WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Owe Yeah!… I no longer own a home in CA… and I now own a home in NV

Xring01

Reaction score
Its a good day! Sold my Murrieta house, and closed on my NV house.

Good By CA Taxs
Good By CA Crime
Good By CA Traffic
Good By CA Gas Prices, Food, Utility costs, shitty health care, politicians, homelessness, tree huggers, anti gun shit heads, etc, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

GOOD FUCKING BY…

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

Good By CA Taxs
Good By CA Crime
Good By CA Traffic
Good By CA Gas Prices, Food, Utility costs, shitty health care, politicians, homelessness, tree huggers, anti gun shit heads, etc, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

GOOD FUCKING BY…
Good move going from one Blue State to another Blue State……oh nevermind, lol 😂

Last edited:

sintax

Reaction score

Good By CA Taxs
Good By CA Crime
Good By CA Traffic

GOOD FUCKING BY…

Congrats!

Let me know when I can pick up all of those firearms that should stay in CA...

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Awesome and welcome home. Where did you buy? Maybe we are neighbors.

Xring01

Reaction score
Good moving going from one Blue State to another Blue State……oh nevermind, lol 😂
Lets just say my Ca state Tax is closing in on 10%…
Take a wild guess what the NV state tax is… yep…. ZERO …. Take that Ca and shove it up your ass….

Instant savings of almost 10%…
Property tax in Ca was closing in on $8000/year… new house in NV… $2811…
Car Registration
Electricity,
Gas…

I can go all fucking night.. I am saving pretty much $25K per year, because I am leaving CA…

BTW I have spreadsheet of all the western states, with my numbers filled in. I did my homework, and made a financial choice that also fits my other needs/wants.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Right on the border of Carson City and Dayton NV.
Awesome. We lived in Reno/Tahoe area for eight years and made our way back to southern Nevada (lived here for nine years before) in May of 2020.

Congrats.

Xring01

Reaction score
Congrats!

Let me know when I can pick up all of those firearms that should stay in CA...
I will be shopping on 1911 addicts.com the moment I get my NV drivers liscense… a custom 1911 is in my future.
In addition, I will be shopping for a H&K MP5…. Owe yeah…
Other than that, I have everything I need/want.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Be sure t yell at Siscidicklick as you pass by his mansion!!!!

Xring01

Reaction score
but aren't you gonna miss the weather?
I live in Murrieta Ca…
Take a look at Reno and compare it Murrieta…

My winters will be colder, but my summers will be milder… give/take…

I am giving up the ocean, but gaining lake tahoe.
But I can fire up my KTM 300 in my garage, and take off, LITERALLY… out my garage, 150 yds of asphalt, and then dirt trails… I can had south until I run out of gas, or head north to Virginia City or ______________________.

Best news of all… I can head out into the desert and shoot my guns 24/7… Literally 15 minutes outside my garage… fire away …

I am getting a level of freedom, that Californians have forgotten about.

I get the desert, I get the lake tahoe, I get similar weather, and I am 40 Minutes from Snow Skiing or whatever.

Seriously, I dont think I am giving up much at all. What I will miss
Pt Loma Seafood in San Diego… one of my faves.
Miguels in San Diego… ohhh my… calamari stuffed chile relleno… fuck me I am hungry now.

But I will have to come to San Diego every 6-8 weeks for business… so what am I really giving up… considering I am saving $25K per year.

Combine that with a typical Murrieta track home of 2200 sq ft on 8800 sq ft lot…
To a custom built ranch style 2500sq ft. on .38acre… that I am buying for $10,000 less than what I sold my Ca home for… but I am saving how much in property taxs…

Math does not lie…

7A323054-7C7A-46B3-9872-8780CBE44836.png

Last edited:

Havasujaws

Reaction score
I live in Murrieta Ca…
Take a look at Reno and compare it Murrieta…

My winters will be colder, but my summers will be milder… give/take…

I am giving up the ocean, but gaining lake tahoe.
But I can fire up my KTM 300 in my garage, and take off, LITERALLY… out my garage, 150 yds of asphalt, and then dirt trails… I can had south until I run out of gas, or head north to Virginia City or ______________________.

Best news of all… I can head out into the desert and shoot my guns 24/7… Literally 15 minutes outside my garage… fire away …

I am getting a level of freedom, that Californians have forgotten about.

I get the desert, I get the lake tahoe, I get similar weather, and I am 40 Minutes from Snow Skiing or whatever.

Seriously, I dont think I am giving up much at all. What I will miss
Pt Loma Seafood in San Diego… one of my faves.
Miguels in San Diego… ohhh my… calamari stuffed chile relleno… fuck me I am hungry now.

But I will have to come to San Diego every 6-8 weeks for business… so what am I really giving up… considering I am saving $25K per year.

Combine that with a typical Murrieta track home of 2200 sq ft on 8800 sq ft lot…
To a custom built ranch style 2500sq ft. on .38acre… that I am buying for $10,000 less than what I sold my Ca home for… but I am saving how much in property taxs…

Math does not lie…
Don't worry you will get your ocean back when the next big CA earthquake happens.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Take a wild guess what the NV state tax is… yep…. ZERO …. Take that Ca and shove it up your ass….

