WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Glamis RV park.

Travmon

Reaction score
Saw this tid-bit of info
IMG_4548.jpeg

Ladsm

Reaction score
Its not going to be cheap to build. The ground water out there has had issues for years which is why the pizza place above the store closed down above the store and the storage across the street had issues and got fined dumping sewage in the ground and has to haul it off to Brawley.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Its not going to be cheap to build. The ground water out there has had issues for years which is why the pizza place above the store closed down above the store and the storage across the street had issues and got fined dumping sewage in the ground and has to haul it off to Brawley.
Sounds shity.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Looks like it may be time to start driving a little further and camp at Butter Cup.

The central dunes is going to turn into Orange County like traffic, and full of newbs which generally speaking I find dangerous.
I wonder what kind of trash mitigation they have in the plans?
Because that’s another part of the danger of newbs.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Looks like it may be time to start driving a little further and camp at Butter Cup.

The central dunes is going to turn into Orange County like traffic, and full of newbs which generally speaking I find dangerous.
I wonder what kind of trash mitigation they have in the plans?
Because that’s another part of the danger of newbs.

Going to...

That's pretty funny, cause It's been that way for ages! And the silly SxS crowd has made it worse.

This project at the Beach Store was tried before and it failed. Maybe Polaris has the moxie to make it happen.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Going to...

That's pretty funny, cause It's been that way for ages! And the silly SxS crowd has made it worse.

This project at the Beach Store was tried before and it failed. Maybe Polaris has the moxie to make it happen.
They have the dollars that’s for sure.
The libs, Sierra club, etc will bitch and instigate enviro impact studies, some 4 toed ground dwelling owls habitat may be in peril and a 3 year study needs to be conducted.
Moxie....
They are going to need some 😂

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Going to...

Love’ e or hate’m the SxS crowd is your last chance, and funding, to keep this land open.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
But the trash leaving m'fers will certainly bring continued scrutiny. The group that camped across from us at keyhole left boxes for their new smudge pot and the chicks new sun glasses as well as a new sink of some kind. They even left their names and addresses on the boxes.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I’ve said it in other places and forums but the young Mexican families are what’s keeping a lot of off-roading areas open and feeding the industry right now. Love it or hate it I don’t care but it’s true.

I’ll also mention the last trip we did in Yuma on motorcycles. We passed a few SXS groups and there was only two types. Retired old white couples and large groups of Hispanic families.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I’ve said it in other places and forums but the young Mexican families are what’s keeping a lot of off-roading areas open and feeding the industry right now. Love it or hate it I don’t care but it’s true.

I’ll also mention the last trip we did in Yuma on motorcycles. We passed a few SXS groups and there was only two types. Retired old white couples and large groups of Hispanic families.

Yuma you say.

Large groups of Mexican families you say.

That's how many miles from the messican boarder you think? 🤔

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I seen a picture of the design concept plan a while back. Supposedly water has already been figured out and approved. Gonna be a game changer out there for sure if it all works out.
Hung out w Steve ( president of Polaris Offroad ) during camp rzr in their personal compound til 3am or so. Previously could have cared less about the brand. Grew respect for Polaris, and the faces behind the corp name. They have big plans and a great team.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Ever been to St Anthony's in Idaho?

How about Winchester Dunes in Oregon?

SoCal is just a Tiny bit "biased" . It's a big big country we live in. 👍🏼
What part of Oregon is glamis in?

Thanks for the geography lesson.

77charger

Reaction score
The Latino SXS crowd is why we still have Glamis open and re opened.
Participation in Duning went up immensely and unmeasurable when that all came together.

Y’all forget that.
Yeah I said it.
Dunes and off roading has been around long before they came along. Less crowded lower on radar.

Like the whippers who say they keep the town alive. My dad was born in brawley his family has been there since the late 40s some are still there and do well. Farming is what keeps them alive not the 4 month duner traffic. They sell hydraulic and bearings to farmers were for the longest time only supplier in brawley.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Dunes and off roading has been around long before they came along. Less crowded lower on radar.

Like the whippers who say they keep the town alive. My dad was born in brawley his family has been there since the late 40s some are still there and do well. Farming is what keeps them alive not the 4 month duner traffic. They sell hydraulic and bearings to farmers were for the longest time only supplier in brawley.
I think he was only referring to the dunes staying open. Brawley and surrounding is like any farmland. The people there are there year round, and work probably twice as hard when the duners would burst into flames 🤣 In a lot of ways it reminded me of the Central Valley...except the sky was clearer.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Back in the 80's when I first started going to Glamis, I was talking to my grandparents about my next trip. My grandfather was a migrant farm worker in the area in the mid 20's and 30's. We talked about him going into town to see movies. I showed him pictures of the old town. Good memories, he was a hard worker who paved the way for an easier life for me.

charred1

Reaction score
The Latino SXS crowd is why we still have Glamis open and re opened.
Participation in Duning went up immensely and unmeasurable when that all came together.

Y’all forget that.
Yeah I said it.
Nah…it is because of the hard work by the ASA, the Off-Road Coalition and it members. I don’t recall seeing any of the Latino SXS crowd at the public hearing meetings in Imperial, San Diego or Phoenix.

Y’all forget that
Yeah I said it

😎

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nah…it is because of the hard work by the ASA, the Off-Road Coalition and it members. I don’t recall seeing any of the Latino SXS crowd at the public hearing meetings in Imperial, San Diego or Phoenix.

Y’all forget that
Yeah I said it

😎

You said it. But rest assured...

Anyone with Any common sense, was also thinking it.

👍🏼