WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cobra 230 razor build

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Should be all done by tues or weds of next week. It would b done this week but they may have found the off shore throttles we wanted so we are kind of held up w that. I'm super excited though I'll run her thurs Friday and then the dam run on Saturday [emoji2][emoji106]

I'll be bringing your wakeboard... will be nice to see the boat in person :thumbup:

We will be up mid-afternoon Thursday.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I know it's a little late at this point,but..

Ask them how hard it would be to get some kind of outlet down there to plug in a little fan.
Getting out of the sun (and a nape)is a must for the little guys.
If you're just kicking it on a beach with no breeze it still gets warm down there.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Ask them how hard it would be to get some kind of outlet down there to plug in a little fan.
If you're just kicking it on a beach with no breeze it still gets warm down there.

Damn that's a great idea he has that in the car for his car seat. I'm gonna ask that would b awesome

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'll be bringing your wakeboard... will be nice to see the boat in person :thumbup:

We will be up mid-afternoon Thursday.

Sounds good! Us too we are going to try to get an early start Thursday and get on the water.

broncomatt

Reaction score

I just did that our last trip out, picked up a fan that blew pretty good from West Marine, I got the one that doesn't have any cage around it but has the bumbers on the blades in case the kids stick their hands in there. It had a cigarette lighter plug on it, but had directions on how to hard wire it in. I am not sure how your cabin is but on our boat there was plenty of room to mount it off to the left of our access panel to the back side of the dash and then I just tapped it into the wires that come from the battery to the stereo.

Here it is, I got the white one, it has two speeds and blows really well under there.

12960241.jpg

We also had the little spray bottle's with the fans on them but they don't last very long before the motors go out... still use them to keep the kid wet to keep him cooled off.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I just did that our last trip out, picked up a fan that blew pretty good from West Marine, I got the one that doesn't have any cage around it but has the bumbers on the blades in case the kids stick their hands in there. It had a cigarette lighter plug on it, but had directions on how to hard wire it in. I am not sure how your cabin is but on our boat there was plenty of room to mount it off to the left of our access panel to the back side of the dash and then I just tapped it into the wires that come from the battery to the stereo.

Here it is, I got the white one, it has two speeds and blows really well under there.

View attachment 357564

We also had the little spray bottle's with the fans on them but they don't last very long before the motors go out... still use them to keep the kid wet to keep him cooled off.

Ok so we added a fan and a 12v outlet so my son or whoever can charge an iPad or phone or whatever [emoji106] thanks guys great call!!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Ok so we added a fan and a 12v outlet so my son or whoever can charge an iPad or phone or whatever [emoji106] thanks guys great call!!

Very welcome!

Best of luck on the maiden voyage,don't forget to take lots of pics..so you can share them here;)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've never been one to really follow the rules but I guess it's come to my attention I've never posted a pic of the wife so here is one of my favorites ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407603357.374256.jpg

SCBLLC

Reaction score

Cig lighter on the dash. Pick up a fan at any auto store and plug it in, some have a clamp that can clamp on the bulkhead holding up the dash.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
V13, when do you pick up the boat?? Can't wait to see it in person, been following this thread from beginning.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407885730.840607.jpg
Finishing up today. We weren't able to get the shifters as planned, pretty stupid situation really but im over it we went w plan b which is run the merc lever until we can get the offshore billet levers from Dana.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Looks awesome! :thumbsup

Putting her in a local lake tomorrow or waiting for Mohave?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Gonna wait for mohave won't be ready till around 3. We kind of held everything up till the last minute in hopes we would get the Dana parts.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Gonna wait for mohave won't be ready till around 3. We kind of held everything up till the last minute in hopes we would get the Dana parts.

Bummer on the shifters, but great she'll be ready. I'm sure I will hear you before seeing you. :D

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
It's easy to get delayed on a custom built .
There's more runs to get to if it's not done .

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It's easy to get delayed on a custom built .
There's more runs to get to if it's not done .

It will be done for sure.when I do the 20 hour service hopefully the shifters are in and we can change them out then. No big deal I just can't wait to get on the water [emoji106][emoji2]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm beyond frustrated to say the least right now [emoji107]

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
hopefully there working all night so they can get you out the door and to the lake.....