Car Registration
Electricity,
Gas…

I can go all fucking night.. I am saving pretty much $25K per year, because I am leaving CA…

BTW I have spreadsheet of all the western states, with my numbers filled in. I did my homework, and made a financial choice that also fits my other needs/wants.
A few of our fitters decided to move to other states due to taxes. Thought they were to going to save a bunch of $$$, Until they found out they were taking a 30% pay cut from CA wages. 😂

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
A few of our filters decided to move to other states due to taxes. Thought they were to going to save a bunch of $$$, Until they found out they were taking a 30% pay cut from CA wages. 😂
Luckily, some of us are taking our CA wages with us. :)

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
A few of our filters decided to move to other states due to taxes. Thought they were to going to save a bunch of $$$, Until they found out they were taking a 30% pay cut from CA wages. 😂
That’s why most, like me anyway, retire first.
Not that I have yet but by the end of the year I will be retired and moving to a state tax free state.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It’s way lower on the cost of living scale. Don’t tell those guys how to do math :)
Not where one of them moved to…😆 It’s different in construction when you move to another state. Lots of jobs out of town. Get tired of staying in motels.

Nordie

Reaction score
Not for us staying..😂 Texas is a little lower on the pay scale..

You do realize this is all changing because people are leaving right?

My uncle was a Chicago carpenter and is now a GC in Florida. Well the pay was definitely lower for carpenters in SW FL. We were talking the other day and he told me he's able to get good carpenters now because he can actually pay them what they're worth.

Keep holding onto that California dream, you're doing well for yourself, but eventually you're going to wake up one day and realized a large part of the country has passed you up.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Perhaps CA is desirable because of their wonderful public school systems? Crime? Affordability? Cost of living? Etc etc etc. No? None of that? Oh ya, there’s those Union pay scales? They must be astounding! Sounds like a garden spot to raise a family. . . . Go for it.

Xring01

Reaction score
Perhaps CA is desirable because of their wonderful public school systems? Crime? Affordability? Cost of living? Etc etc etc. No? None of that? Oh ya, there’s those Union pay scales? They must be astounding! Sounds like a garden spot to raise a family. . . . Go for it.
There are professions in Ca, that would make me stay…
Lineman for any Ca Investor Owned Utility… fuck… Engineers are jealous of what they bring in…
Long Shoreman, COPS, Firefighters and many other professions have it made in CA…

But if your not in one of the chosen professions… Then you better own your own business, if not, your fucked, and the majority of Californians, probably havent figured that out yet.

All of you have heard me say way to many times… I am sick and tired of being surrounded by stupid… I am out of here.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
There are professions in Ca, that would make me stay…
Lineman for any Ca Investor Owned Utility… fuck… Engineers are jealous of what they bring in…
Long Shoreman, COPS, Firefighters and many other professions have it made in CA…

But if your not in one of the chosen professions… Then you better own your own business, if not, your fucked, and the majority of Californians, probably havent figured that out yet.

All of you have heard me say way to many times… I am sick and tired of being surrounded by stupid… I am out of here.
You’ve spoken of lines of work which do well. How do they relate to the public school system, crime and life in general? Our parents and my wife and I grew up in Southern CA. I honestly have ancestors who arrived in wagons. It was once a fantastic place. That has changed and not at all for the better. To say other wise, is just plain Bull Shit. You’re correct, the stupid does now surround. But, what about those Union pay scales???

sintax

Reaction score
I will be shopping on 1911 addicts.com the moment I get my NV drivers liscense… a custom 1911 is in my future.
In addition, I will be shopping for a H&K MP5…. Owe yeah…
Other than that, I have everything I need/want.

Until you realize you need a couple cans and an sbr or 3.

Stamp collecting is a wonderful hobby I hear

73mandella

Reaction score
Off topic...I have to ask, are those submarine dolphins? My father-in-law served on the USS Queenfish.

cofooter

Reaction score
No its the weather, haven't you been listening? :)

Hammer

Reaction score
Congratulations ! I’m jealous, but very happy for you.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Life is a series of trade off's. So you need to prioritize your life with a balance of wants and needs.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

Reaction score

Car Registration
Electricity,
Gas…

How many hours is that to Parker 🤣

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Welcome to the real NV! You know, the red part. Clark county may as well be Hellifornia and we don't count it as part of NV. :D

Xring01

Reaction score
Off topic...I have to ask, are those submarine dolphins? My father-in-law served on the USS Queenfish.
I served on the USS Topeka SSN 754, which was a huge sacrifice, most could never imagine.

Butt, it made me the man I am today.

For that, I owe a debt. Which I do my best to repay in Wounded Warriors, Veteran Mentorship Programs and other aspects

Last edited:

Nordie

Reaction score
Welcome to the real NV! You know, the red part. Clark county may as well be Hellifornia and we don't count it as part of NV. :D

Hey easy there, there's plenty of red voters in Clark County, and we're still putting up the good fight.