WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dennys

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Isn't Denny's running a $5.99 breakfast grand slam special right now?
That's about the cost of a large fry at McDees nowadays. 🙃

Hoodoo

Reaction score
My aunt owned a hardware store in Marathon in the keys back in the day. I remember being in the nearby Denny’s late at night and people openly smoking weed. 1976ish.

DWC

Reaction score
Denny’s was the go-to place for firing someone for A LOT of years. If you got an invite from the VP to meet them at Denny’s you knew what was going to go down. Haven’t got the invite for me but was the “witness” a few times. 😳. Needless to say, kinda killed the place for me.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Denny’s was the go-to place for firing someone for A LOT of years. If you got an invite from the VP to meet them at Denny’s you knew what was going to go down. Haven’t got the invite for me but was the “witness” a few times. 😳. Needless to say, kinda killed the place for me.
That's the most depressing story I have ever heard. Sorry you lost your livelihood enjoy the cheapest meal I could find? Better get used to it this will be the nicest dinner you will be able to afford ever again. On the bright side I hear they are looking for kitchen help.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Kinda like going to the “train station” if you worked at the Yellowstone Ranch. 😳😝

DWC

Reaction score
That's the most depressing story I have ever heard. Sorry you lost your livelihood enjoy the cheapest meal I could find? Better get used to it this will be the nicest dinner you will be able to afford ever again. On the bright side I hear they are looking for kitchen help.
You’re not wrong. Some brutal days for sure. It started before i got here. Think it was intended to be somewhat of a heads up. Either way, never felt good. At the end of the day i always tell people when they get promoted to not sleep with the help and don’t cheat on your numbers. We don’t do many RIF’s and it’s almost impossible to get fired for performance. The number of people we lose to sleeping with cashiers or faking something is staggering.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
You’re not wrong. Some brutal days for sure. It started before i got here. Think it was intended to be somewhat of a heads up. Either way, never felt good. At the end of the day i always tell people when they get promoted to not sleep with the help and don’t cheat on your numbers. We don’t do many RIF’s and it’s almost impossible to get fired for performance. The number of people we lose to sleeping with cashiers or faking something is staggering.
One place I worked, the boss would wear a hawaiian shirt when he was gonna fire someone....everyones asshole puckered when he walked in wearing that shirt in the morning....and he usually waited till about 3 in the afternoon.

stonehenge

Reaction score
thats some fucked up psychological shit right there, he has some f-d up mindset

nameisbond

Reaction score
Kind of like Denny's in both the locations I go to. One is fairly newly built so its still good. The other is owned by an owner who gives a crap. They both are on the ball.

spectras only

Reaction score
Kind of like Denny's in both the locations I go to. One is fairly newly built so its still good. The other is owned by an owner who gives a crap. They both are on the ball.
Used to go to Denny's meeting friends for coffe to BS'ing. Food was good in the past. You have to ask the waiters for making the bacon crispy, or you pay the price later in the bathroom. :eek: Most Denny's are not maintained to a high standard and cleanliness IMO.
I prefer Tim Horton now a days, they coming out with new menu, including flat pizzas.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Used to go to Denny's meeting friends for coffe to BS'ing. Food was good in the past. You have to ask the waiters for making the bacon crispy, or you pay the price later in the bathroom. :eek: Most Denny's are not maintained to a high standard and cleanliness IMO.
I prefer Tim Horton now a days, they coming out with new menu, including flat pizzas.
I get donuts at Tims about once per week. The Denny's in Langley is only about four years old and since it is fairly new. It is well run. Wenatchee Denny's has a hands on owner and he does a great job with that location. But for that style food I mostly go to White Spot or their fast food version Triple O's.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Dennys in Atascadero was an Ad Hoc homeless mecca with shopping cart parking in the rear , then it morphed into Huckleberrys , Rhonda and I went in a few weeks back for breakfast .... a homeless woman was in the head for a half hour taking a bath in a sink

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Even Dennys closed in Eureka. IHOP opened in their location, but it looks dead every time I go by. Why anyone would try to open a restaurant up here right now is beyond me.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Even Dennys closed in Eureka. IHOP opened in their location, but it looks dead every time I go by. Why anyone would try to open a restaurant up here right now is beyond me.

The Denny's in Monroe, WA closed and became an IHOP. The Denny's in that location was always fairly busy. IHOP, not so much.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Last time I went to a dennys was actually in lake Havasu around 2am. Patty melt was decent when shit faced.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Last time I went to a dennys was actually in lake Havasu around 2am. Patty melt was decent when shit faced.

Right???

That's the only time I've Intentionally gone into a Denny's, at 2am when I was too drunk to know the difference!

🤣🤮

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
I always thought that La Quinta in Spanish meant "Next to Dennys" least that's how it was around where I grew up...

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Hey Dan don't forget to ask for the senior citizens discount I know I do.....

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Many Friday night on way in LHC stopped at Needles Denny's large bowl assorted ice creme that was not on menu,just ask for it. Outstanding trailer parking. Building vacant many years now.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Until March I hadn’t been to Denny’s in almost 3 decades....and remembered why.

4Waters

Reaction score
Always hit up the Dennys off Sand Canyon on our way home from LACR