WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The thank someone thread

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Disclaimer:

I'm not a Parker/Havasu guy. I was born in a different place and a different way of going about life.

Until I met my wife--I married into a river family.

You could say I'm Parker by injection... Anyway, I've been going to the river (Parker) for 20 years or so now, mostly on the Earp side doing the dirt stuff. A couple of years back, one of my wife's relatives talked me into buying a ski boat. (Certain members of my wife's family were badass skiers back in the day). So, I agreed to it, and have had a blast doing it. A couple of people I'd like to thank:

RDP for starting this great site (I've met you dude, and Stacy and your kids are beautiful).

Pink Taco--who took time out to teach my son how to drive my boat.

He Who Shall Not Be Named--who bought me a boat first, and asked questions later (if we didn't want it, he was keeping it, lol).

So thank someone on here for Parker, or Havasu, or Bullhead, or Bullshit...

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I thank the stupid timeshare sales person who talked me into buying at Havasu Dunes. Got me hooked and bought a lot and built the house 13 years later. Still have the timeshare and love using it in other places.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I want to thank the guy I bought my boat from. It's been one hell of a project but it's been a fun one.

Dave for the site and all the info I've been able to find on the spectras.

Racey fir the same.

Obnoxious for all the help he has been giving me and for building my engines.

Sam, a friend of mine for being slave labor helping me. All he wants in return is to be able to go out on the boat with me. Hell, I haven't even had to give him any beer.

DLC

Reaction score
I'd like to thank Pat & Dave!

They are some friends of ours they have been retired in havasu for oh about 30-35 years now!
They like to boat, jeep, travel in a motor home and have a great time and live life to its fullest.

My wife and I have some mutual friends and well we really liked Pat & Daves retired lifestyle they seemed like they were living life to its fullest and retiring in Lake Havasu seemed to a slice of heaven.

So in the back of our minds we were always like, some day we will make it out there! Well in 2015 we found our own little slice, not quite retired yet but we have our place at the north side of town and just cant get enough time out there.

I'd also like to thank all the inmates and RDP for scratching that itch that ya just can't get to !! When we can't make it out to Havasu I'm glued to the raft ups, desert rides, the midnight trips to the landing, RDP does not disappoint!

Cheers!
DLC

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I want thank Sandragonslayer for introducing me to the river....10 years ago, I was born and raised in Hawaii, so all I ever knew was salt water, and for that I stayed coastal for a long time, and said "I don't need to go to the river, I have the ocean right here in SD" but once I finally did, at the "Wheel er' in" resort in Big River, my eyes were opened to a whole different experience, and for that I thank Danny and his wonderful family. I also thank crazy Dean for the introduction to Parker, and that was a whole different story in itself, and I wouldn't change it for the world! and Big Thanks to Dave and Stacey, you and your family rock! and the forum is the best! :D

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was born in the OC but spent my youth between Needles and Topock. Started going to Powell in '83 and haven't stopped. My folks raised a true river rat! Thanks Mom & Dad, I miss you both every day!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Fell in love with the river Easter vacation (spring break) of 1968-69.:p:thumbup:

Just took a while to get here.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I have to thank my family.

Summer of '72 was my first camping trip to Havasu. I was 1 1/2 yrs old.

My Uncle Johnny and my Uncle Gil had boats and my Dad had us tagging along with them tent camping on the shores of the lake. Hooked ever since.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
[emoji41]. Some of my early years...
1e7cfe8c26507c030b988afebd8f45a4.jpg
34241e1bc185fa4f4f7e4a2c95dc71e8.jpg
d1f8fb2f52d1717030fef2a5316b1f39.jpg

rvrrun

Reaction score
Thanks, Kevin. For introducing me to the river, RIP buddy.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I thank Ucnle Jimmy for the trailer at Havasu Landing, the boat & teaching me ski. In the later years Uncle Wayne, aka Dad, for the place in Bullhead and teaching me to gamble at the Riverside.
Love the river life and miss it a lot.
Thanks to RD for this site, I can still enjoy the lake & river vicariously :D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've had some good conversations w dave I'm thankful for. I thankful to have met my buddy jeep dog and his wonderful family and I'm thankful I got to meet voodoo man before he left. I'll see him tomorrow. I'm thankful to have met 82 Daytona we've become friends and I'm sure there's a few more im missing.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Thanks to my Dad for being around. And building a couple of kneeler hydros when se were kids.
Th@nks to Dale for telling me about some friends that were at the "river" and jumping in his datsun truck with me and driving across the desert on easter to meet some freinds we didnt know.
Thanks to Pat and Dan for being there that week end and Pat giving me a ride in Dans Sanger flat. Total coincidence they were there.
18 to get in the bars, fast boats, hot drunk chics?
, I'm in.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Fuck, is it November already?:)
I better get the turkey in.

:smackheadLol, I see what you mean. I guess I meant for the thread to be one where we thank people or other members for getting us into boating or helping us with boat/river/lake shit in general.

Anyway, thank you for pointing out that other posters can mistake this for a turkey day thread. :)

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I want to thank my Pops (RIP) for teaching me to ski when I was 4, how to drive the boat when I was 5, how to launch and retrieve the boat when I was 7, how to maintain the boat to keep breakdowns to a minimum and I want to thank my wife for putting up with my sorry ass for the last 25+ years. :D

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I thank my folks for buying that boat in 1974 and making me part fish.
Other than that at 50 years old, I thank myself.......

The rest of u assclowns are peasants [emoji202] [emoji482] [emoji6]
Hey, I stopped by your storage and checked on your boat. Thanks for letting me put my sweaty ass in the driver's seat.

Oh and sorry about dropping that bag of pretzel sticks. I think I got them all picked up. [emoji41]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Hey, I stopped by your storage and checked on your boat. Thanks for letting me put my sweaty ass in the driver's seat.

Oh and sorry about dropping that bag of pretzel sticks. I think I got them all picked up. [emoji41]
That place is locked down like fort Knox , and what makes u so sure my boat is even there.

Oh you thanked me [emoji106] [emoji202]

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I thank my folks for buying that boat in 1974 and making me part fish.
Other than that at 50 years old, I thank myself.......

The rest of u assclowns are peasants [emoji202] [emoji482] [emoji6]

Pheasants?

Seeker

Reaction score
Even though it is not yet November, I am thankful for my old buddy Derrick and his parents for letting us take their "Bahama Mama" to Havasu when we were still in high school. Thanks again to that same family for letting us use their stand up Jet Skis and a much newer Bayliner deck on Mohave for several years.

After 16 years of house boating, dozens of "little boat" trips and ownership of a Hallett 20.5 SS for a few years I am still hooked. Another long time pal is buying a boat in the spring and settling in BHC. I plan to keep enjoying life out of Katherine's for years to come.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Although I wasn't introduced to the river life until my mid 20's I have to thank the buddies of mine that brought me down and got me hooked, Troy, Mark and Rocco :thumbup:. Prior to that I was always a lake kid and I thank my parents for getting me hooked on boats and the lake life when I was a youngster.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I thank the stupid timeshare sales person who talked me into buying at Havasu Dunes. Got me hooked and bought a lot and built the house 13 years later. Still have the timeshare and love using it in other places.
I had one there from 1994ish through last week.