WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

…The L.A. River…She Is A Runnin…

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Got a pretty good video of the LA River running complete with sound… And man was it loud… it also shows CBS studio Center where I worked many many moons ago…the problem being, I can’t seem to get the video to post🤷🏽‍♀️…Dunno???…
F6A37609-4B56-47C3-9B02-F321CB18E9D6.jpeg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Finally got the video of the LA River to post… In the background is CBS studio center where I spent many years working …Damn… that was about 44ish years ago… no wonder I am senile😳

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Willie, what did you work on at Radford. That's my favorite lot.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Yes I did… and do I have some stories… whatever you heard about the goings on at that lot…from probably ‘78 up to about ‘86 , I was there… and the stories are true…lol🤷🏽‍♀️what a fun time👍

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
…Got a pretty good video of the LA River running complete with sound… And man was it loud… it also shows CBS studio Center where I worked many many moons ago…the problem being, I can’t seem to get the video to post🤷🏽‍♀️…Dunno???… View attachment 1331640
That’s what the Ol’ Missisip, Big Muddy looks like. That river rolls right through St. Louis, Missouri and you know what brewery is headquartered there don’t you? That’s right, Budweiser. Now you know what gives it that distinctive taste.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
That’s what the Ol’ Missisip, Big Muddy looks like. That river rolls right through St. Louis, Missouri and you know what brewery is headquartered there don’t you? That’s right, Budweiser. Now you know what gives it that distinctive taste.
… I have stood next to the river in St. Louis… MO…Maybe 2006 /2007 and you are correct …it flows like the LA River does in heavy rains🤷🏽‍♀️

dave29

Reaction score
Finally got the video of the LA River to post… In the background is CBS studio center where I spent many years working …Damn… that was about 44ish years ago… no wonder I am senile😳 View attachment 1331651

…Got a pretty good video of the LA River running complete with sound… And man was it loud… it also shows CBS studio Center where I worked many many moons ago…the problem being, I can’t seem to get the video to post🤷🏽‍♀️…Dunno???… View attachment 1331640
I worked at Universal many moons ago and a number of buildings and a road backed up to the LA river. That was the 80's and the river crested. We had to sand bag the buildings and close the road.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
… I have stood next to the river in St. Louis… MO…Maybe 2006 /2007 and you are correct …it flows like the LA River does in heavy rains🤷🏽‍♀️
I was talking about the color of the water - that feces brown look.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… I worked for Charles Freese productions and Robert Papazian productions… independent production companies …they were renting facilities from CBS …I was a picture car coordinator… These producers did movies for television in the 70s 80s etc… my job was to ..;buy… rent…whatever it took to get the various cars that would be seen on the screen in these TV movies… if I happened to own the vehicle guess who got the rental money🤷🏽‍♀️
my picks, had to be OK’d by the transportation coordinator, the art Director and sometimes the producer…
… let me put it this way… We used to call it high school with money… And for all the crazy stuff we did, we never made mistakes… well may be a couple???… not too sure how that happened???… keep in mind there were no cell phones, no Internet… I had to work with a Polaroid camera and my handheld notebook… and a pocket full of petty cash🤷🏽‍♀️… I would have to think it over first about posting some of the shenanigans we pulled😳

Last edited:

dave29

Reaction score
… I worked for Charles Freese productions and Robert Papazian productions… independent production companies …they were renting facilities from CBS …I was a picture car coordinator… These producers did movies for television in the 70s 80s etc… my job was to ..;buy… rent…whatever it took to get the various cars that would be seen on the screen in these TV movies… if I happened to own the vehicle guess who got the rental money🤷🏽‍♀️
my picks, had to be OK’d by the transportation coordinator, the art Director and sometimes the producer…
… let me put it this way… We used to call it high school with money… And for all the crazy stuff we did, we never made mistakes… well may be a couple???… not too sure how that happened???… keep in mind there were no cell phones, no Internet… I had to work with a Polaroid camera and my handheld notebook… and a pocket full of petty cash🤷🏽‍♀️… I would have to think it over first about posting some of the shenanigans we pulled😳
Bob was a friend of mine

