WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Neighborhood Electric / low speed vehicle - who is the guy

Singleton

Reaction score
long story short - RDP member allowed me to borrow one while camping last weekend.

Now wife and daughter want one when camping, but also for the 1 mile drive to school, beach and Carlsbad Village. In Ca, I need it to be NEV or LSV so I can plate it and use it around Carlsbad.

So any RDP members know of anyone dealing with these?

riverroyal

Reaction score
I got a guy...shocking right.
Call Brian Rott at cart mart in san marcos. He owns it. Tell him steve royal is your friend. He has a good selection but they are not cheap

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Brian @ cart mart is a good guy from what I've heard . I offer Garia, EZGO, Cushman & e-ride low speed vehicles/neighborhood electric vehicles. Let me know if I can help.

Singleton

Reaction score
Brian @ cart mart is a good guy from what I've heard . I offer Garia, EZGO, Cushman & e-ride low speed vehicles/neighborhood electric vehicles. Let me know if I can help.

Got a website? I like giving money to RDP’ers first. Guess I need to get the wife to agree on the budget. This should be a spring purchase

boatpi

Reaction score
Remember in CA these are not legal on any road where the posted speed limit exceeds 35 MPH. A used leaf may be cheaper.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Remember in CA these are not legal on any road where the posted speed limit exceeds 35 MPH. A used leaf may be cheaper.

They can cross over streets posted higher than 35mph but not travel on them

Singleton

Reaction score

I can get from my house to my daughters schools (through HS), beach, grocery store and Carlsbad Village for dinner without traveling on a 35mph street. Verified that before I posted. Wife wants it for camping more then anything and we are reviewing doing something at the Islander for the summer.

2Driver

Reaction score
We had 2 GEMs, they were really fun around the park at the river and at home in the neighborhood. Top speed was around 37

Venturing out on 30-35 mph streets just meant you were in traffic whizzing past you 45. Screw that, I felt like I was in The Run with the Bulls. You’ll never save money by owning one, you just need to just want one.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
fp_plp_imgtext_power_wheels_mob_640x400@2x.jpg

c_land

Reaction score
no plated golf carts? @Tank has the info on the plated carts

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
27978AC9-46C8-4C5A-B5D7-292FDD5B9248.png
Picked my 6 seater up at 357 carts in Carlsbad. Most used toy we have. From the neighborhood booze cruise to the campground shenanigans

Street legal and insured in so cal. Drive past cops all the time. They just stare

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
That’s what I am heading towards.

Best part is it’s something you can use all the time. My 16 year old hates it when I roll up to football practice to pick him up :D His friends think it’s cool.

My neighbor has one too so we are on them all the time

Singleton

Reaction score
Best part is it’s something you can use all the time. My 16 year old hates it when I roll up to football practice to pick him up :D His friends think it’s cool.

My neighbor has one too so we are on them all the time

Running my kid to Magnolia Elementary would be much easier in one vs my DRW F350

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Honestly, this is where it all started...I wanted a golf cart to go to the local grocery store. I looked at buying a couple but after looking at the prices and realizing it wasn't really an all weather deal I wondered if I could spend just a little bit more money and get a car with windows, heater and A/C....

And here's what I ended up with....

IMG_0106.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
We drive our 6 pas. cart more than our cars! We take it to the store, the kids to school, to the beach, etc. Use it every single day. It's plated and insured.

The law on plating them has bounced all over the map in the past several years. Coupled with the fact different area DMV's have different "opinions" on how to interpret the law.

Lately, new gas carts have been a real PITA to get plated because now Ca. technically wants them smogged even though they are low emissions / CC / HP which means you have to go to a CARB shop to get it done and it's a TOTAL HASSLE. That is if you don't find a DMV that will register it. Remember, you can still find some area DMV's that will plate a SXS!! (completely illegal to plate a sxs fyi). As of now, electric carts, with street tires, windshield, seat belts, horn, headlights, brake lights, blinkers can be registered to travel on roads under 25 mph. Some people confuse the 35 mph limit with "slow moving vehicles" or SLV's which are the Ford Thinks or Gems. Those can in fact travel on streets up to 35 MPH.

I just got done getting 4 6 pas. carts plated about a year ago. A lot of back and forth with the local DMV and even Sacramento, but in the end, they all got plated. Like I said, just depends on how much of a stickler your DMV will be. They're legal. But some DMV offices don't like dealing with them because there have been endless inter office update memos from Sac. DMV and CHP on them.

To plate it you'll need to get your MSO from the dealer with the FULL VIN on it. Not just a short serial number. You'll need to ensure the VIN has been stamped, plated or labeled on your new cart. You'll need to print a request for registration form (that you'll fill out) from the DMV website and a VIN verification form to be completed by CHP or other LE, AAA, DMV employee. Once you have all that together, get insurance, take it to the DMV office and submit.

We basically custom ordered and built our EZ-GO 6 pas. Worked closely with Coast Cart in Ventura. Had them order it in matte black, larger rims, spacers, raised, full street legal kit, longer roof, cup holders, dash, big stereo with amp and 10" sub, triple black and gas motor. Figured we ran our last 6 passenger (that I actually had stretched from a 4 to a 6) for about 10 years so thought I'd order the new one all maxed out.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
untitled.png