Briley

Reaction score
Hang in their man...stop by yesterday to get some stuff and saw your boat, looks beautiful and deal with Dana marine sucks. However when I bought my 280 last year it was a short sale and I had to wait two weeks for bank and missed a family trip.... But definitely worth the wait. You will love your Cobra.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I agree with Briley,just hang in there.
When building a custom boat,a custom anything for that matter,from time to time you run into things that set the build back a little.
He's also spot on about Dana,they're going through some changes at the moment.
Cobra will take care of you.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've calmed down shit happens it's nobody's fault. They told me to show up tomorrow at 1015 and we'll be out the door by 11:15. Don't think I'll launch the boat till Friday now but oh well.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
I've calmed down shit happens it's nobody's fault. They told me to show up tomorrow at 1015 and we'll be out the door by 11:15. Don't think I'll launch the boat till Friday now but oh well.
Whatever gets you on the water!

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm beyond frustrated to say the least right now [emoji107]

It sucks, but in custom builds sometimes delays occur. Once you have it, it will all be worth it.

Dealt with the same stuff during my build. Had a 3 day trip booked for DS 2007 and the Friday of DS the boat was supposed to be done at 10am. Finally left the shop at 5pm with the boys at Ultra 5 hours behind me with other customer boats. In the end, I was out on the water for DS and then the boat went back to the shop to get some items finished.

In the end Ultra made up for it in a big way, and I bet Cobra does the same!!

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Maybe just me but I wouldn't want to take new engine on a
Long run like you been waiting for .
Nice to get a couple hours on it first .
But then I'm anal on things like that.
Make sure you break in that engine right .

Sbarry

Reaction score

What he said [emoji106]

dribble

Reaction score

What he said [emoji106]

I should never admit this on a public forum but the second time I had my boat out with less than two hours on the meter we were about 25 miles up river when my friend's dog swallowed a big fish hook and was bleeding out his mouth and nose. We loaded him into my brand new boat and I went full throttle down the river at about 4800 RPM for over twenty minutes with the speedo right at about 70. Got the dog into surgery and saved him. As for the boat, that was eleven years ago and it has always run like a top and never burned a drop of oil. It was a great way to break it in.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score

V13, I know waiting is a killer and another delay sucks. I'll tell you this about Jeff, he ain't gonna let anything out the door till both you and he are happy with it, and trust me, I've dealt with him enough to know (he's built my last 3 boats!) He wants to make sure everything is good for your first trip.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score

I should never admit this on a public forum but the second time I had my boat out with less than two hours on the meter we were about 25 miles up river when my friend's dog swallowed a big fish hook and was bleeding out his mouth and nose. We loaded him into my brand new boat and I went full throttle down the river at about 4800 RPM for over twenty minutes with the speedo right at about 70. Got the dog into surgery and saved him. As for the boat, that was eleven years ago and it has always run like a top and never burned a drop of oil. It was a great way to break it in.

I've tried both ways to break in a motor, never been any problems.

The nice thing about the damn run, it's not a 60 mile bonzai run, there's enough peeps running you can cruise with for awhile and take a break than cruise some more.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
V13, I know waiting is a killer and another delay sucks. I'll tell you this about Jeff, he ain't gonna let anything out the door till both you and he are happy with it, and trust me, I've dealt with him enough to know (he's built my last 3 boats!) He wants to make sure everything is good for your first trip.

Thank u Jeff and hernando have been great through out this whole thing. I've spent lots of time with hern and really like him. I'm going by in a little bit and I'm stoked I can hardly wait?

CobraDave

Reaction score
I have been following this build the whole time. Very anxious to see the outcome! I almost want to drive down there myself! I hope its finished today. We better have at least 20 pics on here!!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
What is going on V13?? Lets see some pics of that bad boy hooked to your rig.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Ok the boat is beautiful. I have some pics I'll post when I get the wifi going and on the water tomorrow. Of course my bad luck has not left me and believe it or not my bench seat flew out about 30miles from bullhead. It's destroyed. Im going to try and make it work for the weekend cover it w towels and whatever. Even with that happening I'm stoked can't wait to get this thing wet first thing in the morning. I called cobra hopefully they can get started on a new bench and I'll bring it out in 2 weeks