.. that was kind of a favor to get ya sorted and I wanted to make sure whatever rdp member let ya stay there had the best job possible.

She’s by far and away the best out here but she’s only one person. She does as much as she can though and I’d trust her with anything. Both her and Mike are stand up people as good as they come.

I’m glad things are getting better for you.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Shawna (my wife) is bad ass when it comes to cleaning. She is glad you are happy with the cleaning.
Shawna cleaned my house after 8 of my guys were there working on my hardscape for weeks, they clearly depend on their wives to clean up after them. 🤮 😂
I appreciate her hard work, she did an amazing job.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Shawna cleaned my house after 8 of my guys were there working on my hardscape for weeks, they clearly depend on their wives to clean up after them. 🤮 😂
I appreciate her hard work, she did an amazing job.
Post up some pics of the build!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have no money, but can I make a suggestion? Mount some of the guns on the boat, and rename it "Wake Tracker".

Don't feel too bad, our boating season has been non-existent for almost 2 years now. I'm hoping the libs don't cork the damn before I get back.