4Waters

Reaction score
that may be an AI generated photo. but would it surprise anyone if it was real? thats the scary part.
That's what AI thinks is real and it's not far off

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I thought I read here he preferred his dildo's big n black? Maybe that's his butt plug......
Florescent pink so he can see it easier?
You have his cell# call him.and ask. Lol
I have his number?
I don’t think? I have his number?
If I do I’m going to tell him to fuck off😂

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I just looked. I don’t have his number.
Looked under G for Greg and Gay, not there.
Looked under L for the last name, not there.
Looked under D for dildo sucker, not there.
@wzuber can you send him a text telling him Larry says Fuck Off! And go retrieve his dildo from the LA slums already!
Thanks in advance.

wzuber

Reaction score
@wzuber can you send him a text telling him Larry says Fuck Off! And go retrieve his dildo from the LA slums already!
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, Larry. Other than an occaisional reply to his nonsense here I have no contact with the tool. Good luck bro...

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Thanks in advance.
you keep looking in the gutter for him, I think he has moved up in the world.

1707252099192.png

500bbc

Reaction score
I have to giggle when I see the words "L.A. River" Sounds like nature's tranquil setting....

More like "L.A. Gutter" water.....
The joke of it is the city spent 100's of thousands of $$ if not millions posting signs with a cattle Egret on them on the overpasses over the drainage ditch proclaiming LA River..

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Bob was a friend of mine
… There were two Robert Papazian’s who were producers… I only knew the one a really good guy..: he turned out…for quite a number of years many movies for television that were all sold to network television, CBS, and ABC… never had a failure, real quality stuff… in my day your product being shown on network television..,it was a really big deal… There was no HBO and so forth that evolved…

… it was 80% the same crew… Same group of people…we would become family… They were your best friends during an 18 day shoot… but when the shoot was over, you never wanted to see them again,..,so what happened… short time later you were back working with the same bunch and you loved them… Wash, rinse repeat🤷🏽‍♀️… the movie and television industry is a crazy ass deal… Or at least it was then… wonder what it’s like now???…Hmmm???..,

dave29

Reaction score
… There were two Robert Papazian’s who were producers… I only knew the one a really good guy..: he turned out…for quite a number of years many movies for television that were all sold to network television, CBS, and ABC… never had a failure, real quality stuff… in my day your product being shown on network television..,it was a really big deal… There was no HBO and so forth that evolved…

… it was 80% the same crew… Same group of people…we would become family… They were your best friends during an 18 day shoot… but when the shoot was over, you never wanted to see them again,..,so what happened… short time later you were back working with the same bunch and you loved them… Wash, rinse repeat🤷🏽‍♀️… the movie and television industry is a crazy ass deal… Or at least it was then… wonder what it’s like now???…Hmmm???..,
I think we're talking about the same Robert. Later he teamed up with writer Jim Hirsch and did movies for USA network. His relative is Steve Papazian who ran Theatrical production for Warner Brothers for years. I was good friends and worked with both of them.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I think we're talking about the same Robert. Later he teamed up with writer Jim Hirsch and did movies for USA network. His relative is Steve Papazian who ran Theatrical production for Warner Brothers for years. I was good friends and worked with both of them.
… 99% sure that it is him…Robert “A”Papazian popped into my mind…
… never worked out of the Warner Bros. lot, but I would go hang with some friends over there on occasion…
…Back in the day…you could pretty much nod to security at the front gate or the side gate and drive right in…
… I always had one of those cardboard placards on the dash of my vehicle that would say Papazian Productions or the name of whatever TV movie we were working on…
… Try driving into the lot at Warner Brothers now… Security probably would call Burbank Swat on you… I can’t remember what the international episodic deal was that tightened up security on all the lots… and I don’t remember the time frame when that all happened???…but the freeform fun was gone🤷🏽‍♀️
… if I had my motorhome out on location… Robert would occasionally pop in…because he knew I had real Pepsi instead of the diet crap that we were being told was better for you… just a super nice guy…
… the names Henderson and Hirsch just popped into my mind…Hmmm???…Dunno🤷🏽‍♀️

