WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

rigging the steering...

lebel409

Reaction score
I'm going to Rex this week for more parts for my boat. The steering shaft is toast, the bearing is dead. The pulley (as I understand them) are complete. Nicson...two double pulleys and a single pulley...cast aluminum with bronze bushings..

I think the double pulley goes to the right of the chain/steering shaft, then the cables go back to the second double pulley to the quadrant. Then the third single pulley catches the left side of the quadrant.

This makes sense to me, but I also have two double fiber pulleys...don't remember where I yanked them from.

Any advice/wisdom/pics before I see Rex?

Thanks!

500bbc

Reaction score
I'll try

Attachments

• boatdoggie 005.jpg
    boatdoggie 005.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 277
  • boatdoggie 004.jpg
    boatdoggie 004.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 266
  • boatdoggie 002.jpg
    boatdoggie 002.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 270

500bbc

Reaction score
Damn that was easy.
Now why hell is this site so easy to post pics and most of the others are such a PITA?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Becuase we went out of our way to make sure it was easy.. ;)

sucks them right off your computer and puts them right into the post.

We are also going to be setting up Photogalleries, that are easy to use as well.

Thanks for noticing though! It's nice when someone notices the little extra's.. Not having to "host" and "link" to pictures makes things alot easier.

RD

lebel409

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

Those are outboard stringer mounted pulleys. What kind?

I got some sticker shock and I think I'm going with the inboard Nicsons that I already have. I drilled 4 3/4" holes in the pulleys and polished them, cleaned and polished up the mounts, made all the holes countersunk. I'll add some stalnless washers and call it good.

The only advantage to the outboard type seems to be getting past the engine, but I need the space for seating. It originally had a couple of phenolic pulleys to get the cables under the V drive plate etc. I still have to replace them (old-cracked)

500bbc

Reaction score
Thanks RD, I'm now going tpost every singlr river picture I have in my computer. It'll be kinda like watching someone's home movies.:drnkfr:beer:D

500bbc

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

Those are outboard stringer mounted pulleys. What kind?

I got some sticker shock and I think I'm going with the inboard Nicsons that I already have. I drilled 4 3/4" holes in the pulleys and polished them, cleaned and polished up the mounts, made all the holes countersunk. I'll add some stalnless washers and call it good.

The only advantage to the outboard type seems to be getting past the engine, but I need the space for seating. It originally had a couple of phenolic pulleys to get the cables under the V drive plate etc. I still have to replace them (old-cracked)

I don't know the manufacturer they were in the boat, hunt Art (riverracer, gofastracer) down he'll have the answer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks RD, I'm now going tpost every singlr river picture I have in my computer. It'll be kinda like watching someone's home movies.:drnkfr:beer:D

Looking forward to seeing it!!

Start a thread titled "My old river pics" or something.. That was kind of the idea behind this board. :) Custom projects, weekend pics, and pics from the past..

RD