WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Average cost to build a pool...?

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I've been kicking around the idea of having a pool built ....but, I have no clue of what it costs to put in a pool these days. Just a nice average pool. No waterfalls or grottos. Anyone have a pool put in recently?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Yea. Just put in a bitchen spa semi sunk in, and call it a day. You will use the spa a lot more anyways. I would only build a pool if it’s your forever dream home. And ya never intend to move. Otherwise, like was stated above, sell and buy a home with a pool. Will be headaches and $$$$ ahead.

FishSniper

Reaction score
I've been kicking around the idea of having a pool built ....but, I have no clue of what it costs to put in a pool these days. Just a nice average pool. No waterfalls or grottos. Anyone have a pool put in recently?
In Havasu when we were getting quotes about a year ago you could get pretty nice pool with travertine decking no spa for 50 ish.Spa was about 11k more. Not sure how much it’s gone up since then. We left a deposit last July and dig started in November and was finished in February.
4726B528-0975-41CB-815C-BD5325A5FE2E.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Ours was 120k, started in October hope to be done later this week. Builder said he would add 20k to price if bidding tbe pool now. Actually they are not bidding any more pools until the new year, pricing is too volatile and they have contracts going into February already anyway.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

What's the average cost to build a house? You might as well be asking the same question. Too many variables to consider.

Maybe this will help though? Tap the prices to see the different builds...

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I was once told the cost of having a pool built is about the cost of a new car. Price of cars range from the very basic small car to full on with all the bells and whistles. (Imagine new Escalade Platinum ESV). Pools kind of follow those prices, until you move into the grotto swimup bars etc. That's a totally different world.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
What's the average cost to build a house? You might as well be asking the same question. Too many variables to consider.

Well the

Mostly just needed to hear what all you ballers paid for your pools.. looks like the kids will be getting a Doughboy! F a 100k!🤣🤣

DLC

Reaction score
What does that go for? $$$. How hot does the water get without the heater on? Did you buy it in havasu or buy it at home and have it delivered to havasu ? I assume it’s 50 amp.

That’s what I’m thinking!

Yep , I too was shocked at prices . So I got this , use during summer and drain for winter . Best decision I’ve made in a long time . It’s 8ft wide by 12ft long , holds 1600 gallons . View attachment 1012756 View attachment 1012757 View attachment 1012758

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well the

Mostly just needed to hear what all you ballers paid for your pools.. looks like the kids will be getting a Doughboy! F a 100k!🤣🤣

Pretty sure you could get something the kids would love for half of that. But if you were just being nosey, carry on! ,👍😁

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
What does that go for? $$$. How hot does the water get without the heater on? Did you buy it in havasu or buy it at home and have it delivered to havasu ? I assume it’s 50 amp.

That’s what I’m thinking!
Paid $7500 used , 2 years old . New , about $15K to 25K . Picked it up in Riverside . With a solar blanket , it got to 96* in 2 days . Yes 50 amp . I love it !

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Today’s pries are around $80k-$100k depending on the size aNd features. Just like all other big ticket items this past year. Should or held to sell now OR should have bought last year. Can‘t wait to see what Joey and his friends have in store for us over the next 3.5 years. :aniteef:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Well the

If all you want is for something the kids can play in, and are OK with hoopty-ness of it, the ultraframe above ground pools are hard to beat. That what we had in AZ, poured a pad for it to sit on. It came with a sand filter and skimmer. We used it every day and at the end of the season it got drained and collapsed. I didn't have to worry about it the rest of the year.

All in was like 5k for a 8000 gallon pool.

Your ad here

Reaction score
What's the ballpark annual maintenance and repair cost for inground pools? Insurance cost?

Mikes56

Reaction score
I fuckin hate my pool!! Don’t do it!!

It came with the house I bought. The twat I was married to at the time said to fill it with dirt. I should have listened to her. I’m cleaning it daily and twice a week I’m buying something for it. Chlorine, acid, stain remover, tile brush, parts for the damn pool sweep that’s always twisted in a knot. It easily costs $100-$200 a month on electricity and pool chemicals.

