WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AZ Owner Build Pool Design Needed

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
This is close to distributor cost. I Didn’t look at every item, just the high dollar large equipment. I can get you costs on all if you want.
That would be great. I’ve checked with a couple of different places in AZ and so far nobody can touch my wholesaler.

702sandman

Reaction score
Your numbers seem close, this is what I just paid about 2 months ago
E07F2BBE-E152-45AA-B1D2-EC7AE31D92BC.jpeg
27909F39-584D-4E1D-B137-3BDFC26C3332.jpeg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Pool engineering should be around 1,500.00. This is who I use.
AMMTEC Consultants, PLLC
(480) 927-9696

Shotcrete should be between $275-300 per CY.

Pool excavation should be 7-10K
I quoted AMMTEC and went with SML. Had more than 3 amazing reviews of SML but they were more money, by double, than AMMTEC.

Dig has been quoted between $11-13,000 barring hard dig. Could jump another $10,000 or more.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
There is SCP/superior part number references in the descriptions, so it looks like you or someone you know is already giving you distributor pricing.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
@Melloyellovector how are the microbrites holding up? I built my pool around 5 years ago, and I put in 4 globrites. They are great, however 2 of them failed after a little over 1 year (replaced under warranty) and the other 2 failed last summer (out of warranty I believe). If I replace 2 of my broken globrites with microbrites, do the colors match reasonbly well?

Sorry for the off topic in this thread, but the equipment list posted got me thinking....

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
@Melloyellovector how are the microbrites holding up? I built my pool around 5 years ago, and I put in 4 globrites. They are great, however 2 of them failed after a little over 1 year (replaced under warranty) and the other 2 failed last summer (out of warranty I believe). If I replace 2 of my broken globrites with microbrites, do the colors match reasonbly well?

Sorry for the off topic in this thread, but the equipment list posted got me thinking....
Microbrites will not mount in a globrite niche. Globrite uses a niche made for that light only that goes inside a 2in pipe. microbrite uses a 1.5” female thread.
Micro brites are trash. In my experience 50% failure rate on new installs. Most of them we replace w jandy p series lights with zero issues.
As far as globrite replacement, your stuck with glo brites unless remodeling pool they can chip out fitting, reduce in wall and put 1.5 female in for other options
colorwise color sequence match’s

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Microbrites will not mount in a globrite niche. Globrite uses a niche made for that light only that goes inside a 2in pipe. microbrite uses a 1.5” female thread.
Micro brites are trash. In my experience 50% failure rate on new installs. Most of them we replace w jandy p series lights with zero issues.
As far as globrite replacement, your stuck with glo brites unless remodeling pool they can chip out fitting, reduce in wall and put 1.5 female in for other options
colorwise color sequence match’s
Thanks for the feedback, even if it's not what I was hoping for. Someone told me that there's an adapter that allows a microbrite to be installed in a globrite niche, but if the microbrites are trash then it's probably not a solution for me.

If such an adapter exists, then maybe it would make sense for me to look into the Jandy p series.

This is an example of where an experienced pool builder could save some $$ and hassle vs an owner builder pool.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, even if it's not what I was hoping for. Someone told me that there's an adapter that allows a microbrite to be installed in a globrite niche, but if the microbrites are trash then it's probably not a solution for me.

If such an adapter exists, then maybe it would make sense for me to look into the Jandy p series.

This is an example of where an experienced pool builder could save some $$ and hassle vs an owner builder pool.
Well there it is there, wasn’t even aware of adapter. Just looked it up and sure as shit it does exist. jandy p series should work on same adapter ( note, only need p series if matching pentair color combo and control system ) they’re a brighter light, better spread of light, and I have yet to get a call saying light stopped working.
We still install globrites also, only because it makes warranty easier one call for everything.

Theres nothing wrong with someone doing owner builder, as long as they have some experience with construction, dealing w subs, and knowing if there’s a problem theres no one to call that will take responsibility. Iv seen some owner builder projects that turn out phenomenal, others that are complete abortions. How ever that goes the same with some builders. sooooooo 🤷‍♂️

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Well there it is there, wasn’t even aware of adapter. Just looked it up and sure as shit it does exist. jandy p series should work on same adapter ( note, only need p series if matching pentair color combo and control system ) they’re a brighter light, better spread of light, and I have yet to get a call saying light stopped working.
We still install globrites also, only because it makes warranty easier one call for everything.

Theres nothing wrong with someone doing owner builder, as long as they have some experience with construction, dealing w subs, and knowing if there’s a problem theres no one to call that will take responsibility. Iv seen some owner builder projects that turn out phenomenal, others that are complete abortions. How ever that goes the same with some builders. sooooooo 🤷‍♂️
Thanks again! I will look into the Jandy P series lights. I think you already said this, but if I have 2 globrites and 2 Jandy P-series lights, do the colors reasonably match each each other?

Also, I fully agree with your comments on owner builder projects. I did my pool that way, but I knew going into it that the $$ savings wasn't completely "free" so to speak. I had to spend a fair amount of time managing subs, dealing with one bad sub in particular, and I had a delay of around a month that was my fault due to bad scheduling. The $$ savings was worth it for me to do an owner/builder pool, however there is definitely value in using an experiences pool builder.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Great thread! Speaking of lights, I want to replace/update my spa light and pool light as I'm having the pool resurfaced. Is the Jandy P Series the way to go? Is the P Series the same as their Pro Series?

Pro Series

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Thanks again! I will look into the Jandy P series lights. I think you already said this, but if I have 2 globrites and 2 Jandy P-series lights, do the colors reasonably match each each other?

Also, I fully agree with your comments on owner builder projects. I did my pool that way, but I knew going into it that the $$ savings wasn't completely "free" so to speak. I had to spend a fair amount of time managing subs, dealing with one bad sub in particular, and I had a delay of around a month that was my fault due to bad scheduling. The $$ savings was worth it for me to do an owner/builder pool, however there is definitely value in using an experiences pool builder.
Great thread! Speaking of lights, I want to replace/update my spa light and pool light as I'm having the pool resurfaced. Is the Jandy P Series the way to go? Is the P Series the same as their Pro Series?

Pro Series
Yes, similar color combos, there is slight variation/delay in party modes but likely only you’d notice

if replacing existing lights. depends on what’s existing. If large standard lights no, you’ll need large lights. P series stands for pentair. Jandy had their own color combo and also makes light to match pentair colors

ok, I don’t want to take over FMs build thread.