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
… never worked out of the Warner Bros. lot, but I would go hang with some friends over there on occasion…
…Back in the day…you could pretty much nod to security at the front gate or the side gate and drive right in…
… I always had one of those cardboard placards on the dash of my vehicle that would say Papazian Productions or the name of whatever TV movie we were working on…
… Try driving into the lot at Warner Brothers now… Security probably would call Burbank Swat on you… I can’t remember what the international episodic deal was that tightened up security on all the lots… and I don’t remember the time frame when that all happened???…but the freeform fun was gone🤷🏽‍♀️
… if I had my motorhome out on location… Robert would occasionally pop in…because he knew I had real Pepsi instead of the diet crap that we were being told was better for you… just a super nice guy…
Willie, did you ever work with a Tony Loguzzo?

dave29

Reaction score
9-11 is what triggered all the security. There were threats against all the major studios. K Rail, barbed wire, mirror checks under cars and bomb dogs were the norm.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
9-11 is what triggered all the security. There were threats against all the major studios. K Rail, barbed wire, mirror checks under cars and bomb dogs were the norm.
…Damn😳…I guess that was it…

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… as far as I can remember …no… But I have heard his name before …friend of mine was second in command of Warner Brothers and Lorimar, transportation… I think I have heard him mention his name before🤷🏽‍♀️

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
… as far as I can remember …no… But I have heard his name before …friend of mine was second in command of Warner Brothers and Lorimar, transportation… I think I have heard him mention his name before🤷🏽‍♀️
He did transpo and picture car work for decades. He is my good friend's dad. Now it seems McCarthy is the go to for that.

Backlash

Reaction score
We're supposed to get more rain here in LA tonight......so maybe the cleansing isn't quite finished?

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I worked at Universal many moons ago and a number of buildings and a road backed up to the LA river. That was the 80's and the river crested. We had to sand bag the buildings and close the road.
Would Anderson video be one of them. I know there was is a lot buildings

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
Just took the dog for a walk, the smaller concrete rivers up on the northern end of the valley have come way down.
This next batch of rain shouldn't be a problem

dave29

Reaction score
Would Anderson video be one of them. I know there was is a lot buildings
Anderson video was in the west Technicolor building on the 3rd floor. Yes, that building backed up to the LA river. Howard Anderson was a true gentleman. His stepson who took over some responsibilities, not so much.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… talked to my friend the retired transportation coordinator and asked him if he knew Tony… apparently he knew of him…it doesn’t sound like he had ever worked with him… my friend would procure his own picture cars when he was at Warner Brothers and Lorimar… got a tell ya…It was a whole bunch of fun, cruising the city snagging cars that would be seen on screen… everybody wanted their car to be on TV or in a movie… people actually thought the next step was going to be they themselves would become famous…lol…

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I worked at Universal many moons ago and a number of buildings and a road backed up to the LA river. That was the 80's and the river crested. We had to sand bag the buildings and the road.
…What was your job the Biz as we used to call it…what did you do🤷🏽‍♀️

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
… talked to my friend the retired transportation coordinator and asked him if he knew Tony… apparently he knew of him…it doesn’t sound like he had ever worked with him… my friend would procure his own picture cars when he was at Warner Brothers and Lorimar… got a tell ya…It was a whole bunch of fun, cruising the city snagging cars that would be seen on screen… everybody wanted their car to be on TV or in a movie… people actually thought the next step was going to be they themselves would become famous…lol…
I would NEVER rent them a vehicle I cared about. I've worked with picture cars and I've seen how they're treated 🙄
Whenever it comes up at work that I've got a 1925 Indian Scout someone always says "you could make some 💵 renting that" I always SMH and say, not a chance...lol