My dog uses it more than anyone else.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
We use our pool almost every day during the summer and the spa at least 3x a week. Thing saved my sanity during covid lockdown. Got the kids out of the house for a few hours at a time. Came with the house but was on the shortlist of gots to haves.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Love and use ours almost daily as well in summer and like you 3 times a week in the spa. Spend about an hour a week between brushing vacuuming and checking chemicals. Our pool sweep lasted 20 years with very minimal repairs. Rubber wheels maybe a belt. Our pool store doesn’t charge us for labor just parts. Wouldn’t have a home without one.
Covid was a whole new issue. Morning drinks cause. Why not. When your morning jacuzzi’n. Put on the covid 40 lbs. is a down side though. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
IMG_0590.JPG

I had to vacuum it once a week since the pump couldn't run a crawler, that was my Sunday morning ritual, and I kind of liked it. Since I changed the water each year, chemicals were easy to handle. We were planning on doing some landscaping around the pad to make it look less like a sarcophagus... LOL. The only real improvement would have been a better entrance ladder. The one that comes with the pools works (and can easily be taken out when you aren't using the pool), but it is flimsy and doesn't inspire confidence.

The people that bought the house use the pad it as a basketball court. We brought the pool with us but the season here is really short without any sort of heater, so it has been in storage now for years.

I took this picture when we put it up for the first time,.which is why there is so much crap laying around the pool.

Last edited:

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're at $120K on our build. We signed paperwork in Oct 2020. My neighbor was getting bids recently for pretty much the same pool and they were $30K more.

ELCHINGONROGERS

Reaction score
back in 03 30k for pool spa waterfall all the works i know it was long time ago

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Can’t really explain it but, I’ve been in our So. Cal pool maybe twice in 5 years. The jacuzzi probably 10 times.

Conversely, I’m in the Havasu pool every time we are there. I’m thinking the vibe / life style is just so much better in town.

Paid North of $100k (with a bar, fireplace, etc.) for the So. Cal pool 16 years ago and it truly has been a money sucker..

The Havasu house came with one.

A06F9942-7255-4A62-B1B6-3EE012F9A71A.jpeg
D0FB50E6-5AA0-4FDC-ADBC-EEFC0F5AC196.jpeg

grumpy88

Reaction score
The pool is the cheap part
Try and get chlorine tabs or acid and hold on for the sticker shock:eek:
I bet all those people saying a salt water pool is stupid feel silly now ! Haha

wet hull

Reaction score
I am getting ready to start a pool for a customer in Carlsbad, CA. They are a long time customer and thats why I agreed to help. I am doing cost +20%. Pool will be 15x20x5' deep. No spa. Our goal budget is $50k. I will be job costing this of course and can add my numbers into this thread as I go.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Tabs....90 dollas @ Costco yo....[emoji16]

Two to three tabs a week. Breaks down your 90 bucks to really not being much. . Acid. 1/4 gallon a week. Really not much. Chlorine. A gallon maybe 2. Week. Really not much. If you want to enjoy stuff you have a pay a little. Just saying.

Last edited:

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Two to three tabs a week. Breaks down your 90 bucks to really not being much. Lol. Acid. 1/4 gallon a week. Really not much. Chlorine. A gallon may maybe 2. Week. Really not much. If you want to enjoy stuff you have a pay a little. Just saying.

My chlorine level has been solid....usually only do 1 gallon of liquid a week during the Summer plus tabs. Lately haven't even needed as much liquid...and rarely need acid. I'll throw a bag of shock in once in a while. I just replaced my cleaner too...which is probably making a difference.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Nah...buy a better boat.

While I don’t disagree. Even a better boat won’t allow me to come from work and jump in the pool. Grab a beer or a drink. Fire up the bbq. And just enjoy the end of my normal day. [emoji106][emoji16][emoji481]

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I bet all those people saying a salt water pool is stupid feel silly now ! Haha
Salt is the only way to go, even in Havasu when the pool builders say it’s not a good idea.

Can’t imagine living in Havasu without a pool, allows you to avoid the lake on weekends and holidays, winters in the hot tub nightly are our norm as well.