WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

nordic 26 db......

retaocleg

Reaction score
blue red 26.jpg
blue red 26-2.jpg

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I'm loving the subtle red in the blue. Could you explain the technique of how you do the "fades" or whatever the correct terminology is for the shading I like so much in sections. With it being done in the mold, and inside out, do you spray a darker color around the edges first and then back it up with the solid color? Very curious as to the process, I think it looks so cool

retaocleg

Reaction score
spray 2 coats of clear, 2 coats of clear with pearl, spray the dark color, spray the light color, then back up with the light color mixed with white to prevent the black coming through...the blue is blended to, lighting is pretty poor right there to see......becomes more pronounced after sand and buff......
@ChevelleSB406

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
spray 2 coats of clear, 2 coats of clear with pearl, spray the dark color, spray the light color, then back up with the light color mixed with white to prevent the black coming through...the blue is blended to, lighting is pretty poor right there to see......becomes more pronounced after sand and buff......
@ChevelleSB406
...and that right there I bet 99% of the boating population doesn't realize it takes to create things in a gel scheme. Now with some schemes, repeat with graphics and several colors going over and under each other, upside down, inside out, and backwards, like our friends screen name here. So crazy. It's too much to ask, but would love to see a photo of each stage with a bit of description, but hey, that knowledge I gotta pay for :)