WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Outdoor Rechargeable Camping Light?

Hammer

Reaction score
I know there are several models out there Devos, See Devil and a few others. I'm looking for something I can use at the desert to light up our camping area without running the generator(cordless/rechargeable).

hallett21

Reaction score
I know there are several models out there Devos, See Devil and a few others. I'm looking for something I can use at the desert to light up our camping area without running the generator(cordless/rechargeable).
How bright? Milwaukee light towers are very bright (there’s 3 preset light levels) and if you have their batteries you’re all set.

They also run on 120v extension cords.

Hammer

Reaction score
How bright? Milwaukee light towers are very bright (there’s 3 preset light levels) and if you have their batteries you’re all set.

They also run on 120v extension cords.
I have one, I should probably buy a tripod. It would probably be fine if I could get it 7 feet in the air. I don't know how much brighter I NEED it to be, but it would be nice if the Milwaukee was a tad brighter...

hallett21

Reaction score
I have one, I should probably buy a tripod. It would probably be fine if I could get it 7 feet in the air. I don't know how much brighter I NEED it to be, but it would be nice if the Milwaukee was a tad brighter...
I was thinking g this one

DWC

Reaction score

Icky

Reaction score
I was thinking g this one

I have that light, and while it's definitely bright, the sea devil is way brighter. The Milwaukee light works good for lighting up and work area or cooking area or even a corn hole game. The sea devil lights up everything( depending on size)

GRANT@FUNCO

Reaction score
in my experience all the typical led flood lights like the Milwaukee are to intense and tend to blind you at some level and cast big shadows.
I get the not wanting to run the generator but our group all switched the seedevil balloon light. I have the 150 watt ballon light. it will run for hours off my intverter

They light a huge area and the light is diffused so no blinding and less shadows.

A customer just gifted us the new seedevil cordless but we haven’t used it yet

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
in my experience all the typical led flood lights like the Milwaukee are to intense and tend to blind you at some level and cast big shadows.
I get the not wanting to run the generator but our group all switched the seedevil balloon light. I have the 150 watt ballon light. it will run for hours off my intverter

They light a huge area and the light is diffused so no blinding and less shadows.

Thanks Grant. I’m not opposed to firing up the generator. I just never use it. It’s still in the box.

We typically just fire up the Motorhome generator as needed. I don’t want to run that all night for obvious reasons..
I have that light, and while it's definitely bright, the sea devil is way brighter. The Milwaukee light works good for lighting up and work area or cooking area or even a corn hole game. The sea devil lights up everything( depending on size)

Good insight, thanks Icky!

hallett21

Reaction score

Those look pretty slick 👍🏻

In a pinch you could pair it with the Milwaukee inverter lol. I’m thinking you guy’s RV batteries would be just fine throughout the night.

Hammer

Reaction score

In a pinch you could pair it with the Milwaukee inverter lol. I’m thinking you guy’s RV batteries would be just fine throughout the night.

That is bad ass!

GRANT@FUNCO

Reaction score

Ordering one up right now. Very cool indeed !

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm not sure which one I just got, but we bought it at Legends from their display model. It lights up a huge area and like you said doesn't blind everyone.

RD

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Which chair, I might need to get the wife one
Uhhhh a heated 1, lol
honestly I have no idea, Michelle got it for me last Xmas. Sharper image and others have similar. i don’t recall if it came with a battery. But I plug in usb cord from Milwaukee inverter and It gets pretty comfy warm. And I don’t have the oooops burnt another chair by drunk loading coals under my ass. lol

lets be honest, you ain’t gonna need a chair until 2025, they’ll be even cooler ones by then 😂

for what it’s worth, lights in camp, sea devil lights with the balloon thing. Nothing better to make it light with out blinding or creating shadows everywhere

Icky

Reaction score
Uhhhh a heated 1, lol
honestly I have no idea, Michelle got it for me last Xmas. Sharper image and others have similar. i don’t recall if it came with a battery. But I plug in usb cord from Milwaukee inverter and It gets pretty comfy warm. And I don’t have the oooops burnt another chair by drunk loading coals under my ass. lol

lets be honest, you ain’t gonna need a chair until 2025, they’ll be even cooler ones by then 😂

for what it’s worth, lights in camp, sea devil lights with the balloon thing. Nothing better to make it light with out blinding or creating shadows everywhere
Baby is due early January, We'll be back out for presidents day, just maybe without a car.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting my daughter something like this for when they go out with the 5th wheel to the desert or lake.
I don’t camp much so is this not something that would be considered useful. ?? Putting one on the front and back of the trailer. 🤷

IMG_5823.png

Singleton

Reaction score

PlanB

Reaction score

Meaney77

Reaction score
I just replaced my LED light strip outside of my motorhome and it made a world of difference, super bright and it's on the dimmer. Not sure if you have a motor home or fifth wheel but Outdoor Lighting on motorhomes are terrible.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
1701287643346.png

78DiMarco

Reaction score
Check out Hybrid Light, they have various models and also flashlights in different brightness. All solar powered with solar cells, USB ports to charge phones and other stuff. I have 3 or 4 of the tabletop lights (like the image) and they work well. Even have a fire light function as in the image so if you only want the ambiance. if you need light just press the button and they have multiple settings... https://hybridlight.com/

I rarely even need to plug them in to recharge, I just leave them out in the sun and they are ready to go each evening... they are durable and water resistant. They came in handy when were in the Grand Canyon dry camping and my cousins ran out of power in their Popup camper so they used my light to recharge their phones... I think this light goes up to 600 lumens in light mode...

1701293127152.png

Hammer

Reaction score
I just replaced my LED light strip outside of my motorhome and it made a world of difference, super bright and it's on the dimmer. Not sure if you have a motor home or fifth wheel but Outdoor Lighting on motorhomes are terrible.
I have a motorhome. It doesn't have an LED strip outside. Just a light over the door. Looking to light up the general camping area.

Hammer

Reaction score

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I don't personally own one, but a friend has brought his out camping and it puts out pretty good light.

Hammer

Reaction score
Update- I got the 159w See Devil for Xmas. It worked great! Very happy with it.

Thanks for the input everyone.